• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

HELP. Japanese cutscenes from Dirge of Cerberus?? (alternate title is me screaming really loud)

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
UGH GUYS WHY. SO in Episode #465435 of Why I Hate the Internet, I just discovered that the YouTube video I had been using (yes, that’s an ongoing action verb, and yes I realize I haven’t worked on the project in 11 months) for this translation project has been made “private” so that, presumably, no one can actually view it except for the user who posted it.

The video was all of the cutscenes from Dirge of Cerberus in Japanese, with subtitles. Foolishly, I never saved my own back-up copy—which, yes, I realize is on me despite not being allowed but I am kicking myself for it anyway—but without either this video or the Japanese game itself (as well as some means of playing it and ideally some means of recording it), I cannot continue the project. I also don’t remember the name of the YouTube user who had posted it in order to ask them to share it either publicly again or just with me.

If anyone knows where I can find a video of the entire compilation of the Japanese cutscenes of Dirge of Cerberus with subtitles, please direct me to it.

Failing that, can anyone tell me how/where I can obtain the Japanese game myself, as well as the means to play it? I don't have a PS2 anymore, and I know a little bit about things being region locked but only enough to know that I probably shouldn't be able to just buy a Japanese disc and a US console and expect it to play. I know there are ways to play old games like that on the computer, and I imagine that would be best for recording it, but would I need a PC to do that? I have a Mac, but I can invest in a cheap PC for this if I need to. And then, how would I go about recording it?

Yes, I know I'm basically asking "how do I do literally every step of this thing that I have absolutely zero idea how to do," but it's super important to me that canon resources like this remain accessible to the fandom, so I'm willing to do it myself even if I need to learn literally everything about how to do that and put up the money for it myself.

Just...help.

Top Bottom