The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 11/24/2010   #1
Max Payne
Default Uncharted Movie: Hollywood ruins another game

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/...-nathan-drake/

On the subject of how the "Uncharted" movie is progressing, Wahlberg confirmed that David O. Russell has started writing. "David is one of the best writer/directors I've ever worked with," said Wahlberg. "The idea that he has is just insane. So hopefully we'll be making that movie this summer."
Recently there have been rumors that O. Russell was interested in casting Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro in the film, and Wahlberg confirmed those, as well. "That's who he wants to write the parts for. I talked to Pesci about it and I know David's people have talked to [Robert De Niro]."
And now for the juicy bit: How would Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro fit into the storyline?
"I'm obviously in whatever David wants to do but the idea of it is so off the charts: De Niro being my father, Pesci being my uncle. It's not going to be the watered-down version, that's for sure."
At this point, it's clear that O. Russell will be exploring "Uncharted" mythos beyond what we've seen on the PS3, given that none of Nathan Drake's family members have appeared in the games before. Even if they don't manage to secure Pesci and De Niro, Wahlberg basically confirmed that he'll be the central character of the film, which is big news. Sorry Nathan Fillion, better luck next time.
SON OF A BITCH. FUCK EVERYTHING I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD ANYMORE.

HOW CAN YOU CAST A FUCKING ACTOR WHO HAS NO FUCKING PERSONALITY AT ALL AS A CHARACTER WHO IS ALL ABOUT PERSONLITY.

HE WAS INSPIRED BY FUCKING NATHAN FILLION FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Thanks for ruining another game adaptation Walfag.

Film is gonna be fucking terrible.

Last edited by Lex; 01/08/2017 at 03:53 AM.
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 8:
Bex (11/25/2010), Cannon_Fodder (11/24/2010), ForceStealer (11/24/2010), looneymoon (11/24/2010), Max Caulfield (11/24/2010), Minato (10/27/2016), Rumpelstiltskin (11/25/2010), The Pyro (02/03/2011)
Old 11/24/2010   #2
Alex

Old 11/24/2010   #3
ForceStealer

The film was a dumb idea from the get-go anyway. It doesn't have a unique plot, its Indiana Jones - the characters are great fun, but that's because of their actors and writers, not the plot. What makes Uncharted unique is that it has set the bar for combining interactive cinematic moments. Allowing you to PLAY moments that would normally only appear in cinema/cutscene. Sticking those moments BACK in cinema will not be unique at all.

The only scenario I saw myself being at all interested in this move was if they cast their real actors (all of which look similar enough to pull it off, ESPECIALLY Emily Rose - Elena), but I knew they would never do that as you can't get funding for movie unless you have "big name" assholes.

Bleh.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2010   #4
Alessa Gillespie

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE

can you fight a legendary creature?

i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Frostwave (12/29/2010), looneymoon (11/24/2010), Rumpelstiltskin (11/25/2010), Super Mario (11/24/2010)
Old 11/24/2010   #5
X-SOLDIER

Oh, it's MUCH worse than that.

Director: David O. Russell wrote: Right now, the script is being composed from scratch. Word is the actual video game didn't have much there aside from a concept and a name.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Pyro (02/03/2011)
Old 11/24/2010   #6
Max Payne

The film was a dumb idea from the get-go anyway. It doesn't have a unique plot, its Indiana Jones
Eh, I disagree here. But yeah, the whole premise of the games is to capitalize on old adventure films in game form. A film would never have the same impact.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (12/23/2010)
Old 11/24/2010   #7
Super Mario

I'm not surprised. No video-game movie adaptation is that good anyway. ; v ; So Bad its Good quality would be street fighter.

YAHOO!
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2010   #8
Alex

No video-game movie adaptation is that good anyway
The Silent Hill movie begs to differ.

Its still not a great movie, and doesn't come close to the high standard set by the first 4 games. But still its by no stretch of the term, a bad movie.
Old 11/24/2010   #9
Alessa Gillespie

anyone else think mark wahlberg has goddamn weirdly short arms? leik he's actually a dwarf and cgi makes him look normal? Anyone? Anyone?

Thanked by:
Literally Who? (03/02/2011)
Old 11/24/2010   #10
ForceStealer

I'm Batman wrote: Eh, I disagree here. But yeah, the whole premise of the games is to capitalize on old adventure films in game form. A film would never have the same impact.
Well, I was oversimplifying a bit, you're right. It packs all the old school adventure tropes into a game and makes them playable. In a movie it'll just look like...all the old school adventure tropes.

...I don't know if I see that Aki. Are you sure you're taking into account the fact that his belt is not at his waist but rather halfway down his thighs?

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2010   #11
Max Payne

It really pisses me off because the guy has no charisma at all. It perplexes me how he became a "respectable" actor when he's been playng the same shit no personality character since Boogie Nights.
Old 11/24/2010   #12
Alessa Gillespie

I'm Batman wrote: It really pisses me off because the guy has no charisma at all. It perplexes me how he became a "respectable" actor when he's been playng the same shit no personality character since Boogie Nights.
he was in things besides the happening?

because really that was his most memorable role for me

Old 11/24/2010   #13
Max Payne

Geezuz christ the happening is a terrible film
Old 11/24/2010   #14
Alessa Gillespie

ikr

Old 11/24/2010   #15
looneymoon

Remember when they fired Ryan Gosling and cast him in the role of Mr. Salmon in The Lovely Bones? Yeah, I still haven't seen that movie pretty much for that reason.

In some defense of Walhberg, he's not really that bad when he playing his typical typecast roles. Which is basically any movie where he seems to be playing himself. But this does not a good actor make.

This looks like it's going to be another fail video game adaptation movie.

looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Sheva Alomar (11/26/2010)