FFXII Zodiac

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Just because I like these sort of things. :awesome: Simple but fun. To me anyway....
Anyway, use your zodiac sign to determine which Esper you get and which job you would have if you were in Ivalice. Based on the FFXII International version, with the individual license boards correlating to the zodiac.

Aries * White Mage -- Uses Rods and White Magicks ** Belias, The Gigas -
latest

Taurus * Uhlan -- Uses Spears ** Chaos, Walker of the Wheel -
latest

Gemini * Machinist -- Uses Guns and Measures ** Zalera, the Death Seraph -
Zalera.png

Cancer * Red Mage -- Uses Maces and various Magick types, with exclusive access to Arcane Magicks ** Zeromus, The Condemner -

Leo * Knight -- Uses Swords and Greatswords ** Hashmal, Bringer of Order -
Hashmal.jpg

Virgo * Monk -- Uses Poles and capable of barehanded combat ** Ultima, The High Seraph -
latest

Libra * Time Mage --Uses Crossbows and Time Magicks ** Exodus, The Judge-Sal -
Exodus-ffxii-battle.png

Scorpio * Breaker -- Uses Axes, Hammers, and Hand-Bombs ** Cuchulainn, The Impure -
latest

Sagittarius * Archer -- Uses Bows and Technicks ** Shemhazai, The Whisperer -
Shemhazai.jpg

Capricorn * Black Mage -- Uses Staves and Black Magicks ** Adrammelech, The Wroth -
Adrammelech.jpg

Aquarius * Samurai -- Uses Katanas ** Famfrit, The Darkening Clouds -
latest

Pisces * Hunter -- Uses Daggers and Ninja Swords ** Mateus, The Corrupt -
post-24482-1178552342.jpg

Holy crap I actually like mine. I'm Cancer, so I'm a Red Mage. Also, Zeromus is cool. :awesome:

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm a Libra, but I don't really use the Eidolons Espers in Final Fantasy XII, because I think they're pretty terrible. In my most recent playthrough I didn't even unlock them on the license board until I reached the Gate Gigas in the Feywood. And I'm not sure I've ever summoned Exodus. Still, bumping into him by accident on the Mosphoran Highwaste - and then getting my butt stomped and having to go on an Antlion-shaped detour to get a weapon that would actually do any damage to him - was fun. Seriously. :awesome: I love how much there is to find, and how death waits around every corner, when you're playing XII.

Time magic is awesome as well; haste is usually one of the best spells in any Final Fantasy game.

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Well, the summoning in XII is quite useless in most cases :awesome: I only ever used one so far in this recent playthrough that actually did something to a fire-weak Hunt, and it was Belias, shortly after I got him.
but I did love Exodus's fight, because it was definitely unique and challenging as hell. I barely beat him...after fighting for like 2 hours. I was under-leveled, but challenges are fun. :monster:

So we have a Red Mage and a Time Mage so far. Next person who comments could round out the party. Or screw it up. :awesome:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Holy crap I actually like mine. I'm Cancer, so I'm a Red Mage. Also, Zeromus is cool. :awesome:
Ditto! No complaints here, Red Mage is like my favourite job.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
Espers can't be debuffed, plus they're kind of handy tanks while you revive and heal your reserves if they're fallen. Plus Belias is super useful against Vossler if you have problems with him.

Other than that... never really used them :P

(I like how they made Zodiark the 13th Zodiac esper. There is 13 zodiac signs after all.)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Virgo * Monk -- Uses Poles and capable of barehanded combat ** Ultima, The High Seraph

I've always loved that Ultima corresponded to my sign; she's my favorite summon. :awesome:

I only ever used Summons as a sort of last ditch effort, or when I decided to be foolhardy and hunt Marks that were way out of my league. But for normal bosses, not really.

As for my class, Monk--I'll take it.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Espers can't be debuffed, plus they're kind of handy tanks while you revive and heal your reserves if they're fallen. Plus Belias is super useful against Vossler if you have problems with him.

(I like how they made Zodiark the 13th Zodiac esper. There is 13 zodiac signs after all.)

I wish I could include Zodiark, but how does anyone even get the 13th zodiac sign? :wacky:
Waaaaiiiit, you never said which one you are. :awesome:

i'm a capricorn but i can't remember what that esper looked like :sadpanda:

He's one of the coolest looking Espers in XII, I think:
Adrammelech.jpg

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
(Virgo)

YES! I get to be a monk AND have the most baddest-assiest esper of them all...ULTIMAAAAA. :monster:

I think Adrammelech is actually my favorite Esper though. :3
Or Cuchulainn because of the mythology behind the name.

Lex

Administrator

I wish I could include Zodiark, but how does anyone even get the 13th zodiac sign? :wacky:

Adrammelech.jpg

Adrammelech is my favourite esper by far in FFXII. It's a shame by the time you get him he's completely useless, and trying to get him early is nigh on impossible with all the skeleton enemies constantly spawning. That's a really irritating fight.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

Adrammelech.jpg

Adrammelech is my favourite esper by far in FFXII. It's a shame by the time you get him he's completely useless, and trying to get him early is nigh on impossible with all the skeleton enemies constantly spawning. That's a really irritating fight.

Really? I don't remember having trouble getting Adrammelech. I got him on my second playthrough of the game after we had visited Jahara. I remember having to whip out Belias for part of the fight, but I don't remember having a lot of trouble getting him.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Adrammelech himself wasn't super tough, but those zombies made the fight sort of a nightmare this time around for me. I was under-leved, but it was a fun challenge. Almost lost, actually. :awesome:
I tried summoning Exodus to help me out (weird but I actually got him before Adrammelech), but he sucked, he was defeated without hardly doing any damage at all.

Lex

Administrator
Well yeah that's the thing, depleting his HP is super easy but keeping your own HP up with those fucking annoying skeletons and having to deal with his big attack every 10 seconds just screws you over.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I do recall getting Adrammelech early on in my first playthrough after accidentally bumping into him and getting beaten a few times. But in the long run, he's far more useful to keep around as a source of High Arcana.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I'm guessing you can steal High Arcana from him inevitably?
Come to think of it I haven't summoned him yet. I should try him out (in Giruvegan and his ass will get kicked but oh well)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm not sure "inevitably" is the word you were looking for there... "infinitely", perhaps? If so, yes: by zoning in and out of the Athroza Quicksands, you can steal as many High Arcana as you like. High Arcana are needed to create Empyreal Souls and Serpentarii, which are both needed to create the Tournesol, one of the best weapons in the game.

Lex

Administrator
The last time I played FFXII I got the Wyrmhero Blade. It's fucking terrible. I love the noise it makes though.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm not sure "inevitably" is the word you were looking for there... "infinitely", perhaps? If so, yes: by zoning in and out of the Athroza Quicksands, you can steal as many High Arcana as you like. High Arcana are needed to create Empyreal Souls and Serpentarii, which are both needed to create the Tournesol, one of the best weapons in the game.

Oh gosh, yes that's the word. I thought I typed that, but I was using my iPad and so it must've autocorrected for me. :awesome:

I'm guessing stealing them from him just makes making the Tournesol easier?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Yes, much easier. It's pretty much the hardest item to create at the bazaar. If I recall correctly, the other Esper-bosses have High Arcana as well, but only one apiece, since dezoning isn't possible with them.

Top Bottom