• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Queer Eye (Netflix Reboot).

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
image.jpg

I noticed that there wasn't a thread for one of the best reality shows on Netflix right now and wanted to right this wrong.

I am properly obsessed. Shout out to solo player sab for kicking my ass and getting me to give the show a go already (I planned on watching it, I swear).

I have been gushing over this Fab Fivesome since Season 1, and now, having finally finished Season 2, I needed to expand on these feels and carry that love over to you lot.

Does anyone else watch this? What have been your highlight episodes these past two seasons? Who are your faves of the five? Did you watching the originals Queer Eye? If so, how do you think this reboot compares? The Five have been talking a lot about wanting to makeover folks from all sorts of walks of life, and not just 'straight guys'. What kind of person would you be interested in seeing them makeover? What are your favourite things about this show in general? Let's talk, people!

For those who don't have Netflix, I hope you can see this YouTube video of them making over some randy in Australia. This is pretty much the format of the regular show, too. I can't handle the sweetness T_T

Oh, and Jonathan has a podcast called Getting Curious. If anyone's curious. :P

source.gif

Last edited:

solo player sab

normie trash
AKA
Sab
giphy.gif

Omgomgomg my heart is racing I want to discuss ALL THE THINGS

But I have to wait until I get off work so I'll be back.

In the meantime JONATHAN & TAN 4EVER <33333 YAS HUNNEEEEEZ

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I LOVE THIS SHOW.

AND I JUST SAW LIKE AN HOUR AGO THEY'VE BEEN RENEWED FOR A THIRD SERIES YAAAYYYYYY!!!

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^H Y P E D

I desperately need it back in my life T_T

And bc I&#8217;m the type of person to answer her own questions lmfao (half of them anyway).

What have been your highlight episodes these past two seasons?
Omg
Tom - from the first episode. When he told the Five, &#8216;You guys are making me cry&#8217; I lost it, bruh. It was a strong episode to start out with as it really set the tone methinks!

AJ - My heart really broke for AJ. Always having to hide a part of yourself from your loved ones because you&#8217;re afraid of what might change. Dammit! The out scene with his step mum fucked me up.

Tammye - &#8220;You know Mama loves you, right?&#8221;
&#8220;Yes.&#8221;
&#8220;But Mama owes you an apology, because she has not loved you unconditionally&#8221;

That is all. And Bobby&#8217;s story. Noooooo. T-T

I actually have to go back and rewatch this season, I feel like I&#8217;m forgetting everyone

Who are your faves of the five?
From the go, it was Jonathan and Tan, but after watching several of their group interviews, Antoni and Karamo have grown on me considerably. Bobby is getting there (I definitely think he&#8217;s under-appreciated).

What are your favourite things about this show in general?

BREAKING DOWN TOXIC MASCULINITY AND REACHING OUT TO COMMUNITIES THAT HAVE HISTORICALLY SHUNNED MINORITY GROUPS. These men are doing such important work breaking down barriers and combating stereotypes and spreading the love! And I love how the show strongly promotes a self-love vibe and just tolerating folks for who they are. And just how they drag these people from dark places who just weren&#8217;t feeling themselves and now they have life again, like. Like, it gives me all the feels. I want a fab five hug now.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I've seen every episode and I'm genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Jonathan says shit like me (baby bobbers is struggs to func) and is otherwise hilarious. To my surprise I really like Antoni. I don't dislike any of them, but my top two are definitely Jonathan and Antoni.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The show got nominated for an Emmy too.

giphy.webp

My favorite episode might be the first one from season 2, that was emotional as fuck. I've enjoyed every episode except for the one with the lying gamer guy.

Th Fab 5 said it best themselves what the difference between the original and the reboot is; tolerance for the original, acceptance for the reboot.

giphy.webp

-so-subtle-shade.gif

OTNmZDhhMDI1OCMvWkpPc0xPTklwS0l0VXJvc3BzQ2xJendqbUxvPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6Zm9ybWF0KGpwZWcpOnF1YWxpdHkoODApL2h0dHBzOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzLzc2c3c1Z21lcHdoY3d4cmJubnpmb2didXBsdXpqd2xhZ3BsMDI2c29rODZueW9scjV2ejJ5d3F0eWd1bDFndWsuZ2lm.gif

giphy.webp

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I love it so much. And I love all the guys. I think maybe they go like Antoni, Tan, Karamo, Bobby, Jonathan for me though ... but like that's loved to loved I adore them all no hate here.

And yeah I agree about the first episode of the second season I fucking sobbed like a bitch and I never cry it was a real trip!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
My gf and I just watched the first episode of season two. Omg, y'all. Just. O.M.G.

I'm not crying, you're crying

Last edited:

solo player sab

normie trash
AKA
Sab
The show got nominated for an Emmy too.

They got nominated for 4! :D

When I think about my favorite thing about the show, I'd say what Fancy had written is pretty spot on for me, too. From challenging and redefining masculinity to breaking down the barriers that set people apart..and doing so in a way that is just so wholesome and heartfelt. I find it so impressive.

I also find myself EXTREMELY motivated to clean up my mess of a life, so, there's that too :mon:

Favorite Episodes:
Season 1, Episode 1 (You Can't Fix Ugly) -
Tom is just the cutest man. And of course, his love story with Abby is just adorable. Queer Eye was extremely smart for placing this episode first in the series because it certainly has that hook-factor.
S1E4 (To Gay or Not Too Gay) -
AJ's coming out scene with his step mom just destroyed me. Watching him break down was just so incredibly real and you can just feel the anguished relief (does that makes sense?) that was pouring out.
S2E1 (God Bless Gay) -
Ok seriously who doesn't love Mama Tammye? I loved this episode for so many reasons...the fact that it was the first time they featured a woman, that we see a mother apologize to her gay son for reacting the way that she did to his coming out, that we learn about Bobby's troubled relationship with religion, that we see the Fab Five so smitten with adoration for Mama Tammye...it's just so heartfelt and I swear I cried like five times throughout the whole episode.
S2E5 (Sky's the Limit) -
This one hit really hard for me because it made me think of an old friend who was trans that we lost to depression. I found this episode to be very heavy in a lot of ways but I really loved how it brought trans issues to the forefront and even featured the Fab Five - themselves - struggling slightly with the concept and wanting to understand more about Skyler's plight. Considering how often LGBTQ is lumped together, it's easy to be misguided into thinking gay men or women automatically understand and empathize with the issues facing transgender people. My heart really ached for Skyler and I'm really glad the Fab Five tread into these waters. And also TODERICK HALL YAAAAS.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I got my friend to watch it all and she sent me a message saying "I mean, do you cry at every episode or is it just me??" and I don't cry at every episode, but I've definitely teared up lots. I can't pinpoint specifically when other than S1E4 and S2E1. That dialogue from the mum really got me, I know Fancy posted it above but:

&#8220;You know Mama loves you, right?&#8221;
&#8220;Yes.&#8221;
&#8220;But Mama owes you an apology, because she has not loved you unconditionally&#8221;

Powerful.

The cynic in me questions how staged it could be though - I think regardless the show is doing a lot of good but I'm always a little bit icked out when some private family moments are happening with a camera crew in the room filming every bit. I think it's pretty genuine though, based on the reaction of the mother of the Iranian dude who was clearly furious but hid it a bit because there were cameras lol.

Obligatory

giphy.gif

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
The cynic in me questions how staged it could be though - I think regardless the show is doing a lot of good but I'm always a little bit icked out when some private family moments are happening with a camera crew in the room filming every bit. I think it's pretty genuine though, based on the reaction of the mother of the Iranian dude who was clearly furious but hid it a bit because there were cameras lol.

^Yeah, funny you should mention that, because I had a similar thought during the episode with the Trump-supporting cop (S1E3 IIRC) where
Karamo and the cop are having a long conversation in the car about tensions between police and the black community. Seems like there were some buzzwords that might've been planted by production; the dialogue, the conclusions they drew, even the cop throwing in 'black lives mattered' like it didn't quite roll off his tongue all that naturally—it just felt kind of forced and after school special-y. Particularly after that scene in the beginning of the episode where Karamo was pulled over by the other cop as a joke, which was obviously staged by production and is a pretty fucked up prank to begin with, whether it was supposed to be a pre-cursor to the aforementioned conversation or not.

And okay, I’m going to be the hundredth person that says this but that episode with Mama Tammye fucked. me. right. up.

InterfaceLeader

Pro Adventurer
I binged this last week, how appropriate. Karamo is probably my favourite, Antoni is pointless but is very decorative :awesome:, Bobby works way too freaking hard I APPRECIATE YOU BOBBY.

I don't have a favourite episode, though the first episodes of both season 1 and 2 were pretty special.

I also wonder at the reality show elements e.g. the episode where
the guy comes out to his step mom, how else could she have reacted knowing she was being filmed?

I ALSO HAVE ISSUES because I am incapable of watching anything without being all critical...
Mostly with the fact so many episodes use a woman as pay-off. Like so many of the episodes end with a woman's approval as the kind of 'success' measure, and I feel like 1. this teaches guys that if they do basic grooming and adulting they deserve a woman, and 2. that the only reason to do this stuff is to make the girlfriend/wife/mom/auntie happy?

HOWEVER, I cried at every episode because I am a sap. And also followed them all on social media because I am an obsessive stalker :puppy: I cannot wait for Season 3.

Top Bottom