• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake Play Arts Kai Figures

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I'd like to second, third, forth, whatever number we're on how good the Cloud model is. I've owned a few Play Arts Kai here and there and Cloud is easily the most impressive looking. SE clearly put a lot of work into this.

I just wanna give some thoughts on Cloud's minor design changes. Giving Cloud a dark purple uniform and black boots/belt gives him a much more "modern" look, which he needs considering the Remake is going for realism. I think the original game's light purple uniform with brown boots/belts worked much better in the low-poly era of the PS1 because it gives a greater contrast and makes him easier to see on screen. However, can you imagine that color scheme in the Remake? I think it'd look a bit odd, especially when standing next to Barret's redesign.

I also find it amusing that Cloud's design incorporates more black as time passes. In the original he had brown boots, belt, and straps. Then Dissidia comes along and we see the first appearance of black boots. This iteration also serves as the base for his Smash Bros and arcade Dissidia appearance. Now the transformation is complete with almost no brown articles of clothing remaining.

Finally, in classic Nomura fashion, we see the addition of two new belts beneath the SOLDIER logo. I'm not complaining. At least the belts are in a practical location this time.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Where do people buy them these days? I like them, but the £114.99 price on the square store is really steep...the AC ones were only £15 each back when they came out :P

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Barret came in the post today! Click yon spoiler tag for photos:

FIKr2gO.jpg

jX4uT9K.jpg

IyLz9A7.jpg

V7M48ql.jpg

YY5nZ08.jpg

Not quite as many dynamic shots, just didn't really have the time today unfortunately. He's bloody good though; less articulation than Cloud and less accessories, so probably even less value for money, but he's also bigger and has a more interesting sculpt. He's got more going on in terms of design, like the tactical pouches and his abdomen guard thing, and they're all picked out with paint very finely. The minigun in particular looks amazing, and speaking of which, here's something I've not seen mentioned; the barrels actually rotate! Completely unnecessary for them to do so, but a nice touch.

Really impressed with how these guys have turned out, they look as good, if not better, than the prototypes and marketing shots which is practically unheard of for PAKs. Here's hoping we see Aerith and Tifa prototypes at E3!

Top Bottom