• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Lex

Administrator
I begrudge posting this because there's zero evidence that it's true but I'll do so anyway. Someone at Resetera claims to have a connection with SE and says they're targeting 3 parts (which is expected anyway).

So I didn't want to post a thread on this or anything because I can't physically back it up but I know someone who has a pretty high up position and does work with Square Enix and goes to the offices a lot (In Japan) and they told me that Square Enix is planning 3 parts for FFVIIR, shouldn't be too surprising but yeah...

I never make up rumors or anything so I have no reason to make this up.

Even if your uncle who works at Nintendo SE wasn't real, that's what the assumption has been since the announcement.

Yeah, that's why It shouldn't be too surprising, most people thought it meant 3 parts.

I also know a guy who's partner works at SE and I will be hanging out with them soon, so if I could get new info I will. I won't promise anything though and obviously, I'm not gonna push for info.

Not even for... ATTENTION?

I could see 3 parts making sense. I mean, that's kind of the minimum for something to be called "episodic," no?

Nah, I see what the insiders have to deal with and I don't wanna have to deal with people harassing me. I just felt bad because I feel like it's going to be a long time before we get solid info from SE.

Link

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Nothing surprising if true but seriously though if we don't get anything by E3 I'm gonna. I don't know. Type angry words on this forum and keep on living my life I guess.

But I'd like some info and trailers please. :sadpanda:

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I can't bring myself to ever believe the "I heard this from a friend's uncle's partner who works for SE" type news. SE's gotta make anyone working on their major titles sign a non-disclosure agreement. I find it very hard to believe anyone would risk both their job and getting sued out of existence to leak info to some dude on a forum they tangentially know through a mutual acquaintance.

But I'm cynical like that.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
The lack of news is really starting to grate on me, too. :closedmonster:

And I wouldn't believe that either, not without sources, proof, etc.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'm not bugging because there's such a huge neon sign over April. There's no point in worrying about it till we hit that season.

Lex

Administrator
I can't bring myself to ever believe the "I heard this from a friend's uncle's partner who works for SE" type news. SE's gotta make anyone working on their major titles sign a non-disclosure agreement. I find it very hard to believe anyone would risk both their job and getting sued out of existence to leak info to some dude on a forum they tangentially know through a mutual acquaintance.

But I'm cynical like that.

I mean, I guess it depends how much you care about what you're working on vs. how valuable you personally think the information is. I sign NDA's occasionally in work because I work with formulated product used for medical testing and have to know exactly how its made. I know that information is incredibly valuable to competitor companies for example, but it's also fairly boring to me as an individual so I have zero cause or reason to reveal the information to anybody anyway.

If I - the extreme FFVII fanboy - was working on the VII remake, I can guarantee I'd be able to hold my water on a public board. I'm not about to put my job (or in that case more importantly my position to get more information) at risk. But would it stop me from telling a close friend that's also a VII fan? Probably not. The issue with these types of rumours is that the only way to verify is to publicly reveal exactly where it came from, which puts the leaker at risk. Which nobody wants to do, because then you're not getting any new information. So while it sounds cliché or fake to say "my cousin's dog's dogsitter's best friend knows this about this" I tend to lend it some credence, because if it was me that's exactly how I'd present it.

I mean in this case we need to look at what this person has to gain - as far as I can see the answer is nothing. They're not even going to score any credibility on ResetEra if it's correct since that's what everyone thought to begin with. It's just a case of "why would they lie?" and I can't come up with a good reason here. It's not like this "news" gets anybody's hopes up, so there's zero point sharing that info to troll.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I'm not bugging because there's such a huge neon sign over April. There's no point in worrying about it till we hit that season.

What do you mean? What's happening in April? besides kupocon

Lex

Administrator
I think if remake news is coming then it's coming in June at E3. I believe articles and interviews pointed to news about FF in general being shared in Q2 this year.

Lady Tifa

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I wouldn't worry too much. After the BW fiasco with MEA I would rather a game be delayed until fully ready to be launched. That being said, I am a bit concerned on what they kept and if they changed anything or added anything that is unnecessary.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
The fact that SE chose to reveal KHIII's release date during an orchestra tour, and not with a flashy new trailer as it gets retweeted around the world, proves once again that I am completely incapable of predicting SE's marketing strategy.

I'm now 50/50 on whether we'll get significant Remake content tomorrow. Anything could happen.

Lex

Administrator
I'll say that if anything it increases the likelihood we'll see something. A KH3 release date is what I'd expected to see as a "megaton" at their conference.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The KH3 release date also has the advantage of dropping at the end of FFXV's content lifecycle, and there's not gonna be any issues of promotional confusion between the two of them. Additionally, that means that they could leverage either/both of them when it comes to in-game promotional whatnot for the Remake as well.

Feels like we're fairly likely to get SOME form of update.

X :neo:

Defeatable

Rookie Adventurer
If SE announced a KH3 release date before E3...and they're announcing everything else at the Microsoft presser...then there's only one thing left they could be saving for tomorrow...

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It's definitely amped up the hype train for the SE conference for sure. If they drop the ball now, there'll be no forgiveness for them :mon:

X :neo:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
If SE announced a KH3 release date before E3...and they're announcing everything else at the Microsoft presser...then there's only one thing left they could be saving for tomorrow...

This is what I was saying on Discord. Since they are throwing a lot of things outside their event ...

... I'm hyped.

Lex

Administrator
Set your expectations low :monster:

Although it's a fair assessment that they've shown all their major shit prior to the actual SE conference. That said, they could literally show a montage of the same trailers knowing how they operate. They are that tonedeaf.

Top Bottom