Google advertising

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
so liek I'm getting spammed by google with a €75 advertising voucher. Do we want to use that? If so, how would we even advertise :monster:. Could probably do simple text ads, which should (iirc) be a title and a short blurb of text.

Or a "hot moms near you" one. We'll need someone to donate a picture or two then though :awesome:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I know there's something you can do with Google where if someone types something into the search engine (like say "Final Fantasy VII") you can pay a certain amount to have TLS pop up in the first 5,10,15,20, etc. results. That's how I've seen some people advertise their home businesses in some areas.

But I don't think TLS has a problem with gaining members; it's more of a getting them to stick around problem. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It was a joke. :monster:

It's just that a lot of new people do seem to only hang around for like a week. :closedmonster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Guys can you believe it's almost been a year since the Remake was announced? That's when I joined. :closedmonster:

As for why I stuck around, well, crazy loves company, right? :awesome: Or wait was it something else....? I just wanted to nerd out and ended up meeting awesome people at the same time. People who don't stick around are severely missing out.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Maybe we should advertise with the promise of n00dz, :awesome:

"The Lifestream: Join, donate, get n00dz"
"The Lifestream: One of those rare communities that isn't 99% neckbeards"

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I think what probably happens is people go 'oh I remember FFVII that was cool' and then they see this site and join and then probably the interest in FFVII fizzles out, they've probably read all the articles and stuff and then...well unless they're batshit like wot we is they don't stick around.

I don't really know what we could do about that, maybe things will change and we'll get fresh meat when the remake comes out.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
57ff235c56ed66cdbcaeae9692092db3.jpg

f6345e8ed6634cf3e929ab7465bfed86.jpg

5047a1938511566dc56482a2be2486af.jpg

And then there's Yop like:

f84599f9a92c93de579db4b5d2bd8e7d.jpg

Lex

Administrator
I think what probably happens is people go 'oh I remember FFVII that was cool' and then they see this site and join and then probably the interest in FFVII fizzles out, they've probably read all the articles and stuff and then...well unless they're batshit like wot we is they don't stick around.

I don't really know what we could do about that, maybe things will change and we'll get fresh meat when the remake comes out.

I'm in too deep now, I don't even really remember what kept me here after joining XD. It crept up on me. It must have been a mixture of "people who are as obsessed with this one game as I am" and then I made some online buddies. Also there's the whole generally relaxed/ respectful and somehow maturity thing that I don't see anywhere else.

Slowly this place just became my online home - I came from Qhimm, which is another VII-obsessed board, but the technical side. At some point I think I realised I was more interested in lore/story discussion than I was in how to edit the game's files, then before I knew it people were declaring old-style boards dead and hailing GAF and Reddit as the only gaming Shrines on the web. Yet we're still here, along with Qhimm and some of the still-standing general FF boards :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
tbh I still think our staying percentage is higher than other forums. People sign up for stuff all the time and then never come back. That's my take on it anyway :monster:

Also those Mukki scene memes need to go back to the middle age where they belong

(Okay the 'young man' one is a bit cute)

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
I think people don't stay for long mainly because it seems like we don't have a great deal of activity going on. That could be a symptom of the fact that Message Boards are just a thing of the past. It could also be a symptom of the site not posting news and updates on a regular basis. The forums have some activity going on but it's not huge. It's not enough to keep people wanting to stay around and converse UNLESS there is a hot topic going on.

I think those of us that have chosen to stick around and be regulars just love Final Fantasy a great deal. We love Final Fantasy VII. We've made good friends here through Skype chats, forum chats, podcasts, streams, etc.

Top Bottom