The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake The remake of FFVII announced at E3 on June 15th, 2015 -- OUR WHOLE LIVES HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS MOMENT!!

Old 02/15/2017   #226
The Twilight Mexican

Yet, as has been pointed out to you several times, Nomura already said the remake will be connected with the Compilation. So what is being assumed there?
Thanked by 2:
Theozilla (02/16/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/15/2017)
Old 02/15/2017   #227
Tashasaurous
When did he say that?

Plus, I was just agreeing with SOLDIER X about the confusion with the Buster Sword's revelation at the moment. Then again, I have said months ago that maybe bolt part of the sword which was used in the original game was a cover for the gold part that was seen and used for AC and CC.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2017   #228
Mr. Ite

The Twilight Mexican wrote: Yet, as has been pointed out to you several times, Nomura already said the remake will be connected with the Compilation. So what is being assumed there?
Ah drat.
Mr. Ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
RedFFWolf (02/15/2017)
Old 02/15/2017   #229
Random Nobody

X-SOLDIER wrote: [videos]
............The rat faces

the voice acting

Random Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Mr. Ite (02/16/2017)
Old 02/15/2017   #230
Ramza Beoulve

Tashasaurous wrote: When did he say that?
You have got to be joking.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
Ramza Beoulve is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (02/15/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/15/2017)
Old 02/15/2017   #231
X-SOLDIER

The Twilight Mexican wrote: @X:
Beat you to it.
You gonna beat me to new comparison images too?

X
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (02/15/2017)
Old 02/15/2017   #232
Tashasaurous
Random Nobody wrote:
X-SOLDIER wrote: [videos]
............The rat faces

the voice acting
I like the current voices of the FFVII characters(AC/ACC, CC, DoC, KH, ect.), and it does take in getting used to. My main issue is when they change the voice actors of the characters which irriates me to no end because it doesn't sound like what I'm used to, and in most cases the new voice actors doesn't suit them either.

Well, Aerith is an exception because I prefer her voice actress from AC and KH2. Mandy Moore sounded a bit off to me, and I personally don't care about Hojo because I can fully understand Paul Eiding not wanting to voice him anymore either.

Ramza Beoulve wrote:
You have got to be joking.
Well, I'm mostly busy with other things so I end up either forgetting or not knowing. Sorry about that.
Old 02/16/2017   #233
The Twilight Mexican

Twice. Here and here:

Some parts in the Compilation that have been difficult to understand will be connected better in the Remake.
[The above is from an article summarizing what he said rather than a direct quote. His original comment was コンピレーション作品で登場した設定について、説明不足なんだろうなと感じる部分もあり、そこをきさんとつなぐということですね]
The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII added new wrinkles to the story and lore behind the game. How is the team approaching the integration of those new elements into the remake?
It’s not to say that all or some of the characters from the spin-offs or other Compilation works will appear in the remake, but if there are any areas where we can use the settings or the characters, we do want to try to incorporate it in there, so it gives off that sense of nuance and those other stories existing.

So, there isn’t any pressure to include every character and storyline from the Compilation content?
Yes, there may be instances where the characters appear themselves, or are just referenced in dialogue. But, of course, it would be difficult to follow up on everything that happened in this universe. So, maybe some of the characters who weren’t as famous won’t appear or be mentioned. But in terms of the characters and instances that remain in the memories of our fans, we do want to try our best to integrate that in some fashion in the world.
[The above was actually said by Kitase, but which key developer said it isn't really the point.]

And you've been reminded of this on numerous occasions -- some of which can be seen here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Last edited by The Twilight Mexican; 02/17/2017 at 09:11 AM.
The Twilight Mexican is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 9:
Animexcel (02/17/2017), Cloud_S (02/17/2017), Dashell (02/17/2017), JechtShotMK9 (02/17/2017), Mr. Ite (02/17/2017), Tashasaurous (02/17/2017), The Mad King (02/16/2017), Theozilla (02/16/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/16/2017)
Old 02/17/2017   #234
Tashasaurous
Right. Thanks.

Maybe we'll see something more at some point this year on both on the Remake and KH3...maybe at Jump Festa in December or September at the earliest?
Old 02/19/2017   #235
X-SOLDIER

And today we come full circle back, and we've got proof that the Remake Buster Sword is still using the non-Compilation hilt, so we've basically confirmed that both versions exist in the Remake now.

X
Thanked by 5:
Animexcel (02/19/2017), Dark and Divine (02/19/2017), Flare (02/19/2017), The Twilight Mexican (02/19/2017), Theozilla (02/19/2017)
Old 02/19/2017   #236
Mr. Ite

Appreciate the update, but we won't know anything for certain until the game is released. If the game comes out and it's Comp-sword-only, or if it's the same weapon progression as the OG, or if Cloud uses Aerith's umbrella and nothing else, that's the privilege of the developers. Trailers shmailers, screenshots schmeenschots. If Rogue One taught us anything it's this: "Actual footage may vary greatly from marketing material."
Mr. Ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2017   #237
X-SOLDIER

Well, if Mobius was, in fact, directly utilizing the FFVII Remake assets as it's been stated, then it does mean that as it currently stands, the Remake has assets for both Cloud's more OG design Buster Sword & the Compilation version. Whether or not they make it into the final game — who knows, but that's kind of irrelevant given that the topic is discussing the design chsnges as they are now, and not as they hypothetically might be in the final iteration used for release.

The point of interest here is that they didn't just completely redesign it in a vacuum, but both the Compilation and Remake versions both exist as assets which lends support to the idea that the change is one we'd likely be able to see within the game itself. Hell, I wonder if the Compilation version will be shown that way in Cloud's recaps/flashbacks.

X
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (02/19/2017), Theozilla (02/19/2017)
Old 02/19/2017   #238
Ramza Beoulve

It'll be funny if, after all this, it's just an option you can pick in a menu

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
Ramza Beoulve is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Dark and Divine (02/19/2017), Flare (02/19/2017), Mr. Ite (02/19/2017), The Mad King (02/20/2017), The Twilight Mexican (02/19/2017), X-SOLDIER (02/19/2017)
Old 02/19/2017   #239
Channy

I'm kinda curious if it's two different Buster Swords you can equip, one sort of as an Easter Egg named Zack's sword or something (even though they both are but whatevs).

....May I come in?

Channy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (02/19/2017)
Old 02/19/2017   #240
X-SOLDIER

I'd be a little sad if it was a strictly cosmetic thing (and it seems odd to design those sorts of things early on), but if that's what it is, I'd still be happy to be able to use both at my leisure (I can only assume that I'd use it in the final battle like I typically do).

X
Thanked by 3:
Channy (02/22/2017), The Twilight Mexican (02/19/2017), Theozilla (02/19/2017)