Are there official weights for the FFVII characters?

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
They have official heights, so what about official weights?
Nonetheless, I'm going to try to guess their weights, based on height and body type.
Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie are 5'4", 5'3", and 5'2", respectively, and are all rather on the thin side, so I'd say all three of them are probably in the 100-130 pound range, though Yuffie could possibly be in the 90s.
Cloud is 5'7", and rather thin, but toned at the same time, so I'd say he's probably some where from 130 to 180 pounds.
Cid is 5'8", according to the most recent official source, and going by AC, seems to be rather on the muscular side, so I'd say he's somewhere from 150 to 210 pounds.
Barret is 6'4" (or was it 6'5"? I can''t remember), and is very buff, and has a robot/gun arm, so his weight is probably in the 300 to 400 pound range, and would likely vary depending on what arm he's using.
Vincent is 6'0", but also seems to be rather skinny, so I'd say he's probably in the 160 to 215 pounds range.
So do they have official weights? And how do you think I did on the weight estimations? And where is cookie monster?
:monster: There he is!

Last edited:

Ghost X

If we use Arnold Schwarzneggar as a benchmark for buff men, he was only 113kg (249lb) in his prime. Heavyweight boxers, with a minimum weight of 200lb wouldn't be much heavier, therefore I don't think Barret would be that heavy. Having a gun arm wouldn't make him any heavier either. Prosthetics should be made to suit one's body.

As far as official weights are concerned though, rather than just speculating since its fantasy and any weight could be attributed to them in canon, I don't have a clue. I wonder if the game manual might have it? I know it had a bunch of other random information.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
:lol: I only just noticed you edited your avi there Ghost!

I dunno about barrets gun arm, I'm sure its pretty hefty...maybe not hugely so but I don't think it would weigh the same as his other forearm. Unless its made out of carbon fibre or something....dunno if carbon fibre would be able to withstand the forces...uh...of being a gun. :hohum:

Anyway, I reckon Tifa might be a bit weightier than 130, maybe even 140, just cos I imagine she has quite a bit of muscle. Yuffie on the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if she was like 90lbs (in FFVII anyway)

Cid, I don't think he could be as much as 230...even in his AC incarnation I think he'd be 180-200 at the most.

Just for the hell of it I'm going to speculate the weights of the Turks

Reno - I reckon (in FFVII at least) hes something like 130 -140

Rude - somewhere between 180 -200

Tseng - 160 -170

Elena - 120 - 130

Rufus 160 - 170

:monster:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
If we use Arnold Schwarzneggar as a benchmark for buff men, he was only 113kg (249lb) in his prime. Heavyweight boxers, with a minimum weight of 200lb wouldn't be much heavier, therefore I don't think Barret would be that heavy. Having a gun arm wouldn't make him any heavier either. Prosthetics should be made to suit one's body.

As far as official weights are concerned though, rather than just speculating since its fantasy and any weight could be attributed to them in canon, I don't have a clue. I wonder if the game manual might have it? I know it had a bunch of other random information.

How tall is Arnold Schwarzneggar? Because we have to take height into account when guessing weight. Barret is 6'4", which is pretty tall. Therefore he would weigh more than someone of his build who was, say, 5'11".
EDIT: Funny how I used 5'11" as an example, since that turns out to be how tall Arnold is. So yeah, I'd say Barret's probably in the 300 to 250 range. Barret seems to be buffer than Arnold.
Oh and Octo, do you know the heights of the Turks? Height is rather important in the estimation of weight.

Last edited:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
:lol: I only just noticed you edited your avi there Ghost!

I dunno about barrets gun arm, I'm sure its pretty hefty...maybe not hugely so but I don't think it would weigh the same as his other forearm. Unless its made out of carbon fibre or something....dunno if carbon fibre would be able to withstand the forces...uh...of being a gun. :hohum:

Anyway, I reckon Tifa might be a bit weightier than 130, maybe even 140, just cos I imagine she has quite a bit of muscle. Yuffie on the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if she was like 90lbs (in FFVII anyway)

Cid, I don't think he could be as much as 230...even in his AC incarnation I think he'd be 180-200 at the most.

Just for the hell of it I'm going to speculate the weights of the Turks

Reno - I reckon (in FFVII at least) hes something like 130 -140

Rude - somewhere between 180 -200

Tseng - 160 -170

Elena - 120 - 130

Rufus 160 - 170

:monster:

Actually, Dissidia 012 shows that Tifa has barely any muscle at all. Her strength comes from her martial arts training.
Here's an image for proof:
Tifa_Dissidia_Cinema.png

That's an FMV image that gives a good look at both her arm and leg, neither of which seem very muscular.
Yeah I guess my range for Cid was a bit large, I think I'll edit it. I guess Yuffie could be as low as 90, so I guess I shoul edit that, too.

Ghost X

arnold-schwarzenegger-chest-workout-routine.jpg
barret-portrait.jpg

Seeing these two pictures in ratio, I'd say Barret is 250lb at maximum. His appearance is even fattier than Arnold's, and fat weighs less than muscle. If you look at Terry Crews, who is probably on par with Barret appearance-wise, he is lighter than Arnold and he is 2 inches taller. I think I'm sticking to my position :P.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Just logged in here to comment about Tifa's muscles (we've been arguing this in the Tifa club too LOL)

Her muscles aren't visible much if she's relaxing or in her in-game models but look at these:

Look at how toned arms are
Tifa_-_012_CG.png

Dem abs
tifa_lockhart_dissidia2011_iii_by_teefann-d35mdn3.png

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
@ Matthew I dont think they ever gave official heights for the turks or rufus. I'm just going with a guestimate. I figure rufus, reno and tseng are all between 5ft10 - 6ft1 and that rude could be as tall as 6ft 4 or something. Elena is probably 5ft3 _5ft6 but this its all just speculation of course :monster:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Just logged in here to comment about Tifa's muscles (we've been arguing this in the Tifa club too LOL)

Her muscles aren't visible much if she's relaxing or in her in-game models but look at these:

Look at how toned arms are
Tifa_-_012_CG.png

Dem abs
tifa_lockhart_dissidia2011_iii_by_teefann-d35mdn3.png
That's not toned. My arms look like that, and I'm a lazy, scrawny teenage boy. And that dem abs picture is blurry. And they don't give her toned abs in her in- battle render:
TifaDuodecimByZerox.png

Dissidia012-TifaAlternate.png

Dissidia012_tifa_amano.png

When they clearly had the ability to do this with in-battle renders, as Sephiroth proves:
sephiroth_-_alt1.png

And Ghost, I was talking about OG Barret, who is fucking HUGE. He clearly slimmed down by about 50 to 100 pounds for AC.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
That's not toned. My arms look like that, and I'm a lazy, scrawny teenage boy. And that dem abs picture is blurry. And they don't give her toned abs in her in- battle render.

Matthew, back in highschool I was a really athletic female and I never got arms as tones as that. Female arms rarely get a shape like that of Tifa, usually our arms are flabby because of the fat stock for pregnancy.

Also, in the battle render she's not kicking so her muscles aren't flexing much in the abdominal area. Look at her at 2:10 when she's waving her arms. She has abs.

When they clearly had the ability to do this with in-battle renders, as Sephiroth proves
Again, Seph's a guy and guys are naturally more toned than women.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Matthew, back in highschool I was a really athletic female and I never got arms as tones as that. Female arms rarely get a shape like that of Tifa, usually our arms are flabby because of the fat stock for pregnancy.

Also, in the battle render she's not kicking so her muscles aren't flexing much in the abdominal area. Look at her at 2:10 when she's waving her arms. She has abs.

Again, Seph's a guy and guys are naturally more toned than women.
Danseru, bend your arm, take a look at your forearm and compare it to that of Tifa's in the pic. I swear her arms are bent in that pic.
And Danseru, regarding that FMV, Tifa's boobs are also the size of her head in it. I don't trust original FFVII when it comes to characters' body proportions, especially not the FMVs.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
^

I just looked at myself with that pose on the mirror and my muscles are still nowhere as tones as that even if I flexed it.

Proportion wise, I know the original models are not the best place. But they took time to put abs on her and that tells something.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

Matthew, her body is toned. See that shadow marking her deltoid muscle in her left arm? And that V line in her abs? That's something you get only if you work out hard enough and it's not a stretch to assume Tifa does just that because she's a fighter.

As for why the muscles aren't so obvious in her (or for the other ladies in general) battle renders , I'm guessing it's for aesthetic purposes. Maybe SE didn't want them to look like she-Hulks. Plus, it saves them the effort.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Matthew, her body is toned. See that shadow marking her deltoid muscle in her left arm? And that V line in her abs? That's something you get only if you work out hard enough and it's not a stretch to assume Tifa does just that because she's a fighter.

As for why the muscles aren't so obvious in her (or for the other ladies in general) battle renders , I'm guessing it's for aesthetic purposes. Maybe SE didn't want them to look like she-Hulks. Plus, it saves them the effort.

That V line is the outline of her hipbones, which just goes to show how skinny she is, and also how low she's wearing that skirt. I have that V line as well. I also have that shadow on my deltoid, and I don't work out at all. And I don't think Tifa needs to work out. I think all that (depending on the era) giving people tours/practicing with Zangan/cleaning up the bar after closing time/walking around from place to place/housework (since we all know she's the one who does the housework, because Cloud probably neither has the time nor knows how to do housework. I also wouldn't be surprised if Tifa likes cleaning, since she seems to be the kind of person who would) we know she does is exercise enough.

In a world where people can fly through the air with the greatest of ease, and even give someone twice their weight (if we include the sword) a gravity-defying boost whilst floating in mid-air, I don't think Tifa needs highly defined muscles in order to punch the lights out of a behemoth. What's more, I don't believe in such a thing as an athletic build. In my school we have tiny little girls with legs like sticks who can kick a soccer ball like Maradona, and big hefty girls who can run like a deer.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
That V line is the outline of her hipbones, which just goes to show how skinny she is, and also how low she's wearing that skirt. I have that V line as well. I also have that shadow on my deltoid, and I don't work out at all.

I seriously doubt that SE would design that V-line and bring out that deltoid just to emphasize how skinny she is. It's more sensible to assume that she has those from toning her muscles because she's a martial artist.

And I don't think Tifa needs to work out. I think all that (depending on the era) giving people tours/practicing with Zangan/cleaning up the bar after closing time/walking around from place to place/housework (since we all know she's the one who does the housework, because Cloud probably neither has the time nor knows how to do housework. I also wouldn't be surprised if Tifa likes cleaning, since she seems to be the kind of person who would) we know she does is exercise enough.

Yeah maybe exercise is the more correct term. My point still stands, though. Her body is toned from practicing martial arts and whatever else it is that she's doing.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Danseru, bend your arm, take a look at your forearm and compare it to that of Tifa's in the pic. I swear her arms are bent in that pic.
And Danseru, regarding that FMV, Tifa's boobs are also the size of her head in it. I don't trust original FFVII when it comes to characters' body proportions, especially not the FMVs.

Human and Gender anatomy. Try learning it before making posts about weight guestimates.

Anyone can say "130-170lbs" because blah blah blah, like really. Your not close at all on most of these.

Top Bottom