Headcanon Theory:The Cetra were very Warlike

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
In another thread there has been discussion that the Cetra although were in harmony with nature actually were very warlike.Mainly because most of the materia used is actually for offensive purposes.Not to mention the fact that the white materia seems to have been created after the black materia.There is also the fact that they tried to hide the black materia well like they knew that someone could possibly find a way to get their hands on it.

The funny thing is Yuffie actually brings up a point with this.Which could be that the history that the Cetra left behind is very much whitewashed.However,thats just a theory but do you think that the Cetra were warlike.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I think this more has to do with that there isn't anything left from the Cetra with the exception of the City and the Temple.

There isn't any evidence Ilfana had a "white-washed" conception of the Cetra either. All of the questions Gast asks here have to do with what the Cetra did about Jenova. The few things she does say about the Cetra are that they were wanderers and that they could hear the Planet. Neither of those things indicates that they were war-like or peaceful.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I think this more has to do with that there isn't anything left from the Cetra with the exception of the City and the Temple.

There isn't any evidence Ilfana had a "white-washed" conception of the Cetra either. All of the questions Gast asks here have to do with what the Cetra did about Jenova. The few things she does say about the Cetra are that they were wanderers and that they could hear the Planet. Neither of those things indicates that they were war-like or peaceful.

Plus that begs the question also were there some Cetra that actually stopped being wanderers and those were the oens that built the ancient city.I was thinking there could have been a fraction between those who stopped being wanderers and the traditional nomadic people.Although this is of course just theory.

Pixel

The Pixie King
They had to battle jenova and seal her away. That could be why they put their conciousness toward offensive magic in materia.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I don't think they were warlike, but I could see them occasionally getting into wars. Cetra aren't perfect, after all. Just look at Aerith, who has her flaws despite what the cleriths want you to believe.

Tsunami Shijo

Detective, Oni Exterminator
AKA
(was) Ruckasck, Jihl Nabaat, Tia Noto Yoko
I don't think the Cetra would've seen a point in killing each other. What do you fight most of the game? That's right, monsters! The offensive magic was probably mostly used to fight dangerous monsters, or probably kill some monsters and animals for food. They just had a different tool set than the humans who had forgotten magic. Monsters didn't all come from ShinRa. Most came from creatures mutated by the Lifestream.

It's also possible that there were other races that were warlike, and the Cetra defended themselves with their magic. The Gi, for example, could easily have existed 2000 years or more ago and waged war on other races such as Nanaki's race as well as the Cetra.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I don't think the Cetra would've seen a point in killing each other. What do you fight most of the game? That's right, monsters! The offensive magic was probably mostly used to fight dangerous monsters, or probably kill some monsters and animals for food. They just had a different tool set than the humans who had forgotten magic. Monsters didn't all come from ShinRa. Most came from creatures mutated by the Lifestream.

It's also possible that there were other races that were warlike, and the Cetra defended themselves with their magic. The Gi, for example, could easily have existed 2000 years or more ago and waged war on other races such as Nanaki's race as well as the Cetra.

Maybe Nanaki's race and the Cetra did go to war once but aftwards made peace.I still wonder if Nanaki's race was close to the Cetra and I wonder why didn't Jenova kill them off.I also wonder if Nanaki's race has any record of their encoutners with the Cetra.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Plus that begs the question also were there some Cetra that actually stopped being wanderers and those were the oens that built the ancient city.

Who says? There's nothing that really suggests the Ancient City being built by the Cetra outliers. Even nomads can do with a main base, especially considering the build of the place; it seems more like a spiritual Mecca and center of their civilization more than anything.

I don't think the Cetra would've seen a point in killing each other

Hilariously enough, you can make a point for human beings, but we kill each other all the time.

Top Bottom