• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Game of Thrones

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I enjoyed the dialogue but there was still too much fighting for me. :P I know it has to be done and I know some fans like it, so it's not really a complaint, just a personal preference.

Edit:
also, WTF is wrong with Arya?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I enjoyed the dialogue but there was still too much fighting for me. :P I know it has to be done and I know some fans like it, so it's not really a complaint, just a personal preference.

Edit:
also, WTF is wrong with Arya?

Ok, so I'm sorry for this language if anyone dislikes it but Arya was acting like a little cunt in this episode. I'm sure this drama between them is temporary, but threatening to cut her sister's face off is drawing the line. I know it's meant to illustrate that she is quite fucked in the head now, but she was doing just fine earlier in the season, like she had started to gain some of her humanity and compassion back and then WHAM!

I hope Littlefinger dies in the next episode. I'll miss Aidan Gillen, but this asshole needs to go. Too bad Arya probably won't wear his face.

BRAN! Get your shit together and sort out your sisters please!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Tbh there was more screentime for talking than I expected in this episode, I expected more fighting from last weeks' preview. :wacky:

Not personally impressed by the continuing Stark sister fighting, it's bothering me greatly. :kermit: I think it's a bit unnecessary this late in the series. I'm worried about what's going to happen because of it, and also with Sansa because I think she's keeping Littlefinger around because she's both trying to learn from him and use him/outplay him but I'm afraid that he's still smarter than her and if she doesn't watch out and find a way to off him quick, she'll be the one being controlled again.
Bran wtf, do something :wacky:

I really loved the dialogue between everyone else in this episode (meaning those outside of Winterfell :wacky:). The chats beyond the wall were priceless, omfg.

I got really sad when Viserion died. Godammit. ;_____; I knew it was likely, and knew it would happen once I saw the shot of all three dragons before the left, but I still didn't want it happening. :'( It made me extremely sad, ngl. Anytime a direwolf or now a dragon goes, I feel so bad. :( Ugggh and it sucks to see him become some wight dragon but I knew it'd happen too. Dragons are wild fire. Now Viserion is a dead servant and presumably doesn't have his fire anymore. It's a sad mockery of what dragons are.

- I'm betting that this business with Arya acting crazy is just a way for the show runners to have us believe that Littlefinger still is a threat and has a role to play. Littlefinger has been a disappointing character for a while now and there's not much left for him but to die. This conflict with the sisters is forced and will hopefully end in the next episode.

- I giggle at my amusement of the red shirts in Jon's Suicide Squad whom we didn't see when they left for the north in the last episode, only to have them blink in and out of existence here. :lol: Oh look, it's character-who-we-saw-for-zero-seconds-before-his-death-scene #4! Favorite red shirt, sad to see him go.

- Poor Jon finally gets to see Benjen for a whole of five seconds before Benjen goes from living dead to dead. I suppose it's still the best context to make a final utilization of the character.

- I enjoyed Tyrion's dialogue with Daenerys, as it properly addressed her previous claim of wanting to "break the wheel". She isn't acting like a person who wishes to start political reform, so it was about time Tyrion spoke in full honesty with her.

- Super satisfying to see what we've dreamed about for years: Dragons roasting wights. The show has now also established well enough how vulnerable the dragons are and why they alone can't defeat the white walkers.

At first I was tilting my head at why the Night King didn't spear Drogon first of all, since he was a stationary, easy target. But in hindsight I can see the reasoning. Had he speared Drogon first, the other two dragons would have likely flown away out of reach. It was obvious that Drogon would remain stationary for a while, so attacking the moving dragon first still gave him opportunity to also attack Drogon later (and he got super-close to actually taking down Drogon!).

- Entertaining dialogue among the suicide squad. 'Nuff said.

- I enjoyed the action in this episode. The dead bear, the wights, the White Walkers, the suicide squad, dragon fire, Benjen's brief assist etc. Looking forward to the Ice Dragon.

Though it's a pity we don't seem to ever be getting any giant ice spiders. =/

For multiple reasons, Seasons 1-6 of GoT are turning out to be an entirely different show compared to seasons 7 & 8. I feel more like I'm watching a really long fantasy action movie, rather than a needlessly slow-progressing book series adaptation. There are definitely arguments to be made for why the dissonance between this "new" GoT and the old one creates an uneven viewing experience, but my stance remains that I prefer GoT finally getting on with it.

EDIT:

Additional.

- Daenerys's white dress is SO COOL! :D

- What in the world does Thormund mean when he says that many people died because Mance refused to bend the knee? What is he referring to exactly? I know this is meant to build up to Jon declaring Daenerys his queen at the end but it felt off and like it wasn't really Thormund who was speaking.

- Rest in peace Thoros, you drunken necromancer!

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
- What in the world does Thormund mean when he says that many people died because Mance refused to bend the knee? What is he referring to exactly? I know this is meant to build up to Jon declaring Daenerys his queen at the end but it felt off and like it wasn't really Thormund who was speaking.

Tormund is referring to the end of Season 4 when Stannis shows up with his forces to kick ass. Mance refused to bend the knee to Stannis,
and many of his followers followed suit, thus leading to many of the Wildlings under Mance's being killed by Stannis's men before Mance himself was sentenced to death. Tormund is a proud Wildling, but he's learned a lot since coming south of the Wall. Learning when to cage your pride is one of those things.

Fangu

Great Old One
If I'm among this group of people you've had to unfollow, I won't apologize.
You're not. Not rage-unfollowed anyway, I unfollowed you for some time for season 6, and did so for the start of 7. Of course you can talk about GoT on your Facebook. It's my duty to unfollow to not see it, which I did :monster:

Anyway far from everyone puts up warnings ahead, that's a pretty okay thing for you to do.

There's people who've never talked about the show before that will suddenly start splurging major story reveals in caps, or posting images. Hell we even have a GoT spoiler agreement at work, I don't see how it can be so hard for people to realise that not everyone watches the episodes the day after they air. (They are available from 3am here so only the die hards will be watching them when they're released.)

Then there's the thing where it's one thing to talk about aired episodes, another is to start spoiling leaks. Some people do that and think it's funny. >_>

From the interview:
“If the show was struggling, I’d be worried about those concerns, but the show seems to be doing pretty well so it’s OK to have people with those concerns.”
Translation: I don't give a fuck I just want to get this over with now. :awesomonster:

Lex

Administrator
I marathon'd seasons 5 and 6 in the past week and am currently on the third episode of season 7.

Season 6 has been my favourite season. I'm still not in love with how this show adores its unnecessary rape for shock value, but I'm glad to have seen that drastically reduced since the Season 5 outcry. From a purely entertainment/ character/ storyline standpoint, it's been really excellent.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Game Of Thrones director admits the show’s timeline is “straining plausibility”

Haven't read the article beyond the headline due to spoilers and shit, but again, they should've hecking waited for the fucking books to be finished :monster:

They kinda can't. Actors don't want to be signed onto contracts for 10+ years waiting for the original source materal to be finished when the show is already greenlit.

I'm sure when GRRM agreed to let the show be made he may have thought that the last two books would be finished before the show came to its end, but obviously that didn't happen, and I'm ok with that. D&D know the endgame for most off the characters and the story; they just have to connect the dots to get there.

The original treatment for the show when it was pitched was 7 seasons, and by Season... 4, I think, HBO had come out and said that they wanted an 8th. I'm wondering just how much this threw D&D's original plans for a loop, and what was changed just to extend the story. I wonder if the Dorne plotline would have been as big a mess if that Ellaria/Sand Snakes revenge plot hadn't existed and Jaime just went to Riverrun first like he was supposed to. I know Dorne would have come into the fold somehow, but I wonder if it would have been different...

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Here are some of the details of Daenerys's fabulous coat we saw in the most recent episode. It really is a thing of beauty.

mgot_706_dany_coat_01_1200x800.jpg

mgot_706_dany_coat_02_1200x800.jpg

mgot_706_dany_coat_04_1200x800.jpg

mgot_706_dany_coat_03_1200x800.jpg

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Damn it's so good <3 I've always noticed her outfits throughout the seasons and I usually always love them. XD <3

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Season 7 soundtrack releases digitally tomorrow. Here's the entire track listing, which provides a few clues about the finale. Nothing crazy though.

1. Main Title
2. Dragonstone
3. Shall We Begin?
4. The Queen&#8217;s Justice
5. A Game I Like to Play
6. I Am the Storm
7. The Gift
8. Dragonglass
9. Spoils of War, Pt. 1
10. Spoils of War, Pt. 2
11. The Dagger
12. Home
13. Gorgeous Beasts
14. The Long Farewell
15. Against All Odds
16. See You for What You Are
17. Casterly Rock
18. A Lion&#8217;s Legacy
19. Message for Cersei
20. Ironborn
21. No One Walks Away from Me
22. Truth
23. The Army of the Dead
24. Winter Is Here

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Seriously though,
epic, epic finale. I really enjoyed it. <3 Lots of stuff to mention.
My first (and maybe only quibble) is perhaps how the whole Arya/Sansa duping Littlefinger was handled. I guess they did it to make you surprised as much as possible when they suddenly turn on Littlefinger when he's comfortable, but I felt it could've been handled a bit better somehow. Idk how, but I just feel that way. XD I do like how it's Sansa who's a part of his downfall though. Like we all know how much shit is a result of Littlefinger's plotting; to see him ousted by Sansa and Arya when he thought he was safe was such a great justice moment.
What's odd is that him and Joffrey are the only two characters so far that I actually just cheered when they died. :wacky: I didn't cheer (that I can remember) with Ramsay dying, though I felt very satisfied and glad he was gone, but Joffrey and Littlefinger, omg I just like, I celebrated. :closedmonster:
But yeah, despite me not being super happy with how it was handled (I had hoped that Arya and Sansa might be playing Littlefinger because of how weird and extreme this whole shpeel was, but I was honestly unsure and even wondered briefly if Arya was going to be banished or attempted to be executed, though seeing Bran next to Sansa made that thought pretty weak), I am happy with the ending of it, that Littlefinger's finally met his end.

I don't wanna be here all night so I'll just try to list the major points that I loved <3

The shot of the Unsullied standing still and the Dothraki screaming as they rode between the ranks and it was such a beautiful cohesion of the two forces. Shows that they know exactly how to fight together and they are one.

The meeting between the huge players in the dragon pit.

Tyrion meeting with Cersei in private; it was a tense and kind of emotional scene, the fact that they both get emotional was great. I wondered if Tyrion would die in that room. Was honestly a bit surprised he walked out of it alive. But I loved the scene, very very great.

Jamie and Cersei. Oh my god towards the end, when they're arguing, and you can just see that Jamie is really getting it nailed into his head that Cersei has snapped and that she doesn't give a fuck about anything besides some of her remaining family. He knew it already but seeing a wight gave him and her the final realization of how far apart they've become. He knows that he needs to help in this war, and she's still saying she'll not help at all. There's nothing else anyone can do to try and convince her.
I really thought Jamie was going to die in that scene. I was just convinced that, now that he's 'betrayed' Cersei and is actively walking away from her, she would take him out, unable to let him leave. And yet.... she did. Maybe even though she's snapped, she still recognizes that he's always loved her. Whatever the case, she was unable to actually kill him.
I find it very interesting that both her brothers were with her alone, both times she threatened to have them killed, and both times she was unable to do it. To the brother she hates and to the brother she loves. Just really great scenes, the actors were amazing in them <3

Snow falling over King's Landing finally. I've been waiting for this to happen and it was awesome. Winter is here finally and everyone knows it. I was mentioning how it looked like winter in the shot of Jamie riding away from Kings Landing, and then lo and behold, the snow starts falling. Looooved it <3

Hearing Viserion's high-pitched screech and seeing the battered wings as he flies in. I feel so sad for him. ;-; Dragons are made of fire and are wild, untamed. Now Viserion is just a servant to the Night King and breaths... idk if that's a kind of frost-fire or what, but even though it destroyed the wall I dunno if it would burn people or freeze them to death... Regardless, he's a mockery of what he once was. It's my hope that before the end/in the end, Rhaegal and Drogon are able to fight him and take him down, burning his body and releasing him from the torment. Even if Viserion is technically dead now and it's just a puppet, it's still sad.
Speaking of the wall, that last sequence was awesome. The wall has finally been shattered. O____O Awww shit man. Fucking amazing scene, powerful and ominous. Won't be long before Winterfell is besieged, methinks.

Last but not least, Jon and Dany :awesome: Wouldn't have minded being in Dany's place in that last scene.... :awesome:
Also really loved hearing Bran and Sam discuss and reveal, vocally, the entire truth to each other, FINALLY, about Jon's heritage. It's just great <3
I can foresee this potentially causing some squick from maybe Jon when he finds out that he's just fallen in love with, and slept with, his aunt.... .__.

haaaaa it was such a good episode. @_@ Gah!

Top Bottom