• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Mime Materia Question

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Hey guys, Google isn't helping me.

I have two questions about the Mime command materia. As we know, you can mimic a spell without expending any MP. If the spell is altered by a support materia, will Mime copy the altered spell or will it cast the vanilla spell?

For example, if Tifa casts Fire3 paired with Quadra Magic, poor Christopher gets roasted four times. Then Cloud uses Mime. Does Christopher get roasted four more times, or just one?

Secondly, Strategywiki states that Mime copies everything (except limit breaks) including Counter Attack. Does that mean that if Counter Attack is triggered between Tifa's Fire3 and Cloud's Mime, will Cloud simply perform an attack?

Thanks guys. One day I will get FF7 back so I can test these out myself. Thanks for your help <3

Lex

Administrator
Yes to everything, it copies the last attack, if that's quadra whatever then it'll be quadra whatever. Also if there's a counterattack it'll copy that instead.

But by the by, you CAN mime Limit Breaks. It's just that you can only do it on the character whose limit break it belongs to, so you can use Cloud's omnislash and then skip everyone's turns and use mime on Cloud again, he'll do omnislash. A lot of people don't realise this. You just have to not use anything (including counter commands) between the casting of the limit and the casting of mime on the character who used it.

Basically mime copies everything, even items (without expending any actual items).

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
But by the by, you CAN mime Limit Breaks. It's just that you can only do it on the character whose limit break it belongs to, so you can use Cloud's omnislash and then skip everyone's turns and use mime on Cloud again, he'll do omnislash. A lot of people don't realise this. You just have to not use anything (including counter commands) between the casting of the limit and the casting of mime on the character who used it.

Miming Omnislash is how I fucked up the Weapons in minutes. Good stuff. :monster:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
If you had multiple mimes you could get each character to use that one limit break...sort of. If say you had Tifa mime Omnislash, she'll get the aura, then it'll say she can't do it, then if Barret mimes that, he'll do the same, then Cloud can mime that and do it.

You can destroy Emerald weapon by using HP Absorb+Knights of the round, counter+mime one one character, and just counter+mime on another.

Ite

AKA
Ite
^ That's why they now make secret bosses take literal days to fight through... Not sure that's the proper approach. I already spent days raising my goddarm chocobos!

Ite

AKA
Ite
I have two more questions about Mime! I googled them and it took me to this thread. LOL #necro

1. When you mime a spell, would you benefit from another party member's Magic Plus materia, or similar independent materia?

2. Can you pair Mime with Added Cut to create a feedback loop?

Last edited:
Top Bottom