Happy 15th Anniversary FINAL FANTASY XI!

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
On May/16/2002, the first MMORPG in the Final Fantasy franchise was released in Japan 15 year ago for PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Windows-based PCs in November of that year.
After that many years, Final Fantasy XI is still an active MMO, receiving updates and new contents despite its shrinking community and raise of many other MMORPGs on the market.

To TLS community, Have you ever played Final Fantasy XI? What are your fondness memories with the game? What does its legacy mean to you?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I have never played it but I'd like to, mostly just to see the story. There's also a part of me which feels like it's important to play and complete every numbered Final Fantasy game. I've heard it's a good game and all but I imagine going to it from XIV would be pretty difficult. Maybe one day. If Square were ever to release a remastered version with just the single-player content I'd quite happily play that.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I never played the game but the fact that it has been going for 15 years, even after XIV released, and keeps receiving support from Square-Enix makes me emotional AF, IT'S RIDICULOUS!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's one of those things that keeps having an active (and paying!) player base; I'm sure they'll start shuttering it once it's no longer profitable.

Top Bottom