The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
:joy:

Took 1st place on our world in the last Triple Triad Tournament. And it was probably the most annoying one to pull that off in. Double Roulette is not fun.

The Tidus Card is totally worth it though. As far as deck strategy goes, it's the 5* card with the opposite layout of the Squall card which is the most common 5* card in tournaments. The only card that strategically "better" then it is Cloud's... which is still 500k MGP away...

Patch Stuff:

Major nerfs for Anima weapons. The amount of items needed to upgrade Hyperconductive weapons was essentially halfed (you get 2 Crystal Sand per item set turned in instead of 1). Only 1 Luminous Crystal per element type is now needed. And Singing Clusters are easier to get a hold of (cost less Lore, can get more per quest).

And it looks like all gear drop restrictions have now been lifted from A12N and Dun Scaith.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Lex was showing me around the Gold Saucer yesterday when he checked the Triple Triad leaderboard and noticed your name up there. We wondered why you were keeping it so quiet. :lol: Congratulations!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Patch Stuff:

Major nerfs for Anima weapons. The amount of items needed to upgrade Hyperconductive weapons was essentially halfed (you get 2 Crystal Sand per item set turned in instead of 1). Only 1 Luminous Crystal per element type is now needed. And Singing Clusters are easier to get a hold of (cost less Lore, can get more per quest).

And it looks like all gear drop restrictions have now been lifted from A12N and Dun Scaith.

Procrastination pays off once again!
:hairflip:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Screwed by patches once again. As is tradition, all steps prior to the one I'm up to get nerfed right after I reach that stage. :(

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Ofcourse it's the law of FFXIV

I was determined to completely finish the relic quest for my main before this happened as I always leve it till the nerf.

Current pre stormblood goals:

1: All Heavensward Jobs to level 50
2: All other DoW and DoM roles to level 30+
3: all DoL and DoH classes to level 50 (Leves should make this easy enough)
4: Have at least my DRK and AST 260 weapons (current patch should make this easy enough)
5: Prep for Samurai and Red Mage classes.

Should be easy enough right :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I thought it was too late to sign up for the Recruit a Friend campaign but it turns out the free play period, i.e. the first 30 days, doesn't count towards it. I'll need to be buying my first game time soon – I have six days left – so if someone wants to "recruit" me, it's still possible, and there's no reason not to do it as far as I can tell. :) I'm gonna give Lex first priority since he helped me out so much at the start, but I know he already has some gold feathers and stuff, so if he doesn't want/need it then I'd be happy to sign up for anyone else I've played with in the past few weeks. :) Let me know if you're interested.

Hopefully I'll be able to recruit someone myself some day. *eyes the two-person Chocobo mount*

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Isn't there also a two-person mount available as part of getting married?

I mean. Just saying.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
g61bP1y_d.jpg

2hfr0Kh_d.jpg

In that bottom image, Red Mage is on the left and Samurai the right.
As well as looking like a rapier, some have pointed out the Red Mage icon looks a lot like an upside-down White Mage icon, perhaps with the spiky/fiery bit representing the Black Mage icon. Cool stuff. ^_^

The Samurai icon resembles a tsuba, the guard of a traditional katana.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I still don't recognise all the existing job icons. I wish there was a tooltip that appeared when hovering over them or something.

Some positive changes I've read about: switching classes/jobs in the field will no longer put skills on cooldown, the Ul'Dah markets will be getting an aethernet crystal, inventory and armoury storage capacities will increase. People are also excited about sprinting no longer costing TP and while that seems like a positive change I'm also a little concerned about how it'll affect the pace of instanced content. Also, as a mage main, it's been a nice bonus (relative to other classes) up to now to be able to sprint whenever without having to worry about it. :P

There's a new benchmark out and I'm downloading it now. :)

AvecAloes

Donator
I don't know all the job/class symbols either, and I've been playing for years :monster:

And yeah, no more TP to sprint? That's going to be super handy for melee characters! I remember I accidentally hit "sprint" while tanking and well, it didn't go so well for me. Like you said, though, I've never, ever had to worry about it while playing any of my casters. Good for things like Baelsar's Wall (Heavensward content, you'll get there eventually, Flint, haha). Also liking that switching classes/jobs in the field will no longer reset my cooldowns. That's great for when I'm queuing for something as a healer but am doing fates or whatever as melee.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Heavensward content, you'll get there eventually, Flint, haha
Or, you know, I got there already... To Heavensward content, I mean, not Baelsar's Wall specifically. I play this game too much. :monster: When am I gonna get to play with you two for the first time, I wonder? ^_^

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I constantly sprint from one pack of mobs to the next when tanking as a Dark Knight. Keeps the healers awake :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
Heavensward content, you'll get there eventually, Flint, haha
Or, you know, I got there already... To Heavensward content, I mean, not Baelsar's Wall specifically. I play this game too much. :monster: When am I gonna get to play with you two for the first time, I wonder? ^_^

Dbl post

Well...I mean technically I can log in to ye olde Cerberus account whenever, I just haven't because having to get through all of the Heavensward content AGAIN is intimidating, to put it lightly. Still a level 50 BLM, and I don't even know if I've done any Heavensward stuff with her :/

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I'll be liking the Armory increases. I keep gear for all the jobs in my Armory and that comes up to 24 weapons in a 25 slot armory... yeah... Rings are getting to be a tight fit as well.

Other fun stuff that's coming is ground mount speed increases (in ARR and HW areas!), 100 more Macros that can be shared across the account, and being able to use combat action motions in group pose.

Got a lesson in not being a jack-of-all-stats recently. It turned out my healers secondary stats (Critical, Spell Speed, Determination) were all really close in value to each other (like within 100 points). Which does not help with getting good heals off. So I dumped some Det in favor of more Crit and SS and... yeah... way better Regens and a lot more critical Shields. Oddly, I didn't run into this problem with my SMN...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Mount speed increase is nice, I'd like them to do it for the flying ones too. The game can do with a lot of quality of life improvements like that (and, granted, they've done a bunch of those over time, like no more fucking about with a summoned companion whilst queueing for dungeons)

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vcHV1LnNoL3JWNDFLLzk3MGMzZjk4YmMuanBnIn0.OBVLDGQSymYcyKnVGcP8atZRD4A

This was a mistake a I made a good few months back. My FC are never going to let me forget it.

I also melded two spell speeds to my legs. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Anyone run the benchmark yet? It's got loads of information about the expansion (at least new for me), things like
underwater areas / mounts / etc

wbwHJPx.png

That's the resolution I think I have my gaem on. I'm gradually thinking about building a new computer, maybe at some point after I move.

Top Bottom