NEW! Welcome PM for New Members

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
As I have been working on touching up the FAQ, I have also taken the initiative to compose a PM to be sent to new members when they sign up for the forum as a proactive measure to educate them on the basics. Thanks to Starling who I believe brought up the suggestion, as well as the Staff who helped me fine tune it - Octo, Yop, Tres, and Shademp (and shoutout to Gabe and Vader for their ongoing advice).

This was a team effort and I am very happy to have brought this new thing to TLS. Here is what the PM looks like!

Hello $bbuserinfo[username], and welcome to TheLifestream.Net Forums!

I'm Jason Tandro, the Community Manager for the forums, and your first point of contact for any questions or concerns you might have. Be aware that before you can post links, edit your posts or use Private Messaging, you must make 10 posts on the forums. If you need anything at all you can also post in the Feedback, Suggestions & Questions sub-forum. After you have made 10 posts feel free to send me a Private Message if you need anything! We hope you'll enjoy your stay with us and become a regular member of our happy family!

FAQS
More information can be found in the FAQ Section of the Forums. Click on the topics below for more information.

Forum Staff (Admins and Moderators/ Super Moderators) are the people who deal with reports etc. and can do things like change your username.

Site Staff (Anything with "site" or "editor" in the user title) deal with the front page and are not forum staff members, but have access to a limited amount of the staff section (they cannot see reports/ mod stuff/ the private feedback forum).

As additional information Site Staff generally have their name appear in cyan and Forum Staff have their name appear in blue.

To see the current Staff, visit the Forum Leaders page.

All this can be found under your User Control Panel (User CP).

Head to User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Avatar or Edit Signature.
Your Avatar can be no bigger than 150x300 pixels and your Signature image (if you choose to have one) 800x300 pixels.

Yes. Make your request to the Forum Staff in this thread. Also be aware of the Admin Note included in the first post of that thread:

"If you want your name changed, you must identify yourself in your aka field fully enough that a regular member who had been absent for a few weeks would reasonably be able to identify you upon returning. If you have not identified yourself in your aka field within a few days of having your name changed, your name will be changed to your most frequently known identity at a staff member's discretion. There will be no exceptions to this rule."

The AKA Field can be edited in the User Control Panel - (User CP > Edit Your Details > Additional Information).

If your request for a username change is a matter of protecting your privacy (e.g. you don't want a public record of your previous username), please create a thread in the Private Feedback Forum to make your request.

Catch_All_One_Sheet.png

Post_Formatting_One_Sheet.jpg

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Looks really good JT, thanks for working on this ^_^

Can I change my Username?
Yes. Make your request to the Forum Staff in this thread
Think you missed a hyperlink here? :huh:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Looks really good JT, thanks for working on this ^_^

Can I change my Username?
Yes. Make your request to the Forum Staff in this thread
Think you missed a hyperlink here? :huh:

tumblr_inline_neaotfg1oO1swraxx.gif

Five rewrites and we somehow missed that... Yop, please be my hero once again and add the link? I'll edit the PM in the staff thread about it.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That's pretty awesome. I think this would actually really help in getting new peeps to stay. :monster:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Looks great. The image examples look like they could use better image quality and I'm surprised you didn't mention the BB code buttons in the post interface but otherwise I don't think I'd change anything.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Looks good but maybe break it up into two or three smaller paragraphs so it's easier to read, a little less wall of texty?

Top Bottom