• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Dragon Prince

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Dhw6lSeV4AAX2j_.jpg

Avatar: The Last Airbender headwriter Aaron Ehasz, and executive producer Giancarlo Volpe both got together with Justin Richmond and are releasing a new animated series on Netflix!! The Dragon Prince is, "about two human princes who forge an unlikely bond with the elfin assassin sent to kill them, embarking on an epic quest to bring peace to their warring lands." Additionally, on the 21st there's gonna be a panel at SDCC where we'll be getting more information!

Properly hype, as I'm a massive fan of everyone involved and can't wait to see what else's in store for this series.

X :neo:

Enjoyed this second season moreso than the first one.

- Massive props for showing a lesbian kiss MID-SEASON. Is this the first such kiss in a cartoon aimed for kids? I don't know of any other such example. I wouldn't have been super surprised if this had happened in the very last minute of the show's very final episode, but to show it mid-season? Good on you, The Dragon Prince. *applauds*

- Callum's psychedelic trip. Let's just say I relate to it and the whole "all is one" thing.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay so just now there was a stream of what would have been their SDCC panel and apparently they announced the show has been picked up through season 7.

Like, this just happened within the last half hour or so.

I'm on a Dragon Prince Discord server and people are freaking out.

Will post links once articles are put up.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
In case it helps anyone else who finds they're struggling with this – especially given the current state of the world – I've been keeping track of my media habits for a long time and tracking when and why I do what I do when.

The main reason for not keeping up with series is just having new struggles that leave me with a lot of subconscious anxiety from lots of real life stress. That means that the time where you'd normally watch new things slowly gets replaced with the comfort of passively half-rewatching something you've seen a billion times. That's because you already know the outcome brings, so it brings more relaxation than watching something that you aren't familiar yet – because you're never anxious about what you're seeing no matter how deeply emotional whatever you're watching makes you.

It's also why sometimes you can get yourself to start a REALLY good series that a billion people have recommended – and then when you're watching it you just regret not doing so sooner. All that means is that the media relaxation you used to get from the escapism into large amounts of media was for a different kind of mental relaxation that doesn't provide the same de-stressing mental relaxation for new anxiety. That being said, it's still good to push yourself into it from time to time to get back into the groove of things, and it'll help a lot in getting back into things to know what you are/aren't doing passively.

In my case, I'm still ok watching other people stream new games and things, because the parasocial relationship with those individuals helps to ease back into things by providing some passive social support with the combination of anxiety & isolation. I've done a lot of poking around at why things like game streaming & movie/series reaction channels for things people watched a long time ago blew up so much. :awesomonster:

Thanks for always reminding me that this is a thing and that I want to check it out! <4

X :neo:

Top Bottom