• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

R32: Melodies of Life vs. A Fleeting Dream

Which of these songs do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Announcement: JasonTandro (Santa Christ), Kuroto and Lex joined me for a final 32 preview - take a listen!

vs.

Pick your favourite!

Note: the video above plays the Final Fantasy VII version of the Prelude but you may base your vote on whichever version you like best.

This poll will be open for two days, and the winner will make it through to the round of 16. The complete final 32 bracket can be found here.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Ghost X

The vocal songs in FF generally do absolutely nothing for me :P. I prefer the versions without any singing. A Fleeting Dream wins by default in that regard.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Another lost cause for me. I find A Fleeting Dream to be positively beautiful and Melodies of Life to be extremely overrated. But I know the latter'll win in a landslide.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'm listening to Melodies of Life right now, and totally not getting an ounce of any hype that this song is supposed to have.

34zhu6e.gif

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
A Fleeting Dream is nice background music for Zanarkand - I particularly like how it plays in battle - but when I listen to it on its own, I actually find it a bit dull. Memories of Life is far from my favourite song either, so this is one of the weakest R32 (round of 32) matchups, in my opinion. I'll vote for the latter because it has some emotional, bittersweet moments and ends with the Final Fantasy theme.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'm half tempted to break out a few dupe accounts just to push Fleeting Dream through. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'll call myself.... Password. The Anti-Username.

Just don't forget me.

tumblr_m5ymcfxqoO1rriqg9.gif

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Not that it matters now I suppose, but I've been agonizing over this vote since it's been posted. I guess I'm the weird one that loves both these songs a lot. :wacky: I never knew Melodies of Life was 'hyped', but I've personally always liked it, especially the words.
However, A Fleeting Dream is an absolutely gorgeous song that I can listen to over and over.
Won't make a difference now, but I'm voting for Melodies of Life. Nostalgia plays a part, and A Fleeting Dream won't make it, I already know that. :monster:

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
This was difficult but I voted for Melodies of Life, because it is the only song with lyrics that is left in the competition and it is also a sonf that I nominated. And it's really pretty too.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I love the idea of "Password" being the anti-Username.

Anyway, Memories of Light... - sorry, wishful thinking - Melodies of Life is through to the last 16.

Top Bottom