• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

2017 Summer Community Playthrough - Nominations

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Okay guys well as you all know for our Winter Playthrough it came down to a tie between FFX and FF: Tactics and a tiebreaker round which ended in a tie forced me to draw the black card and I had to flip a coin. (Bonus points if you caught the Always Sunny reference). Tactics won the coin toss by yours truly and witnessed by Carlie at KupoCon. Forcestealer guided us through the game many of us were noobs to it and it turned out to be a great run!

And now the time has come for us to decide the summer game. We are going to do nominations first and then voting, and I will give us 10 days for each round, this leaves us a little wiggle room if we need a tiebreaker. The goal is to have our game picked out by the end of June so we can begin the playthrough in the middle of July.

Why the middle? Well that's because if Final Fantasy XII wins - Zodiac Age should be out by then. Also I'll need to rely on somebody else again to run this should FFXII win, and I'm just going to guess that Fangu can assist with that, at least in putting the chapters together. :monster:

So I'll begin by nominating a few titles:

Final Fantasy XII - (for the aforementioned reason).
Final Fantasy X - (Because it almost won last time).

Remember, this is a nomination round, you do not need to nominate an entry that has already been nominated. These are not nomvotes: there will be a voting round.

Schedule

1. Nomination Round Ends: 06/09/17
2. Voting Round Ends: 06/20/17
3. Tiebreaker Round (if needed) Ends: 06/30/17
4. Playthrough Begins: 07/15/17
5. Playthrough Ends: Sometime in August-September depending upon the game.

Get to nomming! :thor:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
FFXIV Stormblood will be out by then; it's not really the best in terms of story and shit (*hides*), but hey, it'll be new too. Wouldn't do a full playthrough, that takes what, 2-3 months if you have a lot of time to waste? It's also a game that can be played in groups.

I think XII Zodiac is automagically nominated :monster:

Also Factorio beacause it should be possible to buzz through that within a few dozen hours (to the 'endgame') if you play with a group together. Lots of cooperation and planning and shit required. But, no FF game :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
To add a non-ff game to the mix (since my choices are there already) I'm nominating NieR because it's a cult classic.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
FFX and XII, natch.

Chrono Cross and Xenosaga Episode 1 will always get my vote :P

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
XCOM would be interesting. I wonder how the paramilitary TLS members would fare against alien incursions :oscar:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I pretty much just wanna play FFXII or X, but uh... I'll nominate Chrono Trigger too, because it sounds fun to play again and oldies ftw :awesome:

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I'm going to nominate The Last of Us... mostly just because it's on my to-play list.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Current Nominations:

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII / Zodiac Age
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

Non-FF Noms:

Factorio
NieR
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Xenosaga Episode 1: Der Wille Zur Macht
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
The Last of Us
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Are there any last minute nominations?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Cory_in_the_House_Nintendo_DS_Box_Art.jpg

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Nominating Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch because I've started it three times, enjoyed it every time, but still haven't gotten more than a few hours in for various reasons. With Ni No Kuni II in the works it's about time I got around to it.

But we all know FFXII is winning this. :P

Top Bottom