• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Genesis:Unintentionally Unsympathetic

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I think the main reason Genesis is not liked is because even though he was written to be sympathetic he is potrayed in the game as a jerk who causes many of the games problems and gets away with it at the end.

I think that is the real problem with the writing in the game is the fact we are supposed to see Genesis as the woobie but the fact is he comes off unsympathetic because of the fact his selfishness is what started the mess and he is not even punished for it.

Metal Heart

quiet like a fight
I didn't like him! Not because of his attitude, but because of the way he was just thrown into the compilation. I'm not saying that him being there didn't make the story anything bad and I'm not saying that he ruins the story much, but now when I replay FF7, I have to remember Genesis was there too and caused that.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I didn't like him! Not because of his attitude, but because of the way he was just thrown into the compilation. I'm not saying that him being there didn't make the story anything bad and I'm not saying that he ruins the story much, but now when I replay FF7, I have to remember Genesis was there too and caused that.

Of course he is what is called the Creator's Pet which means a character loved by whoever is working on the project but hated by the fans because of the focus put on them.

I just found him to be very unlikable as a character and the akward way he was handled in the story was bad as well.

Splintered

unsavory tart
He's so painfully badly written, it's embarrassing tbh. The overuse of Loveless made it nauseating, I understand what they were trying to do but they failed and only made his dialogue boring to go through.

I never even thought of him as a woobie, but that's probably because whatever they were trying to communicate fell flat on its face. He ended up sounded more like a brat.

But probably the really big thing that caused a lot of fans to turn on him is that this poorly written character got wrapped up into the famous Nibelheim flashback, probably one of the most iconic FF scenes to date. That would be like retconning him into Aerith's death scene, just no.

He's my least favorite FF character, can't you tell?

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yeah,I think he is just a badly written and excuted character that no one really find anything likable about.But yeah my biggiest gripe is the fact that he comes off like a spoiled brat who doesn't care who gets hurt in the process.

Even though I heard he is going to be redeamed in a later title I think that with everything he did in Crisis Core I he should have degraded at the end of the game for all the mess he started.I mean he gets rewarded for doing a lot of horrible stuff and never really regrets doing them.His actions got one friend killed while the other became a psychopath because of it.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Yeah, I don't get it. What's suppose to be so commendable about him. He starts a war on Shinra that involves killing lots of civilians, killed all the townspeople in his hometown, killed his adoptive parents, turned all the SOLDIERS that were willing to defect with him into clones of himself that were inflicted with the same terminal condition that he has, tries to kill Hollander at least twice just for things not going very well for them, screws with Sephiroth's head for the heck of it.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yeah, I don't get it. What's suppose to be so commendable about him. He starts a war on Shinra that involves killing lots of civilians, killed all the townspeople in his hometown, killed his adoptive parents, turned all the SOLDIERS that were willing to defect with him into clones of himself that were inflicted with the same terminal condition that he has, tries to kill Hollander at least twice just for things not going very well for them, screws with Sephiroth's head for the heck of it.
:wallbanger:

Thats what gets me I know they said Sephiroth was never going to be redeamed but why are they willingly to let this guy who did such horrible actions get off scott free.They might just try to excuse it like he is now going to try to be the planet's protector but the point this he has done a lot of despicable things which he never pays for it.Heck,this just makes him a desiganted hero which is a character who is supposed to be heroic but his actions don't back up the claim.I especially hated what he did when he met Sephiroth at the mako reactor because he just cruelly taunts him while he has the gull to ask him for help to cure his illness.I know that after Sephiroth becomes evil we are not supposed to feel sorry for him but I don't get why they are trying to sympathize with such a unlikable jerk like Genesis when he has even less than a good excuse for his actions.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Was Genesis written to be sympathetic? That thought honestly never occurred to me, 'cause he's so not sympathetic in any way.

Yeah,they tried to make him sympathetic and they failed at it so hard that everyone was rooting for him to die in the end.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Genesis_Rhapsodos

I think if you look at the page on the Final Fantasy VII wiki about Genesis that is what they were trying to go for.However,just like you I just find their attempt to try to make him sympathetic not at all convincing.

It just feels he being rewarded for his bad behavior while those who have suffered from his actions take the fall.Yeah,Square when making a character don't them so unlikable and try to pass off as someone we can sympathsize with.

I think he is only getting redeamed because he is Normura's pet character and he is based on Gackt his favortie singer.I find it funny that Normura that he doesn't get why people sympathsize with Sephiroth but he thinks Genesis is one that is worthy of redemption and sympathy.In fact Genesis's selifsh actions are probably what started Sephiroth on the road to darkness.Sephiroth is still evil and still accountable for his actions but Genesis on the other hand just seems to get away with it and is painted as the woobie in the narrative when he just is a self centered brat who will do anything to get what he wants.

Another thing they try to paint with sympathy with the fact that he was trying to find a way to get rid of his condition that was killing him and that he was trying to find a way to be a true hero.However,nothing in his scenes shows that he ever knows what it is to be a hero because of his selfishness that brings down many people as time goes on.They try to paint as he is worthy to be redeamed but the fact is he is really a character who like Sephiroth must pay for their brutal actions.

Last edited:
I agree that Genesis is totally uninteresting and unsympathetic. He is at least in part the result of weak writing. However, it's worth remembering that Zack, our real "hero", has no respect for Genesis. He seems to view Genesis' habit of calling summons to do his fighting for him as a kind of cheating; he finds the harping on about Loveless just as annoying as we do, and is shocked and appalled by what Genesis did to his family and fellow villagers in Banora. Whenever Genesis crops up on the DMW, Zack basically tells him to piss off ("mind your own business"). After escaping from Nibelheim, he pursues Genesis, not to save him, but in search of answers, and he rescues Genesis from the goddess's cave not because Genesis is worth saving but because that's the kind of guy Zack is.

Insofar as we are meant to see the events of Crisis Core through Zack's eyes, I don't think we are meant to see Genesis as sympathetic at all, but as a pathetic, failed wannabe hero.

I cannot get my head around the fact that Genesis seems to have more fans than the Turks do. How? Why? All that awful Genesis fanfiction, gaaaah. Especially Genesis/Cloud. He and Cloud were never even working at Shinra at the same time, for pete's sake. They never met, except that once when Cloud was in his coma.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
All that awful Genesis fanfiction, gaaaah. Especially Genesis/Cloud. He and Cloud were never even working at Shinra at the same time, for pete's sake. They never met, except that once when Cloud was in his coma.

I seem to remember that they were in the same room for about five seconds in Modeoheim.

Yeah, here it is:

Start watching around the 55-second mark. Cloud and Genesis are actually briefly on-screen together:

yV9ep.jpg

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I agree that Genesis is totally uninteresting and unsympathetic. He is at least in part the result of weak writing. However, it's worth remembering that Zack, our real "hero", has no respect for Genesis. He seems to view Genesis' habit of calling summons to do his fighting for him as a kind of cheating; he finds the harping on about Loveless just as annoying as we do, and is shocked and appalled by what Genesis did to his family and fellow villagers in Banora. Whenever Genesis crops up on the DMW, Zack basically tells him to piss off ("mind your own business"). After escaping from Nibelheim, he pursues Genesis, not to save him, but in search of answers, and he rescues Genesis from the goddess's cave not because Genesis is worth saving but because that's the kind of guy Zack is.

Insofar as we are meant to see the events of Crisis Core through Zack's eyes, I don't think we are meant to see Genesis as sympathetic at all, but as a pathetic, failed wannabe hero.

I cannot get my head around the fact that Genesis seems to have more fans than the Turks do. How? Why? All that awful Genesis fanfiction, gaaaah. Especially Genesis/Cloud. He and Cloud were never even working at Shinra at the same time, for pete's sake. They never met, except that once when Cloud was in his coma.

Yeah,I know that Genesis killed his foster parents because of the fact of their involvement with Shinra however I think he comes across as really ungrateful because in my opinion he had everyone and everything good in his life and he has the gull to complain that he was jibbed.

Heck,he could have even asked his Sephiroth nicely to help stop his degradation but no he just goes about it as a jerk and cruelly taunts his friend about his true origins who would have helped him.I don't know about you but it just shows that Genesis just thinks lowly of people and only cares about himself.

I think they should have omitted Genesis and just left in Angeal mainly because I feel although Angeal is a little dry as a character at least he has some sense of honor and likabiltiy.Or even better don't even give Genesis any form of sympathy but just make it be acknowledged that he is a self entitled whiney egotist who destroyed so many people and lives in a self glorifying crusade.

Sorry, Tres; you are right, as always. I suppose that does technically count as "meeting" .

I guess I just missed that blinding look of fatal attraction between Cloud and Genesis in the split second before Cloud ran off to help Tseng. :monster:

Genesis is unintentionally uninteresting.

He performs an act that should be portrayed as on-par with Sephiroth's Nibelheim evil-ishness. But we don't feel the impact of his actions at all because it is only presented to us in expository dialogue.

"Genesis came back here, a month ago, with an army of cohorts. And they proceeded to take the lives of many townspeople." -Angeal's mother

The impression I get is that Genesis, and his copies, killed everyone but Angeal's mother. This macabre action deserves at least some shocking flashbacks, or a pile of bodies to let us see Genesis's doings, or the ground filled with dried up blood, well, ANYTHING. I can't even relate to Angeal's mother. She seems very cut off and distant from the horrible things that must have happened in the village. I feel like she is just an exposition-generator and not an actual character.

Sephiroth burning down Nibelheim had impact not just because the village was relevant to Cloud and Tifa, but because of Sephiroth's ominous theme song, the sight of the village on fire and this classic FMV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=vk6lnFsJ21Q&vq=hd1080

We get none of that with Banora. It's a wasted opportunity to make the player care about what is going on. Banora *should* have been a clear precursor to the Nibelheim incident in terms of how dramatic it feels. Instead we got this dull affair that Chapter 3 in Crisis Core gives us. It's like I'm staring into a wall when I'm playing that chapter.

Me: "So...a lot of people were killed, apparently. .........Hang on a second wall, I'm gonna get some ice cream."

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Genesis is unintentionally uninteresting.

He performs an act that should be portrayed as on-par with Sephiroth's Nibelheim evil-ishness. But we don't feel the impact of his actions at all because it is only presented to us in expository dialogue.

"Genesis came back here, a month ago, with an army of cohorts. And they proceeded to take the lives of many townspeople." -Angeal's mother

The impression I get is that Genesis, and his copies, killed everyone but Angeal's mother. This macabre action deserves at least some shocking flashbacks, or a pile of bodies to let us see Genesis's doings, or the ground filled with dried up blood, well, ANYTHING. I can't even relate to Angeal's mother. She seems very cut off and distant from the horrible things that must have happened in the village. I feel like she is just an exposition-generator and not an actual character.

Sephiroth burning down Nibelheim had impact not just because the village was relevant to Cloud and Tifa, but because of Sephiroth's ominous theme song, the sight of the village on fire and this classic FMV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=vk6lnFsJ21Q&vq=hd1080

We get none of that with Banora. It's a wasted opportunity to make the player care about what is going on. Banora *should* have been a clear precursor to the Nibelheim incident in terms of how dramatic it feels. Instead we got this dull affair that Chapter 3 in Crisis Core gives us. It's like I'm staring into a wall when I'm playing that chapter.

Me: "So...a lot of people were killed, apparently. .........Hang on a second wall, I'm gonna get some ice cream."

Banora was populated by the people formerly associated with Project G. They could have given legit revenge for his creation as a motive. I could've dealt with that. But he turned all the people that deserted SOLDIER with him into terminally ill copies of himself. Sephiroth never resorted to dickmoves like that.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yeah,Genesis does almost exactly the same things that Sephiroth did and probably on a larger scale but for some reason he is still going to be redeamed of his actions.

That is just double standards that I don't understand.Why is it that they believe that Genesis is redeamable when he did the exact same things as Sephiroth?If its just because he is Normura's favored character then that is an example of moral myopia.It would be hypocrtical for Normura to say Sephiroth is pure evil while his favorite character does a lot of those same things and then trys to potray his actions as sympathetic.

In fact I find Genesis more pathetic than sympathetic.I find him pathetic because he goes against Shinra not because of some moral cause but because of self centered motives.He tries to pass himself off as a hero but he really is a glory hog that hates having the spot light off of him.Thats why I don't think even his want to be the planet's protector is sincere because often times his actions have been selfish in nature and to just bring self glory to himself.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I still don't see how you're coming to this conclusion that he was supposed to be sympathetic. Dude murdered his parents, among countless others. Where are you getting this? And where are you getting that Nomura is so obsessed with him that he does all this. Or that he's Nomura's "pet character?" The very wiki that you linked to said that it was Hideki Imaizumi that asked for more involvement on Gackt's part. Also, Nomura doesn't do any of the writing, as much as people like to attribute it to him.

Also, how do you know he's going to be redeemed? Or that he's getting off scott free? Dirge's ending certainly implies that he's evil. And if he's not a villain, I think most don't expect that he'll be on Avalanche's side.

Last edited:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I still don't see how you're coming to this conclusion that he was supposed to be sympathetic. Dude murdered his parents, among countless others. Where are you getting this? And where are you getting that Nomura is so obsessed with him that he does all this. Or that he's Nomura's "pet character?" The very wiki that you linked to said that it was Hideki Imaizumi that asked for more involvement on Gackt's part. Also, Nomura doesn't do any of the writing, as much as people like to attribute it to him.

Also, how do you know he's going to be redeemed? Or that he's getting off scott free? Dirge's ending certainly implies that he's evil. And if he's not a villain, I think most don't expect that he'll be on Avalanche's side.

In an interview that I don't have with me right now one of the developers said that in a later title that Genesis might be redeamed.And maybe I am laying the blame too much on Normura but I think its more of the fault of the writers than him.

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Huh. Wait, wut. Ok, now I am confused, I thought I remembered reading before that Genesis was already redeemed in Dirge of Cerberus and flew off in the ending, saying the planet could call on him in it's time of need or something :huh: Basically that he was grateful for what Minerva did for him and he would serve her/the planet in response. I basically read more or less that the clues to his redemption lay in DoC. Did they internets lie to me? :monster:

Edit - Ah here -

From the Genesis Wiki page - (this poast includes Dirge of Cerberus SPOILERS! :monster:)

Genesis was brought to Deepground, and the two SOLDIERs, Weiss and Nero, attempted to persuade him to join in their rebellion against the Restrictors, current leaders of Deepground. Genesis declined this offer, and sealed himself in a flooded cavern beneath Midgar, awaiting the day he would be needed to protect the world in Sephiroth and Angeal's stead. During the game, Vincent discovers that according to Scarlet's private files, the Tsviets were all spliced with Genesis's cells and subjected to various experiments to see how they reacted.
If the player collects the three "G Reports" hidden throughout the game, the player will get an extra ending. Following Omega's destruction, Weiss's body lays in the flooded cavern, which sends out a shock wave that awakens Genesis. Genesis approaches Weiss and tells him it "is not yet time for slumber" and that they have much work to do. He picks up his "brother," spreads his wing, and flies off into the night. In the Crisis Core Ultimania, it is explained that Genesis has reappeared to protect the Planet, and his final lines in Crisis Core explain his return, but in more of a riddle. Because Dirge of Cerberus is the last chronological entry in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, save for the final scenes of Advent Children Complete, Genesis's current status is unknown.

There was also this
"You're not a monster, you're one of us!"—Zack FairIn the caverns Zack finds the journal of a younger Genesis before his days as a SOLDIER that describes his invention of Banora White apple juice, along with his desire to share his accomplishments with Sephiroth by having him eat a Banora White. Deeper in the caves Zack finds Genesis before a statue of Minerva, presumably the "goddess" spoken of in LOVELESS. Certain that the Goddess Materia in the statue's grasp is the "gift of the goddess," he quotes LOVELESS again - with Zack's arrival, having inherited Angeal's Buster Sword and Sephiroth's cells, the three friends are reunited and LOVELESS is fulfilled.
Believing himself the Hero who has received the goddess's protection, Genesis absorbs the power of the Materia to become Genesis Avatar and engages Zack. When defeated Genesis is returned to human form, fully restored with no signs of his degradation. Zack finally figures out that all Genesis ever wanted was to regain his pride as SOLDIER, and be healed of his degradation. Gathering the last of his strength, Genesis challenges Zack to a final duel as a SOLDIER, and is struck down.
Genesis speaks to Zack before transforming.
20px-210643.png
Added by 694377iDNumbers
Genesis is sent flying back with Zack's final attack, and lands on his feet to find himself in a place flooded with Lifestream. As he looks around, he sees the goddess statue in the distance morph into Minerva. Minerva sees his strong desire to complete his duty as SOLDIER, and as the will of the Lifestream, she allows him to continue living. Weak but alive, Genesis is carried out of the cave. Zack lays him down and retrieves three Banora Whites, taking a bite out of them to fulfill Genesis's dream, though he apologizes for not being "the real thing." Zack questions Genesis as to the apple being the "gift", but Genesis shakes his head. Thanks to his battle with Zack, Genesis is able to truly see what the gift really is: the pride of a SOLDIER. Content with his pride restored and his dream fulfilled, Genesis passes out, and Zack and Cloud move on.

Apparently Genesis was judged and redeemed by Minerva right? (From Minerva's page -
When Zack defeats Genesis in the Banora Underground, Minerva shows herself to Genesis in a vision in the Lifestream. Looking into his soul and seeing his unselfish desire and will to "complete his duty as a SOLDIER" she revives him as a reflection of the Lifestream's will.[1]
Unless there is something about Minerva/the planet's true intentions I don't know :monster:

Last edited:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Huh. Wait, wut. Ok, now I am confused, I thought I remembered reading before that Genesis was already redeemed in Dirge of Cerberus and flew off in the ending, saying the planet could call on him in it's time of need or something :huh: Basically that he was grateful for what Minerva did for him and he would serve her/the planet in response. I basically read more or less that the clues to his redemption lay in DoC. Did they internets lie to me? :monster:

Edit - Ah here -

From the Genesis Wiki page - (this poast includes Dirge of Cerberus SPOILERS! :monster:)

There was also this
"You're not a monster, you're one of us!"—Zack FairIn the caverns Zack finds the journal of a younger Genesis before his days as a SOLDIER that describes his invention of Banora White apple juice, along with his desire to share his accomplishments with Sephiroth by having him eat a Banora White. Deeper in the caves Zack finds Genesis before a statue of Minerva, presumably the "goddess" spoken of in LOVELESS. Certain that the Goddess Materia in the statue's grasp is the "gift of the goddess," he quotes LOVELESS again - with Zack's arrival, having inherited Angeal's Buster Sword and Sephiroth's cells, the three friends are reunited and LOVELESS is fulfilled.
Believing himself the Hero who has received the goddess's protection, Genesis absorbs the power of the Materia to become Genesis Avatar and engages Zack. When defeated Genesis is returned to human form, fully restored with no signs of his degradation. Zack finally figures out that all Genesis ever wanted was to regain his pride as SOLDIER, and be healed of his degradation. Gathering the last of his strength, Genesis challenges Zack to a final duel as a SOLDIER, and is struck down.
Genesis speaks to Zack before transforming.
20px-210643.png
Added by 694377iDNumbers
Genesis is sent flying back with Zack's final attack, and lands on his feet to find himself in a place flooded with Lifestream. As he looks around, he sees the goddess statue in the distance morph into Minerva. Minerva sees his strong desire to complete his duty as SOLDIER, and as the will of the Lifestream, she allows him to continue living. Weak but alive, Genesis is carried out of the cave. Zack lays him down and retrieves three Banora Whites, taking a bite out of them to fulfill Genesis's dream, though he apologizes for not being "the real thing." Zack questions Genesis as to the apple being the "gift", but Genesis shakes his head. Thanks to his battle with Zack, Genesis is able to truly see what the gift really is: the pride of a SOLDIER. Content with his pride restored and his dream fulfilled, Genesis passes out, and Zack and Cloud move on.

Apparently Genesis was judged and redeemed by Minerva right? (From Minerva's page -
When Zack defeats Genesis in the Banora Underground, Minerva shows herself to Genesis in a vision in the Lifestream. Looking into his soul and seeing his unselfish desire and will to "complete his duty as a SOLDIER" she revives him as a reflection of the Lifestream's will.[1]
Unless there is something about Minerva/the planet's true intentions I don't know :monster:
:wallbanger:
Biggiest problem with the writing is show don't tell and informed ability.They tried to pass his honor as a soldier as him being unselfish when all throughout the game he has been nothing be self centered.That is strong bad writing right there because that is a weak attempt at making him sympathetic because it comes at the near end and it just seems half baked.I don't know about you Minerva has a horrible judge of character when it comes to Genesis especially if she thinks he is selfless which is certainly is not.

So,thats my problem there they tried to pass off Genesis's pride as being something sympathetic when it just makes him look like a jerkish brat who got what he wanted in the end with no punishment.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
What I got from Genesis (and Angeal) is that Sephrioth was not alone in freaking out and killing a lot of people after he found out he was an experiment. I think Genesis and Angeal were developed not to be strong characters in their own rights, but to be foils for Sephiroth. All three of them react pretty much the same way after finding out they were experiments. However, the level to which they go varies a lot. Angeal can't deal with what he sees as his inhumanity at all and has Zack kill him, Genesis wants to be healed of his inhumanity, and Sephiroth embraces his inhumanity and wants to become a god. What Genesis and Angeal show is that there is a lot of other stuff Sephiroth could have done that do not result with him trying to take over the Planet.

Banora vs. Nibelhiem
There's a difference between Genesis killing off everyone in Banora and Sephrioth killing off everyone in Nibelhiem. Banora was designed for the express purpose of Project G and Genesis and Angeal were raised there because Shinra wanted to keep an eye on them. So Genesis is most likely killing off people he personally knew and who in his mind have been lying to him since birth; he isn't killing off a bunch of random people like Sephrioth is at Nibelhiem. It would be as if the first group of people Sephiroth killed after finding out he was an experiment is Hojo, Gast, Lucrecia and all their lab assistants as well as anyone else who raised him. (And how many of us would have a problem if that had happened?)

Speaking of Lucrecia, Gillian reminds me of her. I think they're foils of each other as well. Both of them let themselves be experimented on, and because of this, their kids are pretty much time-bombs waiting to go off. Only unlike Lucrecia, Gillian actually has the guts to pull a Gast and leave Shinra before they're through with her. She also gets to raise her son and influence him. Despite all this, Angeal ends up paying for her mistakes and is ashamed of what she did. This goes quite a way to show that if Lucrecia had been there, nothing necessarily would have changed.

As far as how unsympathetic/irritating Genesis is, I found he wasn't as bad in the Japanese version of CC. Actually, that goes for pretty much everybody.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Very insightful analysis there, Obsidian. Never thought of it that way. Makes you wonder why Gillian was able to kill herself when Lucrecia couldn't.

A couple of corrections regarding Banora, though: The town began as a Shin-Ra mining facility and later became independent when Shin-Ra lost interest in the excavation.

As well, most of the villagers were unaware that Genesis, Angeal and Gillian were connected with Shin-Ra. What Genesis did there is no different than what Sephiroth did in Nibelheim.

This info comes from here:
http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii/340/crisis-core-ultimania-scenario-qa/

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Very insightful analysis there, Obsidian. Never thought of it that way. Makes you wonder why Gillian was able to kill herself when Lucrecia couldn't.

A couple of corrections regarding Banora, though: The town began as a Shin-Ra mining facility and later became independent when Shin-Ra lost interest in the excavation.

As well, most of the villagers were unaware that Genesis, Angeal and Gillian were connected with Shin-Ra. What Genesis did there is no different than what Sephiroth did in Nibelheim.

This info comes from here:
http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii/340/crisis-core-ultimania-scenario-qa/

So,Genesis should not have gotten off the hook that easy.But yeah I think he should have degraded at the end for all the mess he caused.

Top Bottom