• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

2017 Summer Community Playthrough - Tiebreaker

Which game should we play this summer?

• Final Fantasy X

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Final Fantasy XII / Zodiac Age

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You fuckers couldn't have let me have X in the past, noooooo. You wait until the XII remaster is about to drop to finally do it.

:mal:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
idk I legitimately love FFX as my favorite main series FF

I like X better than XII too, that's not the point.

You fuckers couldn't have let me have X in the past, noooooo. You wait until the XII remaster is about to drop to finally do it.

:mal:

Right? We will have now failed to capitalize on both PS2 remaster releases.

Well, I guess this is another community playthrough I'll have to skip. :awesomonster:

Don't think you're off the hook for Tactics, missy!

plus PLUS my one vote wouldn't have made a difference!

About that...

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
I was really hoping we'd choose X last time, but since it wasn't chosen then, I'm pushing it further ahead in the polls now. I won't be able to join the playthrough until August but I'm already at the Calm Lands in my current playthrough, so perhaps you guys will have caught up by then and I can join everyone. :)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The salt in this thread is so real.

vztc6Bw.gif

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I was really hoping we'd choose X last time, but since it wasn't chosen then, I'm pushing it further ahead in the polls now. I won't be able to join the playthrough until August but I'm already at the Calm Lands in my current playthrough, so perhaps you guys will have caught up by then and I can join everyone. :)

You know...

Since you have to wait anyway...

XII is the better choice. Because then we can start that when Zodiac Age comes out and be done by the time you are ready for X. :monster:

And don't try to dissuade me, JT. You know this is a good idea.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
XII is the better choice. Because then we can start that when Zodiac Age comes out and be done by the time you are ready for X. :monster:

And don't try to dissuade me, JT. You know this is a good idea.

Regardless the official community playthrough will go with whatever the vote determines, be it X or XII.

If anybody wants to create an "unofficial" community playthrough, I can't stop them though. :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
My apologies to the XII crowd but the vote is decisive. The community playthrough for Summer 2017 will be Final Fantasy X. We will begin on July 1st. I can actually handle this one's chapterage.

Thank you all for voting.

Chapter 1: Opening to Leaving Besaid Island
Chapter 2: Kilika Sin Fight to Beating Luca Goers
Chapter 3: Mi'ihen Highroad to Djose Temple
Chapter 4: Moonflow to Macalania Travel Agency
Chapter 5: Macalania Fight / Temple to airship escape.
Chapter 6: Bevelle Raid to Macalania Forest second.
Chapter 7: Calm Lands to Gagazet fight.
Chapter 8: Top of Gagazet through Zanarkand.
Chapter 9: Digressing and Sidequesting
Chapter 10: Sin to the End.

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
If meg had voted for XII this would have come down to a coinflip.
that was what I was trying to do in the first place

THE HORRIBLE IRONY IS NOT LOST ON ME

ed: the fact that flint mentioned this on the next page, however, was <_<

ed 2:

Chapter 1: Opening to Leaving Besaid Island
Chapter 2: Kilika Sin Fight to Beating Luca Goers
Chapter 3: Mi'ihen Highroad to Djose Temple
Chapter 4: Moonflow to Macalania Travel Agency
Chapter 5: Macalania Fight / Temple to airship escape.
Chapter 6: Bevelle Raid to Macalania Forest second.
Chapter 7: Calm Lands to Gagazet fight.
Chapter 8: Top of Gagazet through Zanarkand.
Chapter 9: Digressing and Sidequesting
Chapter 10: Sin to the End.

How about this, assuming you're still going for ten chapters?

1. Opening to Kilika Temple (Ifrit acquired)
2. Leaving Kilika to Mi'ihen Highroad (end)
3. Operation Mi'ihen to Moonflow
4. Guadosalam to Macalania Temple (Seymour)
5. Macalania to Bevelle escape
6. Calm Lands to Gagazet (Seymour)
7. Zanarkand
8. Sidequests part 1
9. Sidequests part 2
10. End

The vast number of things that falls under the category of sidequests is going to take a lot of time, whether it's capturing 10 of every monster to unlock Nemesis, beating the Dark Aeons, or what have you. I think making that two is a good idea on its own. That being said, the last part, which obviously has to be the end of the game, is going to be by far the shortest, because from the time you start fighting Sin to the actual final boss is the shortest section of game...in the game.

Alternately, just be aware that your chapters 3 and 4 are very long in terms of game time ;), though the rest looks pretty solid (esp the last few).

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Can't wait to get the ball rolling on this one, finally got the opportunity to stream this like I always wanted to! :awesome:

Top Bottom