Kingdom Hearts III

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/kingdom-hearts-fan-questions-answered-10832218

Another new interview with Nomura. One interesting tidbit of info is apparently they are still deliberating on whether they should include Sephiroth again as a secret boss, as they are worried they might be redundant. If they do include him, I wonder if they'd use assets from the FFVII Remake since both are being developed in the Unreal Engine 4.

IMHO it is kind of redundant now. They should pic someone else.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
IMHO it is kind of redundant now. They should pic someone else.

Eh, I kinda feel like it's a series staple in a certain sense by now. I think a lot of fans enjoy/expect him to feature in the main numbered entries. Also there's that unresolved cliffhanger of what he had to with Zack's disappearance in Birth by Sleep.

Anyways if they were to replace him and/or add a different uber-boss (and it couldn't be Darth Vader and/or an iconic Marvel villain) who would you want it to be?

EDIT: I could maybe see a staple FF summon as a boss fight maybe, like imagine fighting Bahamut as a secret boss. It would be especially epic if it was the same scale as FFXIV's Primal Bahamut.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I hope they keep Sephiroth, but I'd be cool with Bahamut. From what I remember, Bahamut was planned as a summon way back in KH1, so it would be interesting to see what kind of design they come up with for him.

My number one pick would be Xanatos in his Steel Clan armor, though. I've wanted a Gargoyles world for years, so don't hold this against me :P

I just don't want another Julius.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
From the sound of things in that interview, we may not even be seeing the other FF characters this time ...? I'll be a little annoyed if that's how it plays out.

I don't so much mind Sephiroth not being a super boss this time, but if Cloud's subplot -- and the Zack cliffhanger -- are left unaddressed and unresolved, I will certainly be annoyed. Seph can still be in the game without necessarily being the most difficult (or second to that) boss.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I think were still liable to get the previously utilized SE characters in KH3 (likely the Radiant Garden characters primarily). I think Nomura was more referring to that any new additional FF and/or other SE characters that hadn't appeared in the previous KH titles being added to KH3 wasn't high on the development team's priority of stuff to actively consider; not that zero (or significantly less) FF/SE characters wouldn't show up.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I don't so much mind Sephiroth not being a super boss this time, but if Cloud's subplot -- and the Zack cliffhanger -- are left unaddressed and unresolved, I will certainly be annoyed. Seph can still be in the game without necessarily being the most difficult (or second to that) boss.

This is where I stand right now. I don't need a fight, but I would like to know how things went down between him and Cloud.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
From the sound of things in that interview, we may not even be seeing the other FF characters this time ...? I'll be a little annoyed if that's how it plays out.

At this point FF characters (with Disney characters dangerously falling on the same boat) are so detached from the KH narrative and the series so trapped on its own orginal universe myths that their absence makes no different in the story, IMO they should be entirely removed at this point.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I don't care that they're separate from their original incarnations. It's the KH iterations whose stories I'm talking about wanting to see resolved here.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

This is where I stand right now. I don't need a fight, but I would like to know how things went down between him and Cloud.

Cloud died :awesomonster:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
So I've read the fully translated interviews with Famitsu and Dengeki Playstation on KHInsider.

First off, I think I saw a Famitsu summary posted here earlier that said there would be no further information until 2018. This seems to be a mistranslation. There will be "another small intermission" in news. In a separate statement, Nomura recommends that "up until the 2018 release there’s some idle time, so please fill that up by playing the HD remasters and Union Cross"
So... still plenty of opportunity to give more details within this year.

Some details also caught my interest in the Dengeki interview.

First, Twilight Town is visited early on, with some gameplay tutorials.
Secondly, Nomura explains that while he liked going to worlds twice in KH2, KH3 has a different flow.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
So I've read the fully translated interviews with Famitsu and Dengeki Playstation on KHInsider.

First off, I think I saw a Famitsu summary posted here earlier that said there would be no further information until 2018. This seems to be a mistranslation. There will be "another small intermission" in news. In a separate statement, Nomura recommends that "up until the 2018 release there’s some idle time, so please fill that up by playing the HD remasters and Union Cross"
So... still plenty of opportunity to give more details within this year.

Some details also caught my interest in the Dengeki interview.

First, Twilight Town is visited early on, with some gameplay tutorials.
Secondly, Nomura explains that while he liked going to worlds twice in KH2, KH3 has a different flow.

Now that we know that KH3 is coming out next year, I can relax a little. Plus, he doesn't have to worry so much(if they don't delay the game), I can keep myself busy with other things beside Union Cross; such as the reboot of the Pokemon anime with the 20th movie, and the Prologue of Cardcaptor Sakura; Clear Card Anime coming out in September.

And I have to agree with not visiting the worlds twice in KH3, because in KH2, the only world that was worth in revisiting was Agrabah due to Jafar. The others were just bland in their second visits. Radiant Garden though, the Sephiroth fight was worth it. Just hope Cloud returns.

As for the Twilight Town tutorial part, that's confusing.

Which leads me to believe these optains I have in mind.

1: In the tutorial, we play briefly as Kairi during the events of KH2(doubt it since she didn't get her Keyblade until The World That Never Was, but I wanna play as her! Please make that happen!)

2: Sora visits the world before he returned to the Mysterious Tower and after he left the Realm of Sleep,
thus this is the secret he didn't tell Donald and Goofy in the secret ending of 0.2

3: Sora got lost and ended up there in the beginning instead of
arriving at Olympus Coliseum.

4: Or four, the tutorial takes place in the very near future.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Or 5.: Twilight Town is one stop away from the train that's right outside Yen Sid's front door, so they'll be right there when the game starts anyway.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Option 5 doesn't make sense since
Sora, Donald and Goofy head over to the gummi ship to head over to Olympus Coliseum

Maybe 6: That's the first stop Riku and Mickey head over to.

It also reminds me; wonder who would voice Woody and Buzz and the other Toy Story characters since I doubt their original casts would be avaliable due to most of them working on voicing their roles for Toy Story 4 which comes out a year after KH3(if they don't delay the game, I mean).

And votes for Hayden to reprise her role as Kairi for KH3!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
During the "Kingdom Hearts 15th Anniversary Commemorative Campaign" Preview Night held at Square Enix Café Osaka on October 13, staff in charge of the development of Kingdom Hearts III, such as series director Tetsuya Nomura, executive producer Shinji Hashimoto, and co-director Tai Yasue, met with fans and answered questions, providing snippets of information regarding the upcoming title. During the event, Nomura introduced Mr Yamasaki as the person in charge of character models for Kingdom Hearts III, jokingly saying, "If you’re not satisfied with a character, please remember Mr Yamasaki!" Yamasaki reported the following: Quote Young Xehanort and Xemnas are still under development for Kingdom Hearts III, so their faces still need some adjustments. Since they're different from Kingdom Hearts II, the jaw is getting longer and the adjustments are laborious. A model for Xemnas was previously shown in the Kingdom Hearts III Orchestra trailer, and a model for Young Xehanort was show in the Toy Story trailer at D23 Expo 2017. From the statement above, it can be inferred that they may not have been the final models. Sora's height was also reported to be 160 cm - 3 cm shorter than Yamasaki himself. It is unclear whether this is Sora's original or current height; however, as Yamasaki had been commenting on models for Kingdom Hearts III, it is possible this is referring to the height of Sora in Kingdom Hearts III. Regarding other characters' heights, Yamasaki said: Quote I have a proper idea of them. It is undecided whether to announce it or not though. But based on it, we can create models. For Xehanort…I cannot say it but, who knows, maybe he’s over 180cm? Furthermore, when asked a question about whether he has been planning to create models for hooded characters such as the Master of Masters, Yamasaki responded: Quote Yes! I’ll make sure to do it! But [whether or not] to make them public depends on Mr Nomura. I’ve colored* in black the one I did. *He might have been referring to the black cloak that the Master of Masters is seen wearing in Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover. It was also reported that Riku's and Kairi's Kingdom Hearts III outfits are not quite done yet as they’re evolving everyday, and that they will have a hood. This statement may have been referring to the in-game models rather than the design, as Nomura had previously stated that Riku's outfit design had been completed. He had also commented that Riku's Kingdom Hearts III outfit was based on the one he's shown in in the Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] 3rd anniversary Key Art. In the illustration, Kairi is also seen wearing an outfit with a hood. Translations have been provided by KH13 translator Mio-chan. You can read more about the Kingdom Hearts 15th Anniversary Commemorative Campaign and view pictures of the Preview Night here. You can find pictures of the campaign's grand opening on October 14, 2017, here. The campaign will run at ARTNIA until December 14th, 2017, and at both Square Enix Café Osaka and Square Enix Café Tokyo until November 10, 2017. You can also keep in touch with the ongoing campaign on our @KH13com. Click here to view the article Read more: http://kh13.com/forum/topic/110281-kingdom-hearts-iii-developers-comment-on-xehanort-sora-riku-and-kairi-character-models-at-the-kingdom-hearts-15th-anniversary-commemorative-camp/#ixzz4vtnQ1jRf

With statements like these and two others...the planned release year for 2018 is false as far as I can see, meaning that the game will be delayed and we have to now NOT expect KH3 next year at all as this is a clue for pulling the rug under us again and might as well say 2019 is the definate year.

I knew the 2018 release year was too good to be true. *Sighs*.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Most of the writing is linked and is from KH13 site and forums, which they have links to the recent interviews with Nomura and the others in regards to KH3. Because of this, some fans are discouraged and believe that the game has no chances of coming out at all next year as they're(Square Enix) are still busy with the character designs, and they've got me convinced too as much as I still want to believe that KH3 is coming out next year.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Nothing there suggests that this is a reason for a delay. Do people just assume the project grinds to a halt just because the director instructs a few 3D modellers to adjust the character models more to his liking?

Also, the link needs fixing.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Nothing there suggests that this is a reason for a delay. Do people just assume the project grinds to a halt just because the director instructs a few 3D modellers to adjust the character models more to his liking?

Also, the link needs fixing.

Obviously some of them do. But you do have a good point. Sorry about that, guys.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
To elaborate on what Tets is saying, they don't need the character models to be in their final state to continue programming scenes with those characters. They'll just insert the modified models where the placeholders are.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Like I said, good point. Besides, I don't see nothing wrong with the models of Xemnas and Young Xehanort. Not pitch perfect, but not horrible either. Actually, it's extremely close to their models in the previous games, if you ask me.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Maybe he thought the faces were too long. On the other hand, there's no telling what's really going on in the company and it's staff and ect., because none of us work for Square Enix.

It'd be cool to explore the building in Japan, though. Too bad no one's allowed without permission.

Top Bottom