2014 EGX or Eurogamer Expo

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Curious to know if anyone from the UK will be heading to EGX this year? Myself and Ami went last year and it was fantastic, we got to play on the PS4 and Xbox Juan before the general public which was pretty sweet.

We are heading back again this year for the full four days and we are curious if anyone is going or would like to go. It would be awesome if members of the forum could get together IRL at some point and do something awesome, Namely play games.

http://www.egxlondon.net/

Tickets for the 4 days are around £50 plus travel and hotel and of course spending money but it's worth every penny!

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
^I've always wanted to go the Expo, college and finances have been preventing me for the last 3 years. We should form an alliance of members from the UK/Ireland/Europe, meet and ferment at the Expo and take a giant group picture collectively flipping off our American fellow members for their having E3 every year. Then they can do the same, at which point the site will be divided into East and West creating a new Cold War that will only be ended when a Secret Agent with a mullet infiltrates the jungle that is the forums and embarks on a life changing journey of discovery, betrayal and cardboard boxes.

I've been playing too much Metal Gear ¬_¬

Seriously though, would love to head to this

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
We headed there for the first time last year and it was so brilliant. There was always something new to do. As well as the games, we just couldn't keep away from the merchandise. The amount of current and retro games there available to play was so immense. Plus, there were so many goodies being chucked in our faces!

Speaking of goodies, I remember how Xbox t-shirts were being thrown out to the crowd and a few people actually fought over them. I got punched in the gut by accident because we were pretty near them. :(

But don't let that put you off, 99% of the gamers there are so lovely. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The other 1% is Ami. :monster:

Fuck off with your European shit, I'll stick with my E3 and Pax. :wacky:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
You know what, and to think I almost thanked you there. Keep your shit, ours is better. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I'm going to try to go with you guys this year. This obviously depends on how readily employable I am when I graduate :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Because you're totally not trying to go to E3 right? :monster:
I'm not going at all. It's too impossible. Easier for you since you're close, but you do realise that the flights cost hundreds of pounds and then there's the accommodation, food, etc?

For everything - ticket, travel, accommodation, food - it only cost me what it would cost for a one-way plane ticket to New York. Now admittedly, Marcus and I could've planned it a bit better last year with accommodation pricing, but it wasn't too bad for the first time down there. We're thinking of getting everything booked as soon as we get the tickets, if not a bit after.

I'm going to try to go with you guys this year. This obviously depends on how readily employable I am when I graduate :monster:
I'd highly recommend you fly down. It's not as expensive as you think. I paid £100 for both ways. And once you land at Heathrow, you can easily get a tube to Earls Court (presuming that's where you'll stay; we did, as it's so close to the venue) that takes about another hour or so.

But hoping anyone can join us! It'd be great to organise something this year.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Tets, I can't recommend it enough. There were 70,000 at last year's event. I think it cost us around £50 for the four-day tickets, plus early access getting in at 10am as opposed to 11am when everyone else gets in. You really can't go wrong, as there's loads to do. Plus, there are loads of hotels within walking distance of the venue.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Tickets are now onsale, guys!

Marcus and I already have our 4-day passes. If anyone still wants to come, you're more than welcome to. We've planned to go with at least three other people from Gamerspective so far. Saturday and Sunday are sold out, but there's still a chance to get 4-day passes.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Tickets bought.

tumblr_m4pg6iIKWH1ruoh2jo1_400.jpg

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
It has been an absolute nightmare applying for this and they won't even accept my credit card for some reason. Right now at best I have press passes for 2 days.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
It's getting closer and closer now. I know it's only four months, but that time will pass quickly with E3 and Gamescom flying by. Marcus and I are now discussing booking a hotel. As far as we know, there are five of us from the Gamerspective team attending (myself, Marcus, Tony, Sean, Joe) and so we're hopefully going to book in the same hotel at a reasonable price.

Question is, anyone going? Because if you are, then feel free to let us know and we can get a group booking happening. We're aiming to be doing this by the end of the month.

Top Bottom