Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Man I am digging this new lore stuff, Tres, thanks so much for posting that <3 It's just so good!

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Both translations detailing the War of the Astrals give me Greek mythology vibes, the story of Prometheus especially sticking out in my mind when they talk about Ifrit.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'll feel more complete about my feelings once Noctis is in my hands in Dissidia NT.

In the old days I considered "Versus" to be this idea of two protagonists, Lightning and Noct, competing over their objectives with Noct as an Anti-Hero of sorts.

Now the imagery I get feels a far cry different from what I was hoping for.

If "The Godfather" movie trilogy was a fantasy RPG based on "Romeo and Juliet" and I could hijack robots and smash soldiers' heads in to car windshields like older trailers suggested, I would be more fulfilled than I currently am.

For most, yeah, it's FF, but it was never the FF I wanted.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
This is exactly the reason that I am incredibly glad that I had absolutely zero preconceptions about what the game was meant to or going to be before playing it. I went into the experience almost totally blind.

Also, it also maybe somehow helped that I haven't even partially played a FF game outside of a demo since FFX.

X :neo:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Also, it also maybe somehow helped that I haven't even partially played a FF game outside of a demo since FFX.

Oh don't worry, weez gon' remedy that around Christmas time. :wacky:

EDIT:

And WOW, I wouldn't have known this because I haven't replayed the game yet, but apparently you get this option when Chapter 13 is in full swing:

DLGPDl7W4AEeMP-.jpg:large

Last edited:

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
Finally booted the game back up last night. Apparently I didn&#8217;t even finish the main storyline, I&#8217;m only on chapter 9 lol

Forgot how much I love this game, put a solid 6 hours on it last night just dickin around with side quests. The cup noodle head for Noct is a welcome addition imo :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
If you choose to go with Gladio though, you won't be able to use your own gear and items for some reason.

(It's because it technically exists as a standalone 13.2 chapter, rather than an integrated part of the main game, just like Episode Gladio & Episode Prompto).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Usually when your guys get lost, they eventually respawn when you get far enough away. The only glitch I ran into the Crestholm was that Gladio turned totally invisible.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Not really sure what's come over me, but I've been playing a LOT of XV lately. Wandering around, doing side stuff I ignored before, beat the Melusine (Actually an alright sidequest).

Now, I'm not the biggest appreciator of FFXV as it exists now, but I can't deny that there is some draw to it for me. It's probably some emotional ransom for the 10 years on my part, but the game definitely has charm, too.

Whenever I start a fresh playthrough in the future, there is a good chance I might have a more positive impression than I had by the end the first time.
...Or I'll be just as frustrated, who knows. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Not that this article didn't have a good interview (it was a really good one; I love how frank and "non-Japanese" Tabata gets in these things), but man, it was pretty sloppy.

First paragraph:

It's coming up to a year since Final Fantasy 15 released, but it's not as if work has stopped on Square Enix's epic RPG. Updates keep rolling out, a PC version is in the works - as well as a Switch version, which is still in the very early planning stages - while we're still a chapter away from seeing the expansions, each centred around a member of the game's main cast, being released.

The first bolded portion is plainly inaccurate, and it's only been three weeks since Tabata was unequivocal about there being no Switch version in development.

That second bolded portion is probably just worded awkwardly but seems to suggest "Episode Gladiolus" and "Episode Prompto" haven't been released already.

And then there's that portion of the interview where EuroGamer discussed the FFXV logo as it's depicted at the very end of the game ... only for the article to include FFXIII's logo there instead.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I finally finished Assassins Cree-er FFXV DLC.

It wasn't bad, but it was buggy.

Magitek Soldier dropped in on me in an alley then disappeared, lol

Plenty of Spotted/Hidden/Spotted alert games in it, ugh.

I had 3 guards chasing me at once at one point.

I'm glad this isn't Metal Gear.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
As a Metal Gear fan, it was certainly frustrating. I could barely even escape most of the time.

Anywho, I got the Platinum trophy last night (I think my first) and clocked 100 hours. Not sure why. In fairness, it is an easy Plat. I didn't even notice how close I was until I saw there were only the fishing and cooking skill trophies to go.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
New release date confirmed as Nov 7. The MP will cost 19.99$. PS+ and XBgold is only requiered for online play, the MP story can be played without it. Recipehs will carry to the main game.

recently confirmed via Twitch streaming.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
At least the DLC isn't delayed by two months like the actual game was last year.

Other than the few fix ups I assume is the reason why this got delayed, for the other reason though I could be wrong, the 31st of this month is Halloween and people would be too busy doing usual Halloween things like Trick or Treating, going to Halloween parties, telling ghost stories, watching halloween specials and/or movies, the usual things like that.

Top Bottom