Rick & Morty (Season 4 starts November 2019)

I wonder if he's still gonna have those scars next episode, or if he'll've recovered using one of the many many medicinal serums that the universe has to offer.
Or if he'll switch between having the scars and not having them, giving us a hint to when we're switching universes again. I doubt they'd be that obvious with the hints, but I try to be on the lookout for signs when we're no longer following Morty C-137 and his Rick.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wonder if he's still gonna have those scars next episode, or if he'll've recovered using one of the many many medicinal serums that the universe has to offer.

X :neo:

What if every R&M episode is just yet another universe with different wossnames, and the universe name / number is just one of many universes with the same name, and nothing matters, everybody dies, come watch TV?

Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland & The Rick and Morty Team Try McDonald's Szechuan Sauce

Too bad the sauce was clearly underwhelming.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

The fact that Chetreo does one of these every week is the best fucking thing. This might even be better than I Am Alive.

21147911_1226973744073947_2760216335421014016_n.jpg

- Source

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, remember crystallized anthenite? It's the thing that they use to connect their cable box to every conceivable reality in Rixty Minutes.

Well, according to Dan Harmon (though stated indirectly), this is what Rick is using in his machine at the end of Auto Erotic Assimilation.

As of this moment could be any more heavy than it already is, Rick almost obliterated himself IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE REALITY at the end of this episode, but passed out seconds too soon.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Ghost X

Thought the past couple of episodes were relatively pretty average, but Episode 7 is another awesome episode :P.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I've been calling him Eyepatch Morty but I'm just glad he showed his face again. Had my suspicions the whole episode but hearing his track kick in at the end made me squeal.

God I love this show.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Everything about this was brilliant.
The way that they even showed JUST the trip to Atlantis parts in the previews and everything, and the whole development of multiple storylines across the citadel was just so well intertwined. From the second you see him sort of dismissively interact with the other Morty, I was just hoping, and then hearing his theme drop, I was just unbelievably stoked. Also, it makes the title of the last episode of the season about 1000x more exciting.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Chetreo's remixes really have become an awesome reflection on each episode for me, and I love how dedicated he is to putting them together and dropping them as close to the episode air date as possible.

So, what decision do you think Beth made? Did she leave a clone of herself behind to take care of the family? ...Does it even matter?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, what decision do you think Beth made? Did she leave a clone of herself behind to take care of the family? ...Does it even matter?

I think that it's gonna intentionally ambiguous, but always there as a potential "out" if they need some sort of deus ex plot device (unlikely, but possible).

Ghost X

What would Rick do? That's my answer :p. The episode argued that the daughter was like the father after aĺl.

The most disappointing Rick & Morty episode I ever did see. No Robot Bird Person and no eyepatch Morty. I was expecting some payoff on these topics but we got none at all. Instead, Jerry and Beth get back together. I won't say it's entirely the restoration of the old status quo because there's been a lot of character development and exploration this season, but it still *feels* like going back to the old status quo and I don't like that.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The most disappointing Rick & Morty episode I ever did see. No Robot Bird Person and no eyepatch Morty. I was expecting some payoff on these topics but we got none at all. Instead, Jerry and Beth get back together. I won't say it's entirely the restoration of the old status quo because there's been a lot of character development and exploration this season, but it still *feels* like going back to the old status quo and I don't like that.
The ending felt really out of nowhere too. Morty goes from "Actually I don't think I want a selfie anymore" to "Yeah I got together with my family to hide from you, Rick." In the space of minutes. None of that Morty angst and frustration with Rick we can see that is awesome. Everyone just did a U-Turn on the entire season's character development.

TkYVQWK.png

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Note: You can just pretend that the Ricklantis Mixup occurs after this since there aren't really any markers for when it takes place chronologically.

The return to "status quo" is important for a number of reasons, first and foremost IS the the stuff that happened at the Citadel. If the Smiths have something resembling a healthy familial relationship, with Rick as the odd man out, it puts things in a VASTLY more dangerous position for Rick insofar as the overarching reach of eyepatch Morty is concerned, since his most powerful tool at present is shifting peoples' perceptions against other Ricks.

Additionally, the entire confrontation with the President and Rick establishing an alternate "Fly Fishing Rick" persona with him definitely introduces a point where a stand-in "Fly Fishing Rick" could essentially turn the entire government against Rick – and Eyepatch Morty currently has access to a near-unlimited number of other Ricks.

Additionally, all of the stuff with Beth dives into the self-doubt that Rick doesn't face, because he's smart enough that he doesn't fear the consequences of his actions in a way that he can't control, even when he IS out of his depth (Pickle Rick being the prime example). Additionally, in attempting to do what's best for everyone with selfish motivations – splitting the family apart and destroying the Galactic Government – Rick ended up in reuniting the Smith family and making peace with the US Government in what ended up being a better situation for all of them EXCEPT him, so it exists as a perfect juxtaposition to how the season started.

I can see why some people are disappointed that all of the little background things didn't come to fruition in a big conflict in the finale, but Rick and Morty is perfectly capable of dropping those sorts of bombshells in whatever episode they feel like at any time, which helps it keep from feeling formulaic or pushing off all the plot threads to where everything feels expected and predictable (Game of Thrones). All in all, if you look at it as an episode that's meant to play the Yin to the first episode's Yang, it's completely successful.

For 2-3 days now figured that it was a dead give-away that Beth is NOT a clone, because Rick wouldn't have overlooked the mistake of making a Beth clone remember the conversation about going on self-explorative adventures and leaving the family behind with a clone. He would have created a clone without any memory of that conversation, thus covering that track.

...Yes, that would have been the smart thing to do because it would have prevented Beth's existential crisis. But then I listened to the "I Am Alive" remix and remembered that Rick didn't mind creating robot versions of his grandkids and then disregarding robot Morty's rise in self-preserving sentience.

If there's anything Rick does not care about, it's his power to create existential crises.

Top Bottom