100 x 100 avatars stretch.

Wilhelm.

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I assume the forum's adding a default width/height, likely a setting in the ACP.

EDIT: I think it has to do w/ off-site linked avatars.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Sweet mother of god...

Anyways, yeah, I find the avatar size a little prohibitive. Any way of increasing it slightly (not too much though, I hate big, gaudy avvies).

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I prefer the standard 100x100. Any bigger than that and you risk getting something that looks terrible.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Upgrading the (already pretty awesome) avatar limits would reduce the available space for poasts themselves (plus require a layout edit due to the text jumping bug thingy we had earlier), but it could be done if there's enough demand for it.

I'm not in favor of it though, my Cthulhu avatar works, and that's all that really matters, :monster:.

Edit: I've edited some settings. Oversized avatars (and maybe undersized ones?) were resized using HTML height and width tags, guess that didn't work properly :monster:.

I've changed the setting so that oversized avatars get downloaded onto TLS, resized, and used on there. There's no bandwidth or storage limit on this host, so it doesn't make any difference to us.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
That sounds good to me, personally. I'd rather have it auto-resized to the limits required rather than having to keep trying avvies or getting some PM from a staffer saying my latest avvie was too big.

Convenience and all that. I like it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There's two other alternatives btw, one's having Javascript resize it (which might give more predictable results, I dunno) or just refusing an oversized avatar. Although the issue here is undersized avatars, so I don't think that would make any difference.

Top Bottom