• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

ReBoot: The Guardian Code

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
The cost/quality demand of a fully animated 3D production might unfortunately beyond the scope of a small studio like Rainmaker

Seems more expensive to do live-action shoots (which is probably why the live-action stuff was done in such an extremely short period of time), and re-shoots if required.

Things like unpaid overtime/no pay for revisions/pay per footage produced rather than hours worked/work that goes uncredited were much more common 25 years ago than today (though those things still happen). I have the sneaking suspicion that maybe how the original Reboot was able to be made in the first place, though I could be wrong.

Actually Rainmaker is known for not paying for overtime work (but you get dinner, oh boy oh boy) (not the only review that mentions no OT pay, and others note lower than average salaries). As for Mainframe Ent. of yesteryear, they had a system of bonuses in place for those that wanted to do even more work if they completed the hours they were assigned (I'd have to clear it with one of the co-creators if I can make it public, as when I learned about Rainmaker's lack of overtime pay, I asked how MFE handled it, and he gave me the details).

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
The cost/quality demand of a fully animated 3D production might unfortunately beyond the scope of a small studio like Rainmaker

Seems more expensive to do live-action shoots (which is probably why the live-action stuff was done in such an extremely short period of time), and re-shoots if required.

This is not true. If it were, we'd be seeing a lot more full 3d animated cartoons, which there are still not too many. 2D animated and live action still predominate TV because 3D is expensive and takes a very long time. The cost to make a fully animated CGI TV season requires the same amount of careful planning as a 2D animated feature, plus a bigger crew, with more specialized skills than a typical live action set. To do a revision on a scene can set the schedule of a CGI show back up to a week per shot.

The fact that the live-action shoots were done quickly just tells me that they wanted to get the product out as quickly and cheaply as possible, as the animated segments are probably taking up most of the production time budget. My guess is that agreeing to have it live action was a way to compromise the budget. Still have it be a partially CG show to keep it tied to the original, but have a certain amount of live action for there to be less work for the animation department to do.

Not surprised to hear that about Rainmaker. There's just way too many bigger companies operating here that offer better incentives.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Cloud_S said:
As for Mainframe Ent. of yesteryear, they had a system of bonuses in place for those that wanted to do even more work if they completed the hours they were assigned (I'd have to clear it with one of the co-creators if I can make it public, as when I learned about Rainmaker's lack of overtime pay, I asked how MFE handled it, and he gave me the details).

Interesting as that would be, what we really want from him is the details of the unfinished final season. =P

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
This is not true. If it were, we'd be seeing a lot more full 3d animated cartoons, which there are still not too many.

Hm, well then I stand corrected.

Not surprised to hear that about Rainmaker. There's just way too many bigger companies operating here that offer better incentives.

That and Rainmaker's generally been poorly managed from day one.

Interesting as that would be, what we really want from him is the details of the unfinished final season. =P

I doubt that'll ever happen. I think the only way anyone (besides myself that is) will know how Season 4 ends is when (if) it's produced.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
The Guardian Code – Premieres March 2018

guH4hJM.png

Forget about February. It would appear that "ReBoot: The Guardian Code" is going to premiere in March.

So if that's definitely the month it'll premiere, that gives them 1 month to promote the heck out of it. Not exactly the best strategy to get the word for something people still haven't heard of.

Unless it's delayed (further?) I would expect to see Rainmaker remember that this is a thing and they should resume posting sooner than later on that presently dead Facebook page of theirs.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Just let it die.

Speaking of dying.... Rainmaker’s Official ReBoot: The Guardian Code Page – Deactivated

ydh1pDY.png

The error above is what you'll currently see when you try to go to the official ReBoot: The Guardian Code page run by Rainmaker. It was deactivated earlier on today. As none of their ReBoot websites (reboot.com, reboottgc.com, and reboottheguardiancode.com) are up, they've effectively killed the only source of information direct from the company. This does not bode well for an upcoming series that's had very little promotion and is expected to (potentially) debut in a month.

As of yesterday evening, the Admins of that page were caught deleting legitimate questions which asked when ReBoot: TGC would be released.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
BREAKING - First look at Hexadecimal in ReBoot: The Guardian Code!

V0glxQy.png

Exclusive to ReBoot Revival, a leaked photo showcasing Hexadecimal, the Queen of Chaos!

Ironically, the first familiar face we see from "ReBoot: The Guardian Code" is a character who has had both many faces and appearances throughout the original four seasons. As her design in TGC is nearly identical to her Season 1 depiction, the connection between TGC and the original series is made clear. This does not pick up where Season 4 left off!

As a refresher, this is what Hex looked like during her final appearance in the 4th season:

NRsIIfG.png

Further separating the two shows, are what appear to be multiple minions, similar in design to Hack & Slash yet black in color, standing (hovering?) in two rows beside Hexadecimal. There were only two bumbling henchmen in the original, they were red and blue respectively, and they belonged (up until mid-way in the third season) to Megabyte. So what are these things? What happened to Scuzzy? We'll just have to wait and see!

The text above her "Property of Netflix" would certainly help confirm that the show will be on the streaming service outside of Canada.

You can always follow the ReBoot Revival via Twitter to receive updates and join us in discussion on the ReBoot Revival Facebook Group.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Hex isn't going to be enough to save this trash from crashing and burning.

100% agreed! I'm just doing my thing, looking for info... hoping this will cause enough fallout that Rainmaker will go under like they've been meant to for years (and they came sooooooo close to doing so in 2011-2012).

Oh right this is still a thing.

I know right?

Funny how the only stuff I have to work with comes from leaking info... Not one company involved with TGC is willing to provide any information (let alone respond).

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
EXCLUSIVE - Leaked video of Megabyte and Hexadecimal in ReBoot: The Guardian Code

So that still image of Hex was pretty neat, eh? Of course video would be even better right? Well fortunately for you all, I found more than just that image. Completely exclusive to ReBootRevival.com, the first ever video of Megabyte and Hexadecimal in ReBoot: The Guardian Code. However the readme of fate is a complex program indeed.... a video leaked, but it's "censored" by a sheet of paper. Thankfully it's a nice thin piece of paper, so some of the details still get through.

If you're wondering why the viruses are suddenly speaking Spanish, it's not an upgrade that's enabled them to be bilingual, but the fact that this leak comes from dubbing over in Argentina.

s5rAaJC.png

Now you'll probably see (what you can) of Megabyte and say "...that doesn't look like the Megabyte I remember", and you're right. It doesn't resemble his Season 1-3 design, or his web-degraded Season 4 design. He now is primarily black, with hints of red, bronze, and possibly silver. The green viral skull insignia also appears to a degree, but isn't as it once was. Also he seems to be holding a scepter for some reason. So that doesn't look anything we've seen before, however it does look just like the Megabyte seen in the (also leaked) image of the Sourcerer and a hologram (or whatever it is) of Megabyte.

rIH7ao5.png

At the very end of the leaked footage, we see the start of the spinning logo that was used as a cover video on the (still presently deactivated) ReBoot: The Guardian Code Facebook Page run by Rainmaker:

uuZ3gLx.mp4

kbXPng5.png

Did you notice the timestamp? 00:21:18.986 That's the END of whatever episode this is. The source of this leak had "ultimo Episodio" which translated is "last episode". The last episode for TGC is supposedly "Black Hole".Could...The Guardian Code....end....on....a....cliffhanger?!

If you're hoping for more leaks, well I may be the barer of bad news. This will likely not happen again as about an hour after I posted about Hex, both the image and video were deleted from their source.

As always please consider following the ReBoot Revival via Twitter to receive updates and feel free to join us in discussion on the ReBoot Revival Facebook Group.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Michael Hefferon on ReBoot: The Guardian Code – “We tried to imagine that ReBoot had never been made”

XvZL1yP.png

What he says contradicts much of what he said 5 years ago when I spoke with him directly and other interviews over the years.

For example:

The show we eventually created is certainly inspired by the original ReBoot, but I don’t think of it as a ReBoot reboot. Rather, we tried to imagine that ReBoot had never been made, and we were making it for the first time for today’s audience.

Which not only goes against “The ReBoot we all know and love WON’T be tossed aside!”, but acts as a clear indicator that this has ZERO continuation with the original. They’re presenting this series as if it were the very first and only show to have the name “ReBoot”. Not only that but his statement about how “It’s a fine balance between appeasing fans of old, getting networks to agree” was a total farce. Fans of the original aren’t even the slightest factor in TGC’s creation and development. They’re throwing away everything you love about the original into the trash. Not one episode out of any of total of forty seven you watched and enjoyed, has any impact on what is to come in TGC. So folks, you can stop wasting your time crafting theories as to how TGC connects to the original, because it doesn’t. Or what character development over four seasons/47 episodes will be present in this series… it’s all out the window.

YTV also wanted a show with co-viewing appeal, so we wanted to reach kids but also hook parents and older siblings. So we went with a live action–animation hybrid, to expand our audience range by making characters and topics more relatable, because the characters are real kids dealing with the fallout of the cyberverse.

Right, so even though he claims that he “loved” the original, he’s completely forgotten (willfully) that even the early seasons appealed to a wide range of ages. Of course when the show switched to more mature storytelling in Season 3, older fans were even more hooked, but it didn’t alienate any younger newcomers. Justifying the live-action portion as a way to expand the range of the audience, is complete and utter BS.

And while it was an amazing show, I think the biggest thing to come out of it was the CG pipeline—the technology that was used to make it.

So…. that’s the biggest takeaway of the show? Not the unique cast of characters, not the story that didn’t return to “status quo” at the end of the episode, not the character development over multiple story arcs, not the widely creative and elaborate stories….. but the CG-pipeline? The technology behind the show?

ReBoot: The Guardian Code – Premieres Worldwide March 30th on Netflix (except Canada, you get it June on YTV)

9u6yBXW.jpg

Just out this afternoon, a press release from Corus Entertainment finally gives us an exact date of TGC's debut. March 30th worldwide via Netflix. That is unless you're in Canada, sometime in June on YTV is your premiere date. Ironically, the end of March 2017 was when YTV made their tweet about the "best news ever" which was certainly not taken as such by almost 600 angry ReBoot fans.

As a kid I loved the entire series. Even the ones that were entirely references to stuff I'd never heard of, and were out of my age range. (The Evil Dead 2 eps for example). And isn't Talent Night considered up there with the best eps of the show?

Just shows their lack of respect, and/or knowledge for the original show, and only care about the branding.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Trailer:

Yep, it's garbage.

I mean, knew this was going to be awful.... but even this surpasses how terrible I expected it to be.

How does the CGI look WORSE in 2017-2018? Season 4 in 2001 looks SO MUCH BETTER.

Megabyte is horrid... voice doesn't even match (but you know what? that's ok I wouldn't want a Tony Jay soundalike with this garbage).

:facepalm4:

On the plus side (I guess?) EVERYONE HATES IT!

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Yep, it's garbage.

I mean, knew this was going to be awful.... but even this surpasses how terrible I expected it to be.

I know right? Like, my expectations were set incredibly low based on everything I knew about it ... but the end product is SO much worse than that.

Like you said, at least the support for this show is next to zero.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
giphy.gif

This completely goes against the source material. There was never anything about world domination, it was a single computer mainframe with games. They feared The Web and what it might bring. Guardians weren't real people they were code within the computer trying to protect it from The User.

It's just... It's wrong. IT'S ALL WRONG.

Fuck you Rainmaker.

tenor.gif

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Trailer:

Yep, it's garbage.

How does the CGI look WORSE in 2017-2018? Season 4 in 2001 looks SO MUCH BETTER.

Megabyte is horrid... voice doesn't even match (but you know what? that's ok I wouldn't want a Tony Jay soundalike with this garbage).

:facepalm4:

On the plus side (I guess?) EVERYONE HATES IT!

It's Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad. Without the humor. Or talent. Or good stock footage. Or self awareness.

Man, this is just making me was the Trigger remake of Gridman and its nods to SHSS even more.

This is gonna be terrible, the only question is will it be popcorn terrible or not.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I just don't understand why it isn't a new IP. It looks more like a reboot of Power Rangers than Reboot. Why exactly are they using a beloved brand to make something so different?

Possible answer: built-in audience

Obvious backfire: disrespect/disregard source material to turn built-in audience into built-in haters.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
...I'm gonna need to be REALLY drunk before I ever even look at this movie on Netflix. This feels like something that would have been made in the late 00s, and not in a good way.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer

Can you tell I'm having fun making these?

As of this moment it has 917 likes to 11,271 dislikes.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
They reached 12K in dislikes without even hitting 1K in likes. I made a tweet about it.

They didn't respond on Twitter, but did so on Instagram (different people manning the various social media accounts I presume... I hope they get paid for working on the weekend!).

pd2K2aW.png

Totally ignoring the massive dislikes. I'm surprised they didn't ramble on about the views again. Trolling by Team TGC? Possibly. Still failing in every which way regardless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom