The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > General > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 12/25/2016   #3496
Lulcielid

Replayed DISSIDIA Final Fantasy, the plot pretty good than I remebered, bumped its score, this game ranks now as overall number 5 in my FF top list.
Old 01/02/2017   #3497
Flintlock

Europa Universalis IV. By far the most difficult game to learn from scratch that I've ever played. I've pretty much got the hang of it now, but I'm still having to look things up online every half hour or so. I'm sure I'm playing terribly but it's been a fun nation/empire simulator so far.
Flintlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Cthulhu (01/02/2017)
Old 01/06/2017   #3498
Clement Rage

LA Noire.It's pretty fun, although the main character tends to take 'Doubt' in what he's saying to mean 'YOU DID IT!' instead of 'I'm not sure you're telling me the full truth here' like I intend.

I've already participated in a possible miscarriage of justice. Two suspicious people in the dock.

(SPOILER)

Candidate A. Suspicious character on scene found with jewellery of the victim on his person when arrested. Bloodstained clothes that appear to be his found nearby (label of employer).

Candidate B: History of domestic violence, caught suspiciously burning bloodstained shoes the morning after the murder. Did not explain this. Alibi proven false. Caught in several lies at first interview, but nothing actually incriminating, I botched the interrogation, so didn't get much out of him.

Either of these could have done it. I went with A in the end, was very suspicious of B but hadn't enough evidence to try to charge him. Must be hard being a real homicide detective.
Clement Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Cthulhu (01/06/2017), Flintlock (01/06/2017), Russell (01/08/2017), Sledged (01/06/2017)
Old 01/06/2017   #3499
Flintlock

Yay L.A. Noire, one of my favourite games.

I read that "Doubt" was originally "Force", which explains why Cole's dialogue sounds so unnatural. The whole game's quite unintentionally funny like that. My best friend and I always used to laugh at Cole picking up things like mugs and oranges in a suspect's apartment and examining them in some detail, only to decide they're "incidental" or whatever. Like, you really had to examine them to be sure of that?
Flintlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Clement Rage (01/10/2017), Cthulhu (01/06/2017), Sledged (01/06/2017)
Old 01/10/2017   #3500
Clement Rage

And occasionally he tries to construct a grand theory with them. Cole Phelps, the man that will bring home tons of cases (SPOILER) and get them all quashed on appeal. I love that it wasn't just a meteoric rise, he actually got demotions as well. I love that the department, while corrupt, isn't quite corrupt enough to let innocent people be executed. I loved that I could get through 2/3 of the game story with killing under 26 people, and that in one mission killing eight or nine guys completely shattered a powerful gang.

Great, great, great game. They've rediscovered the lost art of making my favourite kind of gunfights, the slow tense kind with three or four opponents tops, rather than the overly huge ones we tend to get nowadays. Why, in my day things were different...

(SPOILER) Shame we couldn't bring flamethrower guy in alive. What might have happened if he got a real therapist?

Who were those guys in the drains in the last level? Police? Gangsters? Drain maintenance people? Who sent them and why, Fontaine's dead, Benson and Munroe don't seem like they have personal armies (not now, anyway), Cohen had nothing to do with it and the DA was dealing with the police.

Great game.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3501
Tarkatan Trash

I just finished Arkham Knight. I had so much fun with that game that it was taking up all my free time. I must say that I was nearly saddened by the (SPOILER) Barbara Gordon "suicide". I thought it was legit at first, but when Scarecrow is involved, anything you see can be a hallucination, which was the case here. Part of my attachment to Barbara Gordon stems from maining Batgirl in Injustice, which is why I got the Batgirl avatar for PSN when the Arkham Knight avatars were released for free.

I just started a New Story +, just to try my hand at it, but I think I'll take a break from that game for now.

Last edited by Tarkatan Trash; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:33 PM.
Tarkatan Trash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3502
Ghost X

Played Catan yesterday. Did well for my first attempt too. Good game.
Old 1 Week Ago   #3503
Random Nobody

Rainbow Six Siege. Never thought I'd have this much fun with it, but here we are.
Random Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Cthulhu (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #3504
Cthulhu

I've found myself playing KSP again <_<

It's such a damn shame about the development team and that there will probably be no major updates on it anymore, or a direct sequel. Still hope the dev team is picked up by a bigger studio (that pays them what they're worth) and make a more polished spiritual successor.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3505
Amizon

I'm in between Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 4 and Skyrim atm.
Old 1 Week Ago   #3506
Russell

Just completed the Witcher 3 from start to finish including both DLC's.

YouTube Video

Toussaint is so colourful & beautiful! The Blood & Wine DLC was the perfect ending to the game. Feel sad it's over. No more Witcher.

Goodbye Geralt.

(SPOILER)
Cthulhu wrote: One of us! one of us! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ct̡h̶ul̡hú fht͢ag̨n͏!́ O̴̧N҉҉̴̴E̶͜͠͞ ̷͟͢͞͝Ờ͠͏͡F̴͟ ̸̡́U̸̕͠S̶

Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Cthulhu (1 Week Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago   #3507
Joe

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone

This rythmn game doesn't fuck around and I love it. It's the Dark Souls of rythmn gaming. Also there's like 20 tracks that are totally my jam so that helps.

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Half as Long
A story-teller's got to believe his own story, or no one will.

Twice as Bright
Adept

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #3508
Clement Rage

Resident Evil 4 Better than I remembered it being, completely forgot about Krauser. I kept thinking 'wasn't this part hard, last time?' Possibly because I was trying a pacifist run that time, whereas this time I broke out the shotgun early and often.