• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Has anyone else here not beat Lingering Will?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I'm just curious if I'm the only one who can't beat him... you know the legit way, not the cheese strat :awesome:

People say he's a really good boss and it's good design but I don't understand how a boss where if you get hit by one move of his combo reduces you to one HP every single time is a good boss design :huh: Granted I know he's supposed to be hard but I had seen videos and honestly never even WANTED to try to beat this guy. I've probably tried about 70 some odd times by now and I'm not even making headway... okay like a couple times I've made it to his desperation move, but that always destroys me.

I'm just curious if anyone else here has not beaten him... honestly I don't even wanna try anymore but I feel like I need to do something before 2.8 comes out :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have beaten him which was a surprise to me since i tend to suck at optional superbosses (which is why bbs final mix's have never been finished on my saves)

but that was on the original ps2 release and i don't remember what i did or if i could replicate it :sadpanda:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
i have beaten him which was a surprise to me since i tend to suck at optional superbosses (which is why bbs final mix's have never been finished on my saves)

Honestly I didn't find Mysterious Figure to be that bad... many people consider him harder than LW but... I dunno with the proper set up he's quite easy. 4 Thunder Surgers and 4 cures... then just spam dodge roll, use thunder surge and cure when you can :monster:

but that was on the original ps2 release and i don't remember what i did or if i could replicate it :sadpanda:

I would imagine you did that thing where you hit him a lot and his hit points go to 0 :awesome:

RedFFWolf

Donator
I've beaten him. Critical Mode, too - but I was at level 99, and pretty juiced up in the stats department.

Can't quite recall my strategy. Spent a lot of the time just dodging attacks, and may have used Donald's Comet limit break more than once, for sure. But I wasn't as "cheap" as, say, this method - I mean, it's still legit, but not particularly fun :P

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
What is the cheese strat? The video posted above? Actually, I think I've seen this before :lol:

I don't do Critical runs, but I've beaten him on proud since PS2. Just need to beef myself up a bit, get the pattern down, heal when I eff up, and use Final Form for a bit of extra fun/emergency heal.

His ending phase is a bitch though, since he doesn't calm down. Rage awakened, indeed.

Top Bottom