Lifestream Exclusive: Crisis Core Version Guide!

As a thanks to my patreon supporters, I have compiled months of research into a comparison article concerning primarily three versions of Crisis Core: The Japanese, North American and English European iterations.

While more discoveries will undoubtedly be made as more tools for the game are created and more versions are acquired, there are still plenty of neat facts to be found in this Lifestream-exclusive feature. Most of the observations you won't find posted about anywhere else on the web! Enjoy.

- Crisis Core Version Guidehttps://thelifestream.net/?page_id=39896

Many thanks to JBedford, hito and Twilight Mexican for their contributions!

goddess-fusion_CC-ver-guide.png

GUIDE EDITS

- The German version is now listed among the copies of Crisis Core that I own. I still desire to own the Spanish, Italian and French versions. If somebody were to donate any of these to me, these people will be listed in the Credits section for their contribution*. =)
*Unless they object to being in the credits

- A comparison in the Japanese ↔ English section was removed after hito pointed out that the difference was small upon closer inspection. This was regarding the "she-dogging" line.
hito said:
in the part about the soldier 3rd class talking about hollander, i would say the line '... グチってましたね' does have the nuance of 'bitching' (grumbling, complaining) that the english version was trying to convey (although while it's a casual/slangy expression i don't know if it has a comparable sense of 'avoiding saying a bad word' that 'she-dogging' seems to be aiming for).
More dramatic examples of discrepancies between the Japanese and English text are being discovered and these will be added eventually.

- The end of the "field" section in the North America ↔ Europe page received an addition. In the main menu and map menu display, the title to mission 7-2-2 is written as "Search and Destroy II" in the North American version, versus "Search and Destroy 2" in the English European version.

search-and-destroy-2-A_EE_CC-ver.png

The difference is not present in the mission menu text, accessed from the main menu while Zack is standing on a save point, where both English games use roman numerals.

As an additional observation, the only other mission where the mission title differs between game menus is the final Yuffie mission. In the mission menu it is called "S.O.S....?" while in the main menu and map display it is written as "S.O.S...?", with three punctuations instead of four. This is true for both the North American and English European game.

- The image used for unoccupied save slots are now compared in the Miscellaneous page. Interestingly, the image is the exact same between the Japanese and English European versions, down to the last pixel.

Japanese & English European
file1521_CC-JP.png

North American
file1444_CC-NA.png

German
file1444_CC-GER.png

Top Bottom