New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I can’t tell if it’s just the different angling of the ears or if it’s actually different, but Y’shtola’s ears in Dissidia seem a lot longer/narrower than how they are rendered in FFXIV?

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Here we have the western box art:
22496371_1893156067385810_513525704320061833_o.jpg

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer

Just that first scene is new, the rest is all older trailers and the FFX mobius event.

EDIT: Found an extended version that features Cloud:

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I wonder who the initial 6 Season Pass DLC characters are gonna be? If it’s just the remaining characters from Dissidia 012, it would consist of Gabranth, Tifa, Yuna, Gilgamesh, Laguna, and Prishe correct? (not counting Feral Chaos)

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
No Golbez yet, but Edea is making a return as a costume for Ultimecia.
CoD’s alts change the appearance of her tentacles this time.

Golbez has been revealed, along with his dragon.

There’s also an FFXI stage

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Golbez's Japanese voice actor sounds different... though, I'm not 100% sure.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I guess since they brought Golbez back and since Kain was only introduced in 012, not to mention was introduced in the Arcade version rather than Golbez, that means they'll-hopefully-bring back Tifa, Laguna, and Yuna.

I still hope for them to bring in Serah, Rinoa and Reno...but that'll most likely never happen.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I guess since they brought Golbez back and since Kain was only introduced in 012, not to mention was introduced in the Arcade version rather than Golbez, that means they'll-hopefully-bring back Tifa, Laguna, and Yuna.

I still hope for them to bring in Serah, Rinoa and Reno...but that'll most likely never happen.

Oh no doubt the Duodecim crew will return.

But we still have Gabranth and a Final Fantasy VIII/XV location to get to first.

So next month is PROBABLY gonna be a VII location and Gabby.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

But we still have Gabranth and a Final Fantasy VIII/XV location to get to first.

I thought November was the last new character reveal month-stream. If/when Gabranth gets added wouldn't it after launch when the 6 DLC characters start getting released?

Also the same guy on Twitter said that
Nomura said Gabranth is not currently planned for Dissidia FF Aracde/Nt. The director then said (more) FFXII/FFXIII characters are coming.
https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/927886317085646848
So maybe Vayne is getting in instead of (or perhaps before) Gabranth?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

I hope you're right about the Duodecim gang. Wonder if they'll add in villians from XI, XIV and Ardyn from XV?

But I thought the VII location was already settled and that's Midgar.

I thought November was the last new character reveal month-stream. If/when Gabranth gets added wouldn't it after launch when the 6 DLC characters start getting released?

Also the same guy on Twitter said that
Nomura said Gabranth is not currently planned for Dissidia FF Aracde/Nt. The director then said (more) FFXII/FFXIII characters are coming.
https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/927886317085646848
So maybe Vayne is getting in instead of (or perhaps before) Gabranth?

With Christmas just around the corner, you're probably right about this month being the last new character reveal. Not to mention that a month later after that(Christmas I mean) is the month when NT comes out on PS4, first in Japan on the 11th and the rest of the world on the 30th.

I think Vayne's more suited as Ashlia's enemy. Maybe they'll add her too?

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Does anyone know the defense options characters have in depth? Seems like it'd be hard if players gang up on you.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
https://amp.reddit.com/r/dissidia/comments/7c4p9b/square_enix_members_dissidia_final_fantasy_nt/

A neat interview back from the Tokyo Game Show that just got translated. Contains some interesting info, the reaffirmation if wanting to include all of the previous Dissidia characters first before adding new ones, and apparently Zack Fair has been heavily requested in both the Western and Japanese fandoms. Even Zack’s Japanese VA came up and requested (to the SE staff) that Zack get included in Dissidia.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Does anyone know the defense options characters have in depth? Seems like it'd be hard if players gang up on you.

The block is a circular shield ala Smash Bros rather than the frontal one from the other games. It is hard if you get ganged up on; that's what the rest of the team is for.

Some characters have good crowd control moves. Y'shola's Holy, for instance.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
https://amp.reddit.com/r/dissidia/comments/7c4p9b/square_enix_members_dissidia_final_fantasy_nt/

A neat interview back from the Tokyo Game Show that just got translated. Contains some interesting info, the reaffirmation if wanting to include all of the previous Dissidia characters first before adding new ones, and apparently Zack Fair has been heavily requested in both the Western and Japanese fandoms. Even Zack’s Japanese VA came up and requested (to the SE staff) that Zack get included in Dissidia.

They've pretty much just confirmed that he's coming, and fully confirmed that the 012 cast take priority over new ones. So they must be the season pass 6 -Gilgamesh, Tifa, Laguna, Yuna, Prishe - but who is the last one? If Gabranth and Feral Chaos aren't coming back, who will it be?

Here's an image of Edea too:
https://www.famitsu.com/matome/dff/images/000/145/602/5a01cb426b201.html

I hope it's true that Zack's coming and I also deeply want Rick Gomez to reprise his role as Zack's voice in the English Dub of the game!

Top Bottom