• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Where would you update ACC's visuals and scene composition?

Inspired by the "How would you re-write AC/C?" thread, I'd like to know where people would want to see changes done to the visuals of ACC without rewriting the story.

By "scene composition" in the thread name I am referring to the timing of scenes, how they transition, if there are any continuity errors and so forth. If there are any sound effects or musical cues that you think should be changed feel free to write about that as well. =)

Getting an obvious point out of the way,
I think all of us would like the whole movie to be in the same uniform resolution quality. I don't know the numbers (720p, 1080p etc) but most of the scenes from the original version have merely been upscaled for the blu-ray release while the new scenes are of a noticeably higher quality. On a big screen especially, these transitions from "Upscaled DVD quality" to "Blu-ray quality" are jarring. A re-release of ACC should have the same visual quality all the way through.

Two more points before I let the thread run on its own.

- Add dirt to Tifa's shoes. I pointed this out in the rewrite AC/C thread and I stand by the impression that the shoes are simply way too clean.

- In the Cloud vs Sephiroth battle (01:39:30 in my movie file) I'd implement the deleted scene where Cloud uses a platform to help him ascend further. Including this scene helps set at least the feeling of an upper limit on how far Cloud can high jump on his own, without limit breaking or getting assistance like in the Bahamut Tremor battle. I don't feel that Cloud's unused line in this scene is of importance (plus that would constitute a rewrite, which is not what this thread is about).

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Make Tifa's eyes brownish-red LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE!

And also, make the film in colour :monster:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
The movie does look pretty good for now being 11 and 7 years old, depending on what version you watch.

I guess we could use an update as Shademp described.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Make Tifa's eyes brownish-red LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE!

And also, make the film in colour :monster:

This this this

Tifa's eyes were the color of poop. And no I'm not being sarcastic, that's an actual thought I had. :closedmonster:

I don't know about the overall color palette of the movie, though. As a matter of personal preference I like bright, saturated colors but that might not have worked.

I would, however, make the materia all be the RIGHT colors, and brighter/more saturated.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I for one hope they retained the original models and composition and whatnot, so that they could re-render the whole thing at 1080P, 3D, or 4K video.

But given how ACC just edited the original renders with new HD rendered scenes instead of re-rendering the whole thing, I doubt they have the originals.

That, or rendering took even more time and money than I could imagine. Still, it's been over ten years now (jesus H has it been that long? :( ), and there's been some pretty major advancements in computer power / scale, they could do it. If they still have the original files.

- At 01:27:14 in ACC, when Loz's bike is flying towards Cloud, Yazoo fires a shot at Cloud. We never see this shot getting deflected or even dodged by Cloud. We don't even see the projectile itself, as all we get is fire and smoke from Yazoo's gun.

Yazoo fires his shot and Cloud has his swords raised in a defensive position. Fair enough, we see that he is about to defend himself from the shot. However, we never see or hear the deflection of the shot.

5nT3eij.png

In the frame right after this one, Cloud is no longer holding his swords in a defensive position. When watching the movie you can get the impression that Cloud is about to be, or should have been, hit by the bullet right there. Either that or you feel that one second of footage has been skipped.

YACtXb5.png

I speculate that because much of this scene happens in slow-motion, they didn't want to awkwardly extend the scene with 1-2 seconds by showing the deflection of Yazoo's shot. Even so I would like a re-release of ACC to fill in this continuity hole regarding Cloud's deflection (or dodging) of Yazoo's shot.

But given how ACC just edited the original renders with new HD rendered scenes instead of re-rendering the whole thing, I doubt they have the originals.
This is a curious topic because from the Cloud vs Sephiroth battle and onwards, the movie is consistently in true blu-ray quality. Though I can't find the interview, I recall Nomura saying in an interview before ACC's release that people reacted to Cloud's model looking different in blu-ray quality but that they were indeed still using the old model(s). I don't know enough about the nuances of rendering technology and techniques to provide confident speculation. Maybe they have the original files, maybe they only have *some* of the original files. I dunno.

This is a curious topic because from the Cloud vs Sephiroth battle and onwards, the movie is consistently in true blu-ray quality.
It isn't though.
When I watched the movie on a huge screen, I never get the "upscaled DVD quality" impression from that point but of course I could be wrong. I will at the very least maintain that the final scene inside the church is in full blu-ray quality.

Last edited:
Top Bottom