Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Okay it's voting time and we have 13 possible entries, and surprisingly Non-FF entries outnumber the FF ones. (I'm going to assume that Cory In The House was a joke nom, :monster:)

Once again setting the proverbial timer for 10 days meaning the 19th is the final day to vote (I'll just set a timer on the poll). As usual if there's a tie we'll have a tiebreaker voting round, then a tiebreaker breaker if needed.

Make with the votes ya'll. :thor:

Rules:

1. You are allowed multiple votes.
2. Vote for only the games you will be able to play.
3. Votes are final.
4. Votes will not be accepted once the polls close.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
6 Days to Go and we've got FFXII and FFX tied at 6 votes each. Could this be a sign of end times? Keep your votes coming people!

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I'm a little disappointed Dirge isn't doing better. I wouldn't mind playing through that again. It's been awhile.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
TLS'ers are overambitious. I know not EVERYONE will be playing them, but between Stormblood and Zodiac Age, anyone who thinks they'll also be able to make time for FFX is fooling themselves :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I don't really have money for Zodiac Age, so it'll just be balanced with XIV for me :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
TLS'ers are overambitious. I know not EVERYONE will be playing them, but between Stormblood and Zodiac Age, anyone who thinks they'll also be able to make time for FFX is fooling themselves :monster:
tumblr_inline_n4m5yj9nMP1qa7k0a.gif

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I voted for a few, including XII and X, but would love to play the latter more - purely because I've been wanting to do a stream playthrough for a good few weeks now and this would finally give me the motivation to do it! :awesome:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Here's an idea. 20 votes and the votes seem to be split between X and XII for the most part.

Is it theoretically possible to run two simultaneous community playthroughs? One for folks who want to do X and one for folks who want to do XII? That way if you can't / don't want to do one you have the option of another?

And since we'd have two separate people doing the checkpoints (I'd do the one for X and maybe like Fangu for the XII) it wouldn't overburden one person.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
While it sounds good, as we know, it can be pretty tough to keep a group focused on one game, much less having the board's attention divided.

I was merely campaigning, I'm not looking to force you to change your plans again :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
^ I'd actually been thinking something along these lines for a while, no need to feel guilty lol. My thought process is the board will already be split amongst those who are and are not participating in whichever game is played so if we have both running simultaneously but separately (a term alarmingly similar to "separate but equal" which I am now going to try and backpedal from :monster:) we might see more overall participation and nobody will feel left out or annoyed at being forced to wait.

Or the whole thing could collapse in a cataclysm of disinterest and failure, which I am no stranger to :wacky:.

We could also have a third playthrough in the fall as somebody else mentioned I'm just worried that might interfere with some of the other plans for that time of the year such as this fan thing I want to try and do, Mithril Mines and of course the TLS Awards. Then again it's arguably no more juggling than what I'm proposing.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
You can't please all of the people all of the time. I say just play the winner and be done with it. :P People will play the games they want to play even if there's no community playthrough for them.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
You can't please all of the people all of the time. I say just play the winner and be done with it. :P People will play the games they want to play even if there's no community playthrough for them.

That's the other way of looking at it. I feel we've had this convo before but I am always up for discussion. Though I'll concede that perhaps the best time to discuss changing the formula is not during the voting periods.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Okay how about this:

XII at release and X in the fall?

You'd need to have two different master of ceremonies to moderate discussions on the two different games, and set the goals. I really do want X, but I'm not gonna ask to make the program twice as hard just to get my way.
I'm already getting a little intimidated trying to be the host for Slumber Party, so I don't begrudge anyone who wants to run a program for trying to keep it streamlined.

There's always the fall.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'd prefer not to do two playthroughs at the same time purely because I seriously want to play both games as a community playthrough. :lol: I'm more in a X mood right now, it's just my hope to do both as a playthrough this year if possible.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Okay how about this:

XII at release and X in the fall?

NEVAAAAAAAAAH

Though not a bad idea - or the dual playthrough - but then you risk forcing people who WANT to play both to choose, like poor Flare lol.

I'm not bothered either way, I obviously have my qualms with XII but it's no biggie - I don't even know where my PS2 copy is either :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I threw in a vote for XII to keep it interesting. ;) Also votes for Chrono Cross and Ni No Kuni but they have no chance.

Top Bottom