Jirard 'The Completionist' will be removing his first 120 episodes!

Due to complications with- and a request from his former sidekick Greg, Jirard will be removing all the videos that featured Greg. The videos will go down on September 1.

Up until then, Jirard encourages anyone who is interested to download the videos while they are still online. Feel free to share this old content once they are gone from the official channel, just don't upload them to YouTube in an unedited form.

I create this topic so that anyone who is even a passing fan of Jirard and his work will have a chance to preserve the videos. I use this page to download YouTube videos.

The Completionist will be streaming replays of the games that are featured in the soon-to-be-removed content and create new videos from these replays. A "The Completionist Redone", if you will.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Ugh this is a big reason I don't work with other people on youtube stuff. Thats such a cunty thing for Greg to demand.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Depends. YouTube pays by minutes-watched now, so long videos make a lot more than they did when Greg shot them. If my ex-best friend was suddenly making triple profit off of my jokes, I might do the same thing. I'd probably ask for a cut first, but it sounds like their business relationship was ash in the wind.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's not a bad idea that, if you set up something like that, you have whoever collaborates with you sign a thing saying they transfer all rights over to you, and make an agreement on distribution of funds, etc.

Note that for TLS I've set it up at the start so that if someone wants their shit removed from the front page for whatever reason, we'll comply beacause heck it, it's your shit, we didn't pay for it, etc. It's also why I'm hesitant to make money off of TLS, beacause I haven't done any content and distributing funds would be a pain.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Note that for TLS I've set it up at the start so that if someone wants their shit removed from the front page for whatever reason, we'll comply beacause heck it, it's your shit, we didn't pay for it, etc. It's also why I'm hesitant to make money off of TLS, beacause I haven't done any content and distributing funds would be a pain.
Except that for the past half-year or so I've been sending this to our new contributors (this shouldn't come as a surprise, we've discussed it in the staff forum):
By publishing on The Lifestream you agree to grant us a perpetual non-exclusive license to your work. You waive your right to withdraw your work after publication but maintain the right to remove your name from it at any time. You retain full ownership and copyright of your work.
I'd like to get everyone to agree to this retroactively but it's gonna be tricky.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
My D&D group has been talking about editing/distributing our audio recordings as a podcast for years (I record every session and take very.... very detailed notes) but ESPECIALLY among friends I think it's super important to have a litigator there from the beginning if anyone could potentially profit.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
My D&D group has been talking about editing/distributing our audio recordings as a podcast for years (I record every session and take very.... very detailed notes) but ESPECIALLY among friends I think it's super important to have a litigator there from the beginning if anyone could potentially profit.

We have 8 sessions of this on YT which we are updating as we speak and tons more beside which we've recorded but not distributed yet. We don't really have a profit system in place for in because nobody knows us lol.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
does this mean i can start demanding ransom money for contributions

Sure, we make about -€35 a month on ad revenue minus server costs so, :awesome:
a negative number plus a negative number (aka my bank balance) is a positive number in the end

so mathematically i could still profit from this

wait am i remembering this right

no wonder i'm poor

Negative MINUS Negative is a positive.

-3 - -5 = 2
-3 + -5 = -8

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh lord I've got late-elementary-school flashbacks now.

oGYbJ.gif

With the over 100 episodes removed from the official channel, the easiest way for you to watch them now is via the Internet Archive. =)

One video that I am especially sad to see go and that doesn't seem to be in the archive is "Why We Love Games - Stories Through Gaming - DKC 2 - An Origin Story of The Completionist". If anybody wants the episode, send me a PM.

Last edited:
I went ahead and uploaded "Why We Love Games - Stories Through Gaming - DKC 2 - An Origin Story of The Completionist" to the Internet Archive. My very first upload on there!

There are currently five entries in the "Why We Love Games" series on That One Video Gamer, though technically only four since the top video is set to private. The private video is "Why We Love Games - Ace Combat 5 ft. Jesse Cox" and it was uploaded on February 10, 2015.

With the deleted video, "An Origin Story of The Completionist" having originally been uploaded on July 2, 2013, there is a huge gap between this and the video featuring Jesse Cox in 2015. I suspect many more entries in this video series have been lost as they didn't belong to the numbered Completionist episodes. They are at the very least not on the Internet Archive (yet). I only downloaded the one video from the "Why We Love Games" series.

Top Bottom