R32: Not Alone vs. Jenova Complete

Which of these songs do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer

vs.

Pick your favourite!

This poll will be open for two days, and the winner will make it through to the round of 16. The complete final 32 bracket can be found here.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

RedFFWolf

Donator
You're Not Alone is in a different league. Not so much against Jenova Complete in this particular case, but as a standalone piece in general I find little that compares to what it is in an overall sense (what it stands for, how it is presented, what it accomplishes etc.)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This is the inverse of the Great Warrior/Vamo Alla Flamenco match. The fun song going against the emotional one. Again, the emotional one is probably going to have to get it, but damn I hate leaving out the fun ones...

Jenova Absolute remains a pretty underrated battle theme, and one I seriously wish Distant Worlds would cover.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
This turned out to be surpisingly lonely hilltop for me to die on, but I love Jenova Complete.

Ghost X

Listening to them both, I can't bring myself to go for Not Alone. Jenova Complete it is, though neither is a particularly strong piece for me.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Poor Jenova. Of the two I really wish this would be the one to make it through to the next round. JENOVA is a fantastic song, but Complete is miles ahead of it, and seriously underrated. As a boss battle before the Big Bad, it really sets the stage and brings chills to me when I listen to it. This is her final form - this is her in all her magnificent alien glory before you finally face off against Sephiroth. Your final glimpse of the antagonist that you weren't 100% sure you were chasing until it's all revealed.

Not Alone is a fantastic piece, and deserves every right to make it to the final four.

But I love my gal Jen. BFFs forever. <3

AvecAloes

Donator
It took me a lot of waffling to make this decision. I was so torn about it. Finally, with a deep breath, I quickly chose one and clicked "Vote Now"

and then saw my decision was behind by 10 votes >_>

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
It took me a while to make this decision, because I don't love Not Alone as much as I used to, but it's still a much better song than Jenova Complete.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I voted for Not Alone (big surprise I'm sure :monster:), but I've found that the more I listen to Jenova Complete, the more I enjoy it. It just doesn't top Not Alone for me.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
This was easier than I thought. Not that I ever really considered voting for Jenova Complete, but I thought it did have a chance to get my vote. Last time I listened to it I felt like I almost wanted to vote for it. Now that I listened to it, it felt pretty much as boring as the first time. :closedmonster: The only part I really enjoy is the one that starts at about 0:50. Not alone, on the other hand, feels so great from start to finish. And even though I feel like the distant worlds version is not quite the same, I still love it.

I can't believe I still haven't watched this consert though I have it on bluray. :O

Lex

Administrator
You can all hate as hard as you want on Jenova Complete, I fucking love it and will be the lone ray of light in the darkness fighting the evil of hatred for the song.

I still voted for Not Alone though.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
From 10-0 to 25-5, Not Alone never looked like losing this one. Not that I thought it would, but I'm surprised at the margin.

Top Bottom