Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Hey guys,

First, see here

then, see here.

Finally, see here.

While the site looks pretty spiffy (if I say so myself), I would like to add a touch of own identity to it. So, I want YOU! to make me a new background of sorts. I'd like the BG to remain vague and unrecognizable (at first glance, :awesome: ) and somewhat in the same style (or whichever looks good), but it should be unique, and not too distracting of course. The text color on the site is white, so it shouldn't be too light either. The background / 'fade-to' color is plain black (and should remain like that). The borders and black bar that can be seen on the image should also remain on the same spot - I'm too lazy on this one to edit the CSS and position the menu and such.

So, make me happy, and make a neat image for me :monster:. If you're not a donator yet, I guess I could throw that in as a method of 'payment'.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
No, it's just the default on that skin. No clue how it's made, probably some strokes of color with a blur effect across it.

And if you could blur that to barely recognizable, it could work (colors etc) :monster:.

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
Yeah I would try this but it would be simply a try I have never done a forum skin before so Im a bit iffy on this.

EDIT: Woops i didn't read properly it's a screen from CC. I was thinking we could use something from the opening scene in CC with the zoom on the scaffolding?

Last edited:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Wasnt sure how it would look with the text, whether it would show alright. Seems to work pretty well.

btw Inprobability Gague should be spelt Improbability Gauge

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I'm gonna laugh if an official remake gets announced tomorrow now :monster:

regardless, good work Pixel :D

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Wasnt sure how it would look with the text, whether it would show alright. Seems to work pretty well.

btw Inprobability Gague should be spelt Improbability Gauge

no u :monster:. If you could make me a neat-looking background for that one btw, that'd be neat. Preferably with a green up and a red down button (or something to that effect, something that indicates it's gone up or down since the last update). Of course, those can all be separate entities, and the text simply text.

I'm gonna laugh if an official remake gets announced tomorrow now :monster:

I'd rejoice, :monster:.

regardless, good work Pixel :D

:cthulhu:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Im not sure what you mean by a background. I like the simplicity. Maybe just make a few bits of the text a pale green/blue.

Would these work for the chances of remake up/down thing
pointup.png
pointdown.png

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
I thought you were looking for something like this

Gauge1.png

I you could animate that little hand to move it would be kewl

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
With the power of JQuery, I can actually make it move without needing GIFs or flash or whatnot. Not sure how an animation on that would work though.

(for demo of what I can do, see http://www.debezigebij.nl, the background's all me :monster: )

edit: No it's not, just the animation (and loading), a lot more time's been spent on making those images.

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
Cool, good job.

What I was thinking is that it could be something similar to the way VB does a poll, but instead of the bar growing would it be possible to have the hand move up and down as more people agree/disagree.

if not then here you go,
pointdowncopy.png
pointupcopy.png

:)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Hmm, that might be an interesting feature. It'd have to be developed separately though, so :monster:. But a 'thread'-like structure where people can upvote the remake chance (+ their argument) would be interesting.

Top Bottom