• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

How would you re-write AC/C?

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
imho I would cut back on a LOT of what happened in the film itself, and instead devote more time to the On the Way to a Smile content. I feel like the novellas are the real meat of the story, yet they are delegated to short stories that not everyone even knows exist or even has access to. I want to see what each member of the cast goes through during that time period.

Moreover, I want to see the entirety of Cloud's struggle, going from optimistic that his new life would be happy now that the day has been saved all the way to succumbing to his PTSD and how he works to overcome that. I think what we are given of Cloud in Case of Tifa was pretty great. I want a movie that centers around that.

I'm not sure if I would keep Geostigma or not. Maybe, it doesn't really bother me. However, I might make some changes to how it works and what causes it. It never seemed to really jive with me.

I would definitely keep Denzel, though. I actually really appreciated the fact that he was a kid who lived above the plate. The OG put so much emphasis on the slums that Denzel's origins serve as a nice juxtaposition.

I couldn't agree more with all of this.

I have listened to the "On The Way To A Smile" audiobooks way more than I have watched AC. Mainly because I love the character development of the characters I grew to love. AC has very little character development. OTWTAS has a lot more storyline and depth to it. It explains the world we explored in the original game. AC was just a lot of flashy fan service.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Really, if Advent Children were made today, it would (as it should have been) have been made as a miniseries. But I can understand why they did what they did: The cost of making a CGI movie like that would have been far higher. AC was clearly never meant to get as big as it was, and the thing spiraled out of the scope of what a single 90 minute feature could handle.

But as others said, yeah, I'd have gone for getting On the Way To a Smile done as a mini-series first, with the final episode being a much shorter version of AC.

Heck, I could see them doing that now anyways.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this something that has been discussed...but how would you re-write Advent Children/Complete? You have all the same additions to work with ie.,Kadaj and the brothers, Denzel, Sephiroth's return...How would you rearrange them? Just curious to see what some ideas could be.

I'd have turned it more into a journey again. Perhaps that's hard with an airship now but part of the charm of the game was traveling across the world.

I'd have used AC to answer some of the questions left after the game. Perhaps developed the Cloud Tifa relationship more. I also felt like the other main characters didn't get much of a nod.

It would have helped if they had released ACC to start with rather than this unfinished version. So many people I knew didn't like the film because it made no sense. No wonder the film didn't do too well. Several years later they release ACC aaaaaand the same people loved it.

Reactions: Ite

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
sorry y'all digging this thread up from the grave

Rather than make an entire thread about this, I wanted to plant this question in a thread that was relevant enough...

I'm sure someone's already addressed this, I haven't read through the entire thing but like

Why the fuck didn't Tifa and the rest of them help out Cloud at the end of AC? Vincent mumbles something about Cloud being able to handle it himself and it's like...
550532857257263114.gif

Why was that his call to make? How would they all have felt had Cloud died that day lmao?

'oh shit, maybe we should've helped out like we definitely did the last time sephiroth reared his stupid face.'

Yo, if I were Cloud, I would be feeling some type of way. I'm fighting this dude, right? And the airship swoops down and I'm thinking, "Haha, you're gonna get it now, here comes the crew.'' except the crew never leaps out.

"What? Excuse me? Where the fuck are my friends? What are they waiting for?"

And like imagine glancing back at them for a minute, right, looking at what the hold up is. And they're all just pressed against the airship window like.

believe.png

like um I would have this even more if you helped me what please help????????????????

441749424214114306.png

I would rewrite AC/C where they would, erm, kick Sephiroth's ass together smh.

Last edited:
It's a convoluted way by the writers to make sure that Cloud and Sephiroth are alone later for that epic one-on-one duel.

My headcanon is that the storms and dark lifestream summoned by Sephiroth made it impossible for the team to approach and aid Cloud at any point during the actual fight against Sephiroth. This doesn't help much though since there is plenty of time before Sephiroth summons the storm for Tifa and the others to help Cloud.

An argument could be made of course that perhaps the team is overconfident in Cloud's fighting abilities. They might rationalize "okay this dude has been feeling down lately but if we let him win this fight all on his own, doing all that sword stuff he does best, maybe he'll feel better". This would supposedly be why Tifa brings up the fact that it took until now for Cloud to find the strength that he had two years prior.

So in the end the only way to rationalize the scene is to admit that the main characters aren't acting fully rational.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I would have definitely made it more of an Avengers-style ensemble movie (I mean, Avengers didn't exist then but...)

More teamwork, more banter.
Have some scenes where the gang just gets to hang out and reconnect at the beginning or something. Which serves the double purpose of allowing the audience to reconnect with those characters as well, finding out what they have been up to (without having to read a novella =P).

The banter on the Shera in AC is one of my favorite bits just because you get some of that team dynamic and chemistry that the movie was sorely lacking.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^Same. I love this framily so much it hurts.

Also, Shademp, right I reckon it was an excuse to get Sephiroth and Cloud alone. Feels bad that they had to have them out-of-character to justify it. Lmfao at the moment Cloud blows up and they're like

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

as if only just realising how stupid it was to leave him alone in the first place smh.

And then the ending. Imagine waking up after ALL of that bullshit and you see AVALANCHE just standing there smilin' and shit like

capital.png

Excuse me? I would not be happy to see them.

"Thanks for a whooooole lot of nothing, you jerks."

Alternatively, I would write a parody version of AC(C) where Cloud is furious at being abandoned and they have a big fight in front of the kids and all the other randies at the church who watch on looking like

tenor.gif

And Vincent continues mumbling some bullshit handling things before he turns away all sheepishly and looks for another coffin to lock himself in bc shame.

Yo, this would make for a spicy youtube video, don't you think? aaayyeee

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I would rewrite Barret out of that actual fishing net he’s wearing. And then I would eliminate that weird dilly dally line that I still to this day do not understand the meaning of. Then I would eliminate all the black pleather. And then I would just set the script on fire. Then I would throw it in the toilet and I wouldn’t flush it before taking a huge steaming doookie right on top of it.

:closedmonster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
An argument could be made of course that perhaps the team is overconfident in Cloud's fighting abilities. They might rationalize "okay this dude has been feeling down lately but if we let him win this fight all on his own, doing all that sword stuff he does best, maybe he'll feel better". This would supposedly be why Tifa brings up the fact that it took until now for Cloud to find the strength that he had two years prior.

"An argument could be made"? That's literally the reason. =P

I mean, Cloud smiles when they back off to leave Kadaj to him.

Granted, he totally needed help during the fight with Sephiroth afterwards, but your headcanon about the dark clouds separating them (possibly grounding the airship?) is sufficient for that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, I've said before that maybe it would have been better for her to say "Dragging, dragging, always dragging." It would still be awkward and anime as hell, but it fits the syllables and probably would have gotten less negative attention.

And as for Cloud's fight, I thought exactly what Tres and Shad said. They DID have confidence that Cloud could handle Kadaj, Cloud smirks when he hears them leave. And he does very easily handle Kadaj. Once Sephiroth shows up, yes, THEN he needed help, but yeah, black Lifestream kept them away or some shizz.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Hey, remember in Advent Children when Cloud, riding in on his motorcycle, threw one of his blades towards Denzel and it sliced up all the enemies around him like a boomerang whilst conveniently leaving Denzel unscathed? That was some bullshit.

I'd rewrite the films to have like five more scenes just like that. Cracks me up each time.

EDIT:

HOLY SHIT CLOUD CAUGHT THE BOOMERANGING SWORD BY THE HILT WHILST STILL RIDING ON HIS MOTORCYCLE LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOW DID I NOT NOTICE BEFORE.

BRUH this was marketed as an action comedy right??

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
y'all really about to have me out here being one of those people who take screenshots and scribble red circles on them, goddammit lmfaooo

I assumed so because I was following the red handle he threw out

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

am i seeing this wrong?? do i need to actually buy advent children and watch this go down in 1080p.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm not exactly sure I can follow what you're highlighting here? First you see him open the central blade mechanism so he can fling out the second sword (
Final-Fantasy-VII-Cosplay-Cloud-Strife-Fusion-Swords-2nd-Part.jpg_640x640.jpg
), which boomerangs around Denzel, while using the main blade to cut through the building debris and get to Tifa, then catches the second sword back into the fused sword.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
1559312766672.gifLike I'm struggling to physically see what you're seeing, for some reason it isn't clicking atm, but I'll take your word for it famalam. still looks awesomely campy lmao.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh, I think I see our disconnect here. Cloud separates the swords but throws both, then catches the main one to get to Tifa, then catches the other one by fusing it back in. I don't think I ever realized that he threw both swords.

Top Bottom