FFVII Continuation?

chasesummers

chasesummers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last thing that happened in the FFVII storyline was Dirge of Cerberus. On it's trailer it said something about being the last chapter of the tale, I remember being quite upset :shifty:

With Final Fantasy VII's remake on the way, do you think Square will release another spin-off?
If so, what would you want it to be? I know I would like some Tifa action :desucait:

What I really hope they'll do is import Crisis Core, Before Crisis and Dirge of Cerberus, similar to what they did with Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 which are also from Square.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last thing that happened in the FFVII storyline was Dirge of Cerberus. On it's trailer it said something about being the last chapter of the tale, I remember being quite upset.

Yeah and then they had the secret ending which they left hanging and probably forgot about it until now...there were informtion on the Compilation on the Remake article if I remember correctly.

With Final Fantasy VII's remake on the way, do you think Square will release another spin-off?
If so, what would you want it to be? I know I would like some Tifa action.

As much as I fully agree that there should be one more title to the Compilation, it's very unlikely that they'll continue the Compilation now, considering how it'll end in two years time and with the Remake in development, the Remake is most likely the last FFVII title to be made.

What I really hope they'll do is import Crisis Core, Before Crisis and Dirge of Cerberus, similar to what they did with Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 which are also from Square.

I was hoping that they would've done that too and/or remake Before Crisis, but sadly, those are not happening either. Sorry to crush your hopes.

chasesummers

chasesummers
[/QUOTE]
I was hoping that they would've done that too and/or remake Before Crisis, but sadly, those are not happening either. Sorry to crush your hopes.[/QUOTE]

I do feel positive about a Crisis Core import because the damn game is just too good to be wasted on a portable console, it's also the most successful FFVII spin-off game.

With Kingdom Hearts (although I don't follow the series no more), they did these HD releases before the new Kingdom Hearts comes out. I won't bet on a Before Crisis remake because the original remake is on the way and that's a big deal already. What I meant was, a small retelling of the Before Crisis story, similar to what they did with Kingdom Hearts. You had 3 stories in one game, 2 of which are playable and the other you just see.

Square will probably keep the mini-games coming out like G-bike, keep the FFVII alive through Dissidia along with other FF, but if the remake is as good as it looks and lives to it's original roots (which it 95% won't), they'll know they can expand the universe, meaning.. more money.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I was hoping that they would've done that too and/or remake Before Crisis, but sadly, those are not happening either. Sorry to crush your hopes.[/QUOTE]

I do feel positive about a Crisis Core import because the damn game is just too good to be wasted on a portable console, it's also the most successful FFVII spin-off game.

With Kingdom Hearts (although I don't follow the series no more), they did these HD releases before the new Kingdom Hearts comes out. I won't bet on a Before Crisis remake because the original remake is on the way and that's a big deal already. What I meant was, a small retelling of the Before Crisis story, similar to what they did with Kingdom Hearts. You had 3 stories in one game, 2 of which are playable and the other you just see.

Square will probably keep the mini-games coming out like G-bike, keep the FFVII alive through Dissidia along with other FF, but if the remake is as good as it looks and lives to it's original roots (which it 95% won't), they'll know they can expand the universe, meaning.. more money.[/QUOTE]

I once had the same idea on the series being similiar to the HD ReMixes of Kingdom Hearts, but to Nomura and the team, they probably think it's a waste of time now, especially since they liked to redo KH Coded twice and not borther on Before Crisis anymore, as much as I want them to.

Not to sure on G-Bike though, and even if the Remake is(and probably will be) much better than FFXV, I don't think they'll continue the Compilation.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I guess we'll just have to see what happens

Yeah. We'll be waiting for probably another decade for Final Fantasy VII Remake, knowing Nomura, and in the end, I think they'll switch him into being a producer again while having...whatever his name is back as director like in the original game.

At least we only have one more year to wait until Final Fantasy XV is released, because Tabata says that the game won't come out in 2017, but before that year, meaning that it'll come out next year in 2016, as he also stated that the game isn't coming out this year.

Top Bottom