• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Square-Enix has no plans to remake Crisis Core at the moment (2017)

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'll be disappointed if they kick Crisis Core out of continuity with the remake--I've tended rather to expect them to insert evidence of Genesis and Angeal having existed that obviously wasn't there in the original. But you never know.

XD As far as the general knowledge of Before Crisis' existence goes, I personally became aware of it long after every other part of the franchise, and thought of it as 'the Turk game' for a couple of years after that.

I think I finally learned its name out of pure irritation when I looked up a plot synopsis, and determined that it made Tseng's timeline even more inscrutable than Aerith's claim that they'd known each other since they were children already had.

I don't see them kicking it out, but I don't see them going to any great lengths to acknowledge it either, since it does nothing for the plot at large besides the nibelhiem events, which are only only slightly touched upon in Crisis Core.

It really depends on if they explain the mechanisms of Cloud's memory alterations, something VII doesn't really explain all that well.

Best case scenario for all Compilation titles to survive is that the Remake will be similiar to the Pokemon: I Choose You movie; change in storyline with similiar beginnings and such.

Difference between the Pokemon I Choose you remake and FFVII Remake is that the latter will most likely keep the original game's ending.

I'd be devastated if they announce that the Compilation of FFVII is not canon which definately is, especially since it's done by Square Enix, and despite the mixups, it explains almost everything.

*Shugs* But then, what can I do when/if that happens in the near future(by near, I mean in the next few years).

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I wouldn't mind a solid HD port of this game.

Wouldn't mind a remake either, but an HD port sounds more reasonable, also got to imagine some of Crisis Core will find its way into the 7-Remake, likely through flash backs or something of the sort.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
No remake coming, but someone is making a HD revamp for PPSSPP:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18051.0

C8HZNzj.png
2F7G166.png

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
it's only 11yrs old...maybe on the 15-20yr anniversary it would make sense for a remaster, and maybe some new scenes or ones they deleted in production. but i don't see any reason to remake if it completely.

Why should there be a remake of Crisis Core in the first place? The graphics aren't even that bad.
exactly, S/E made quality to last through the times. they don't even need to remake either of the ACs for a very long time (if they even want to).

No remake coming, but someone is making a HD revamp for PPSSPP:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18051.0

C8HZNzj.png
2F7G166.png

awesome!!! that's better^^

Last edited:

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
honestly, playing the game now on emulator, if they want to add anything else to CC they should just add some DLC for an xyr anniversary. better mini games or something. oh and make mini missions fun because they are pretty redundant. before my brother deleted all the progress i had and i was in the last hour of the game (it was an accident), i must admit i had 2% progress finished on them all last i checked. i planned on finishing them all when i beat the game but i don't think i would have done it, they're too boring. maybe have a mission involving working with the turks? there doesn't need to be any plot additions, just parts of the game that had cons could be tweaked.

GokaiWhite

GokaiWhite
AKA
Hexafres
I would like a PS4 remaster collection of Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, and either a full remake of Before Crisis or it's cutscenes remastered and compiled together, like in the Kingdom Hearts HD Remixes.

Top Bottom