• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SOLDIER and the Jenova Project

Mandrake

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Ok, so those dates are probably correct. But wasn't Vincent born in 1957, not 1950? Not sure what is reliable info though. His timeline has also been confusing along with the whole Jenova Project thing. Everything would make sense if he was born in 1950. Otherwise there is a 7-year gap between Sephiroth's birth and Hojo shooting Vincent. I don't think Hojo experimented on him that long.

Two more questions. Where was the base of Project G located? Was it in the mansion like Project S or was there a secret laboratory also in Banora?

Where was Sephiroth transferred to after his birth? He barely remembered the place when he got to Nibelheim so he must have been really young. Shinra headquarters were still under construction at that time. Where was the previous headquarters located?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Ok, so those dates are probably correct. But wasn't Vincent born in 1957, not 1950? Not sure what is reliable info though. His timeline has also been confusing along with the whole Jenova Project thing. Everything would make sense if he was born in 1950. Otherwise there is a 7-year gap between Sephiroth's birth and Hojo shooting Vincent. I don't think Hojo experimented on him that long.

Two more questions. Where was the base of Project G located? Was it in the mansion like Project S or was there a secret laboratory also in Banora?

Where was Sephiroth transferred to after his birth? He barely remembered the place when he got to Nibelheim so he must have been really young. Shinra headquarters were still under construction at that time. Where was the previous headquarters located?

Midgar plate's construction may not have been completed by then but it was already a place where people lived before then, Shinra was probably based there too.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
In all likelihood, Sephiroth went from Nibelheim straight to Midgar. Project G was based in Banora, though it may not have started out there. Vincent was definitely born in 1950.

Shimi

Rookie Adventurer
To the subject of applying for SOLDIER, I know that a person could be scouted and brought in by the Turks. It also makes sense to say that there are probably countless numbers of people filling out applications to join SOLDIER and become heros. Best way would be to accept the most qualified candidates and make the rest of the willing applicants into grunts, allowing Shinra to then pick and prmote the most outstanding. Still, i should think that there are at least a few tests a candidate need to pass. Shinra does't need idiots that can't stay calm and think clearly in the face of crisis. Cloud, for example, used to think with his heart before thinking with his brain. He was too emotional. A SOLDIER must be able to handle themselves in any situation and should be able to do their job without hesitation. They should already stand out as skilled or talented individuals. Anyone remember if there were any qualities that the Turks looked for other than brute strength? (Strength was definitely a trait they looked for).

Then there's the issue of mako injections. If the subject lacks a strong will (or, i'd imagine, a strong sense of self and a sense of purpose) then the mako overwhelms their system and results in mako poisoning. In Cloud's case, I'm not sure if Shinra glanced at his application and rejected it, deeming him unsuitable fo the program, or if he actually took some sort of test to see if he would react negatively to the mako. Either way, i think Cloud failed beacause he's a guy whose self-worth is purely dependant on the views of those around him—especially Tifa, who happens to be his reason for attempting to join in the first place. (What would he do with his life if she didn't notice him? If he couldn't be the hero he thought she expected him to be?)
Regarding the will of all the other 1st class SOLDIERs, i think that they had incredibly strong wills. Every one of them had a definitive sense of self (regardless of how they saw or compared themselves to others) and they had a strong sense of purpose (even if that purpose did quickly and drastically change). Sephiroth's will was perhaps the strongest, seeing as he maintained his sense of self and purpose even while being within the lifestream.

Angeal and Genesis were probably given their mako injections because they were better-suited to being weapons. That, and Hollander wanted his Jenova project g to be superior to s, so naturally he'd enhance them with mako and have them join soldier just like Sephiroth. (How else could he proove his experiment superior?)

I get the feeling I've started rambling...

Last edited:

Shimi

Rookie Adventurer
On a side note, I thought normal SOLDIERs only got mako injections. So unless I am definitely wrong, then compatability with Jenova cells wouldn't be a factor in joining.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Normal SOLDIERs got both. It appears that there were SOLDIERs prior to Sephiroth's birth who only got mako, though, and there were many Deepground SOLDIERs who only got mako.

Top Bottom