Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I saw the news of the chibi game on Twitter this morning at work, and I just couldn't help but laugh, first in amusement, and then it slowly turned into one of exasperation.

And it's not so much that I mind the chibi look of it, but this game does nothing for the XV universe as a whole. This is not the first time SE has milked a franchise to death, but it seems like these titles are just catering to the rabid fanboys/fangirls of XV who will buy anything related to this game that Square puts out. The only things that have remotely expanded the 'universe' of XV are the character DLCs. Say what you will about some of the compilation entries, but I think we've gotten more decent content from that than all of these spinoff titles Square keeps pushing for XV.

I mean, I want the company to make more money so they can keep making more games, but I feel like this is pushing it.

Although I kinda wanna see what chibi Cor looks like. :closedmonster:

There's supposed to be another XV announcement as Gamescom though, I think?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Interesting find on Twitter.

The Omen trailer.
DH1sCEUVoAUV5jQ.jpg

The new Assassin's Creed: Origins trailer.
DH1sG2jUAAAfRj9.jpg

Lex

Administrator
I would really like it if SE could just stick to the DLC and then move on from XV. Just putting that out there in the ether :monster:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Should I remind people that Square has 12 separate divisions dedicated to making games? Focusing on one game wont stop them from doing other stuff...

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

Why do I get a feeling they're already working on a prequel or a sequel to FFXV since fans want more of it if they're doing it this way as well as the DLC content?

Or maybe it's an update on Episode Ignis which is a bit more than four months away from now.

I would really like it if SE could just stick to the DLC and then move on from XV.

Same here. FFXV's story has already ended and not much of a cliff-hanger either. I'm okay with the way it is, even though the ending was pretty slack, but understanable and
at least Noctis and Lunafreya are reunited and happily married in the Afterlife.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I would really like it if SE could just stick to the DLC and then move on from XV. Just putting that out there in the ether :monster:
the last ff game that didn't have a followup of some kind was 9

tragic

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
the last ff game that didn't have a followup of some kind was 9

tragic

At least Final Fantasy IX had a
happy ending
and it's story was so completed that everyone was sastified and thus, there was no need for a followup or anymore titles for that game. Same with Final Fantasy VIII.

These are good news!
Nice game but they need to move on and break this line of sequels.

I happen to like sequels of certain things, especially since certain ones need followups to find out what happens next if endings of games or movies end up having open endings which are almost as bad as cliff-hangers.

Off-topic; That's why I love the Compilation of FFVII because they solved that delimma....even though with Dirge, I'm stuck in a cliff-hanger but at least most of everyone survived....just wish Rufus and the Turks showed up in that game.

{Now, returning to main topic.}

But, with Final Fantasy XV, there's no need for a sequel because that game's ending is understandable enough and that I can cope with
given that we all know that Noctis died, and despite none of us know what happened to Prompto, Gladio and Ignis after that, some people might think they died too, but when it comes to the photo Noct' and Luna' both have with them in certain gameplays, I'm more assuming that they're alive and are moving on, mournfully, but moving on, to help rebuilt the world now that the Sun is back

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

Why do I get a feeling they're already working on a prequel or a sequel to FFXV since fans want more of it if they're doing it this way as well as the DLC content?

Honestly, if they were working on some type of sequel for the game, or even a prequel (which would make no sense to make), I don't think they'd be bothering with half the crap they've been pumping out for it. I could be wrong of course, but even without the confirmation of no sequel I think it's obvious that Square has no plans for one.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA

Honestly, if they were working on some type of sequel for the game, or even a prequel (which would make no sense to make), I don't think they'd be bothering with half the crap they've been pumping out for it. I could be wrong of course, but even without the confirmation of no sequel I think it's obvious that Square has no plans for one.

You're probably right....At least that's why hope. FFXV isn't that bad, but...if they did, it'll probably be crap just like Kingsglaive and the FFXIII Trilogy(Lightning Returns was probably the best one and that's saying something, even though they should've juts left it with just FFFXIII itself and not bother having made XIII-2).

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Everytime I see Gladio in that mobile version, I can't....I just can't....

it's like a mental black hole. I just can't. The character model is just.

Like, everyone else's character models is fine and cute in a way, but I just can't comprehend Gladio's. And I don't know why.

(Also, the mobile vr is really just more milking of XV and a cash grab, and I'm not really interested in that.)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
As long as it's not pulling development team people off of things I care about, I don't really see the harm in it. I'm not gonna get it, but it doesn't upset me or anything.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I feel like SE is having waay too much fun with this crossover. XD I'm interested in what bonuses the Assassin outfits will provide in FFXV.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
All of this crazy content, and yet no word on the survey or if they're even going to do anything about what the fans say they want.

EDIT:

I've been a bit crabby lately. I actually think this Assassin's Festival is pretty damn neat. I'll probably play it tonight after work.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
People always get so bent out of shape about this stuff and I don't understand why. I remember people throwing conniptions that Noel had N7 and Assassin's Armor in XIII-2. It's no skin off my nose, and this thing in particular is free, so who cares?

Top Bottom