• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Report Bugs

Fangu

Great Old One
It was because the last post in a thread was by a certain someone with a slightly longer than usual user name :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I was trying to update plugins in Wordpress when I seemed to lose the connection: the update page was stuck for a long time and eventually timed out. As a result our front page is now stuck in maintenance mode. The solution is to delete the .maintenance file in /var/www/html but I don't have permission to do that because I'm not the owner of the file. Yop, I think you're the only person who can fix it.

Edit: nvm, Wordpress must have some sort of fallback mechanism built in because a few minutes after writing that, I was able to log in again and was given a message along the lines of "an automated update failed, please attempt the update again". I did and now it all seems to be working. :wacky:

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Maybe that particular plugin update got stuck in a loop and b0rked shit; check the discussion / support thing for it, see if there's any mention of it.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Argh! This isn't the first time I've timed out whilst typing out a TL;DR post and I've lost the whole post because I logged in again using the log in box in the middle of the screen and it takes me to the 'thank you for logging in' page, then doesn't redirect to anything but a whited out screen. Don't tell me I need Lazarus, I need this shit to stop annoying the fuck out of me without relying on third-party software.

Fangu

Great Old One
I just copy it all into Notepad before clicking the button :monster: If it's a long post I do that every now and again as I type as well in case the browser freezes :monster:

Ghost X

Try clicking the "remember me" thing, so you stay permanently logged in (unless for some reason you prefer not to be forever logged in). I used to have the time-out problem, but haven't done so in years, and I think it was simply due to that.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've never had the timeout thing and did do the remember me thing.

I believe that Discord autosaves posts / drafts, so that would be a thing too.

ARSEDNESS WHERE ARE YOU

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Ctrl+A, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V, poast.

Ensures any tl;dr is always backed up to one's clipboard before poasting for maximum cba & safety.

:monster:

(Or just use Lazarus).

:awesomonster:

X :neo:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Cheers folks, I don't stay logged in as I don't trust my ex. It's a bit frustrating as I can't usually gauge how long I've been inactive on one page for. You lot are missing some of my best thoughts with these problems, I tell thee!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Work on your keyboard accuracy an' shit :monster:. But I know what you mean.

I'd still like a direct braine-to-computer interface. On the other hand, that would probably not actually work, brain goes all places while fingers do only the end-result of that.

Fangu

Great Old One
I meant to report this earlier but forgot. The Hurricane Maria orange banner is making the last entries in the front page main menu unreadable. (It just jumps back up when scrolling.) This is on Chrome for Android (Sony Xperia Premium.)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Just got a 502 bad gateway error. Something about Ubuntu? I'm on my phone if that makes a difference. Only lasted a few seconds though.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I had the same problem. Seems to be working now, though. Let's hope this doesn't happen again straight away or anytime soon.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It turns out the server's hard drive was full; errors were caused by there being no space left to write a line in the log anymoar.

I should probably change how backups work so it's idk, directly uploaded to the backup server or something instead of stored first. It stores the four last backup files too, and they weigh in at almost 50GB apiece now.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Trivial really but switching between my phone and laptop, I'm finding forums aren't being marked as read which is a little annoying.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Probably not something we can fix, I do recall there being some configuration for how read / unread threads are handled, that can be tuned down to cause less server load, but IIRC it's already set to the most granual level.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
o rly? Can't see anything useful in the logs :/. Just a lot of spam from an err, opinionstage plugin?

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Microsoft Edge... doesn't seem to be happening anymore now for some reason.

Top Bottom