• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Dragon Ball FighterZ

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
While I'm not great at 2D fighters, this game looks fucking amazing. Their use of cut scenes, background destructions, and just mixing everything together is SO good.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It also looks like the exact sort of thing that people who love fighting games are really stoked about. Maximilian Dood is one of my favourite folks on YouTube, and I love how much he knows the about these games and the fighting game community, and he was stoked as HELL when it was shown off, and should be playing it some today, and I'm looking forward to what he has ta say about it after playing it, since he had a good recap of it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
He got some time on the game yesterday and put up a couple videos of it. It's looking REALLY straightforward and accessible, as well as having a solid gameplay that's got basically everyone in his comments excited for it. It'll be neat to see where this lands on the competitive scene.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Now he's got a proper video up about it. It sounds great, and really like I might give it a try despite these types of games not really being my forte.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I dig it and I want it, like, in my pants. I've tried Xenoverse but it's just not It. 2D fighting game is what it's supposed to be IMO.

Actually I played a 2D fighting game waaaay back when, I think it was fanmade and botched together / imbalanced as heck because some characters had just over 9000 times more moves than others.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Also, the EVO announcement also mentions that on July 26th, you'll be able to play with NINE characters (Trunks, +2 unannounced) so it'll be exciting to see who they end up being. I'd place bets on Piccolo being one of them. (You can hear the announcement in Max's footage of the event where he's too excited by his most anticipated character reveal to do proper math).

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-krillin-piccolo
DFBVm8MUIAAPZRb.jpg:large
Translation said:
Piccolo

Power: 3
Speed: 2
Reach: 4
Technique: 4
Energy: 3

Piccolo has technical skills such as extending his arms to grasp his opponent and charge techniques. He has a variety of methods to break the opponent’s guard. He can fire beams at super high speeds. By long-pressing the button, he can charge up for a stronger attack. He also has a technique that fires a Ki blast to deal great damage. When connecting from a combo, it will deal even greater damage.
Translation said:
Krillin

Power: 2
Speed: 3
Reach: 1
Technique: 4
Energy: 4

Krillin has low power and reach, but can use a variety of techniques. He can even use Kamehameha, meaning fighting from a distance should not be a problem. He can use skills to confuse the enemy such as the “Afterimage Technique,” which leaves behind an image of Krillin before turning into an attack. He can also use “Destructo Disc,” which is impossible to guard against. After firing Ki blasts, Krillin can alter their trajectory and have them explode in the sky to shoot out multiple Ki blasts.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
That seems to be the sentiment of a chunk of the fighting game community as well. xD

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
;I'm glad some of the FGC fears of the game are starting to reel back a bit. There was a bit where a lot of people who were only doing basic revolver combos were afraid the game was to easy. Ofcourse they weren't labbing it up and just settling for doing your classic 123 launch etc. freebie combos.

Now videos are surfacing of Guilty Gear veterans showing up with a few hours of tech from the lab and it's looking good. The game is gonna be deep, people said MvC2 and 3 were shallow at first , and well if you know your FGC you know those people were laughed at for years on end lol.

The vegeta, into Frieza , back into Vegeta set up at like 35 seconds and onward is fucking dirty lol.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Really pleased to hear Max's breakdown overall on the closed Beta. He's got a really good perspective on this stuff, and it's exciting to hear that the game possibilities feel even better than he anticipated and some of the other stuff will hopefully get cleared up as development continues.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Max's been posting a LOT of the Beta stuff, and it's all worth watching. This is the latest one.

Top Bottom