Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Final Fantasy XII / Zodiac Age

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
We all know the drill.

Rule:

1. Gonna run this for a week.
2. Results are final.
3. You can only vote for one.
4. Vote ties? Coin toss.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Booyah, biatches. :awesome:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I won't have a PS4 so my vote has to be X.

edit: Quick! Somebody vote XII! I can't be the deciding vote!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay but why don't we just decide to do XII when it is released and then X a few months later in the fall around the time we would probably do the next one anyway?

I...think this makes sense, yes? :P

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Okay but why don't we just decide to do XII when it is released and then X a few months later in the fall around the time we would probably do the next one anyway?

I...think this makes sense, yes? :P

You suggested this back in the main voting too and I brought up a few other ways of possibly handling it but, obviously there are other considerations.

1. Doing a community playthrough in the fall would run into some other community events and possibly even the TLS Awards.

2. I originally thought the plan was to do Tactics in the Winter and then defer the only barely missed Final Fantasy X now, but it was determined that we put it to a vote. As such we need to be beholden to that vote.

3. As others have pointed out, just because there is no community playthrough for XII (assuming it loses) doesn't mean it will prohibit or diminsh people from playing.

4. Community engagement is kind of an issue around here and I don't want anybody getting playthroughers fatigue.

tl;dr - We have a vote and while it won't make everybody happy we have to just stick by it. I even brought up other possibilities like two separate playthroughs run at the same time but they all have those same problems.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I wish I could say I voted for X just because it's my favorite (and it is!), but that would be a lie.

I mostly did it for the lulz

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
It's from E3 a few years ago, unless I'm mistaken. People were, as usual, hoping for a Final Fantasy VII Remake announcement. Then Shinji Hashimoto got up on stage and presented a trailer for yet another re-release of the original game. It felt like he was taunting us. Hence the name.

Of course, we now know that he knew that the Remake actually was in development and SE just didn't want to announce it yet. Which arguably makes it even worse.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think it might have been a Sony-specific event rather than E3, but either way, that is the story.

I mean, I'd rather play ffxii, but... :oscar:

giphy.gif

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
idk I legitimately love FFX as my favorite main series FF

plus it would kind of motivate me to finish getting that platinum :/

plus PLUS my one vote wouldn't have made a difference!

Top Bottom