• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

30 days of FF meme (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
At that point, I don't think any of them had showered in weeks. The stale smell of a dusty mothball man would have been like a breath of fresh air compared to Cloud's smelly pits.

Sucks for the people who were suckered into buying that Cloud eau de toilette eh?

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
FF1 Light Warrior and Cosmos. Even though there's White Mage, and Princess Sara in FF1. I just like LW x Cosmos the best for Warrior, even though this relationship could only exist in the Dissidia realm. It's just the way, that Warrior protects Cosmos like a knight in shining amour. It's incredibly romantic. Plus, I reckon that the White Mage is a guy.

FF2 Firion and Lady Hilda. Okay, well Hilda is engaged to somebody else, I think Richard ? I still like Firion being with Hilda the best. Most people pair him up with Maria, and while Maria is cool, Maria is Firion's adopted sister, which is kind of, off-putting... I guess you could pair Firion up with that Pirate chick, but the way Firion looked when he thought that the fake Hilda wanted to do some 'sexy times' with him, it spells out something more.

FF3 Sarah and Ingus are the only canon couple in this game, and don't really have a fandom pairing, so I like this pairing in FF3 the best. Plus Ingus is so cute and shy, and you can tell that he really loves Sarah. They make a sweet relationship, and can defiantly seem them lasting in the future.

FF4. I don't really have a fav pairing in this game. I don't like Cecil x Rosa because of Kain. Okay, Cecil and Rosa are very cute and romantic together, but... poor Kain. >:

FF5. Bartz x Fairs defiantly. The way Bartz looked when he saw Fairs sleeping, and first saw her as a female, he lit up like a firecracker. Plus he even told Fairs that he liked her the way that she was. <3<3 Not only that, but when Bartz was down in the dumps about his Father's death, Fairs was there to support him and she understood how he felt completely.

FF6. Celes x Locke, and Leo x Terra. Even though Leo is 30 and Terra is 18, I still believe that they had something there. The chat that they had on the boat together, seemed kind of passionate and understanding. Plus when Terra finally understands love, and what it means she says " I think I understand what you meant Leo ". It's a shame that Kefka gets in the way, of anything happening between them. >:
Celes and Locke is just plain sweet. Locke breaks Celes's cold and tough amour and she just melts whenever Locke is around. <3 Pure Love.

FF7. Aeris x Tifa. I've been a Clack for a while, but I'm starting to favor AerTi more. They just look so damn hot together in fanart, and they really care for each other. I reckon that Aeris was just pretending to like Cloud, but deep inside, she really wanted some Tifa. xD';

FF8. This may sound strange, but my fav FF8 pairing is Selphie x Squall. Just Selphie's bright and happy-go-lucky seems to brighten up Squall's moody attitude.It's like Light x Dark, positive x negative. And they say that opposites attract ! Plus Squall didn't mind Selphie hanging around you know, he never said or thought "you're annoying '' or ''go away ''.

FF9. Zidane and Garnet for sure. I actually thought that they weren't going to get together at first, but then they just seemed to understand each other, and develop. It's the polar opposite of the Squall x Rinoa relationship. It's wasn't OMG I LOVE YOU ! so suddenly, it took days, time, fights, and drama for them to come together, It just seems so... real.

FF10. Again, no fav pairings. I have nooo idea, why Yuna ends up with Tidus. If I was Yuna, I would go lesbian with lulu.

FF12. Penelo x Larsa. I didn't see Penelo x Vaan. To be honest, I find Penelo x Vaan kind of boring. xD

FF13. No fav pairings.

Dissidia. Tifa x Kain ! I just love it when Ultimeca says "why don't you ask, you're knight in shining amour " ! It's like... Ultimeca brings them together. <3

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Even if we're going on "Age is a measure of experience and maturity" that still puts Vincent at 60 and Shelke at 19. Which is less morally reprehensible but still unsettling.

Vincent at 60 for maturity and life experience? We are talking about a guy who locked himself in a coffin for at least 25 years over something he wasn't even responsbile for. =P

In any event, we are definitely talking about two very socially stunted people -- for all we know, his brief interaction with Veld and whatever Turk accompanied him during that mission in Before Crisis was the only conversation Vincent had between getting shot by Hojo and meeting Cloud. For her part, Shelke spent 10 years in Deepground. Even with some peeps to talk to, that couldn't have done a lot for her personality -- especially since they probably weren't talking about the previous night's episode of "Lost" or anything like that.

Maybe it's the socially awkward elements of both of them that make them work so well to me. Because I can relate to years of isolation and notions of beginning a new life as a social butterfly myself, those characters whose chronological ages don't match up with their psychological ages are very appealing to me -- so sticking a couple of them together is interesting as well.

Of course, it's equally appropriate in my eyes to stick someone like Vincent with someone like Yuffie. :monster: I guess I like ShelkexVince more because I've had so many years to know the character of Vincent now and picture him evolving beyond where he was when Cloud and co. dug him out of that basement -- so in my mind, he should already be past needing to be fixed.

He finally even has a phone of his own, so his friends can call him. =)

Since he doesn't need the assistance in becoming normal quite so much anymore, now it's his turn to help Shelke do the same.

You're a sick fucking pedo! :@ :@ :@

Sheesh. You sound just like the moms at Chuck E. Cheese's.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Err, pedos aside....

Day 22 – Favourite Final Fantasy summon.

From the long running ones, it has to be Bahamut, It was always one of the most powerful and useful Summons and its design is always awesome specially the FFIX and FFX versions. I also like Alexander quite a lot, and its FFIX itineration was beyond epic.

Game-exclusives, I liked VII’s Neo-Bahamut, IX’s Madeen, X’s Valefor and Anima and Ivalice’s Ultima and Shemazai.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Probably FFIX's bahamut for (you guessed it) it's role in the story. Although I have a soft spot for Choco/Mog because it was the first one I ever saw and I was like "HOLY SHIT WHAT IS HAPPENING!?"

I find it interesting to note that in FF7, once you get spells like Fire3 summons become pretty weak (unless it's KotR), so they stop becoming useful at all. But in FF8, I used GFs almost non-stop because they were useful (as in it didn't hurt my stats to use them). Summons are a tricky game mechanic, you have to make them somehow more useful than regular spells but with a bigger price. I think Tactics did this very well.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Tactics did have a good balance between the two, but I felt like any kind of charged attack became obsolete at least by the time you fight Velius (speed is a factor in that battle). When you can use the Two Swords technique and have a Save the Queen, Ragnarok, Chaos Blade or Rune Blade in one hand, and the same in the other (or even no swords at all if you're using Two Swords with a Monk), it's difficult to justify anything that isn't an instant attack, I think.

What say you, Ite? Your insight is never less than valuable.

I haven't decided which summon I'm going to pick (I'm actually about to post my "best hair" pick, and still have my day to pick a favorite couple tomorrow), but I see me probably going with Anima as my exclusive summon, and Bahamut as my regular (FFVIII's incarnation, in particular).

I don't like summons. I just don't use them.
However, since they were forced upon me in Crisis Core, my favourite ones come from that game, and they are:
Odin, because he kills everything. Dead. With a single slice of light and a sharp little 'chink' sound effect. It's really handy when he crops up at random and does that, especially when Zack's fighting those big chickens.
Phoenix, because its graphics are awesome.
Tseng's helicopter attack. Yes, yes, i know it's not a real summons, OK? But it acts like one and his voice - it just - oozes - darkness.....

Ifrit is hot too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_unZo5s9WHg

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
My favorite summon is FFX's version of Shiva. She's absolutely stunning, and I spammed her the most out of all of my summons. xD I love when she uses Diamond Dust and she snaps her fingers and I'm just sitting here like:
*u* You are so fucking badass.

Ite

AKA
Ite
I agree Tres, once you have that one-on-one with Weigraf, you pretty much learn that if you fool around with any lengthy activities you are pretty much screwed. But all FFs are like that towards the end, I guess.

Aeons, for instance, are legitimately useful for most of the game, but eventually Tidus quick hits for way more damage. And the Espers in FFXII are (as far as I can tell) completely useless. Better to use mist charges for Quickenings. The SNES era had quick, un-obnoxious summons but they weren't very powerful for all the MP they used. In FFVI, once you get magic like Ultima and Holy, the poor creatures get left behind.

Where I find FFT triumphs is have five characters per battle, so I always had a summoner/white mage set aside for healing and/or dishing out group damage, while using the other four characters to holy sword/dispose (mmm, Agrias + Worker 8 = unstoppable duo...). Another great thing was the quality of the support summons. I was using Moogle and Golem right up until the last battle.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Favorite Summon:

I'm not sure I have a favorite. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. But I will say that I love Ramuh because I loved his roles in both FFVI and FFIX.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Fave summon is cutscene!Alexander in IX. So fucking epic.

Favourite ingame!summon would be FFVII's Hades, because even though I hardly used him (mind you I hardly use summons period), he gives
First you summon him and here comes this gigantic badass looking skeleton sorceror and you're like

tumblr_lc4xjhtjab1qzjix8.gif

and then he starts speaking in unintelligble chipmunk speak, and you're like

tumblr_lkkfxpzdGa1qafrh6.gif

and then the cauldron explodes while Hades gives a high-pitched yell of ecstasy in the background and you just sit there and

tumblr_ljkem8fQZG1qafrh6.gif

and then the summon is over and you are left with nothing but a vague feeling of violation.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Bahamut.

Advent Children.

'Nuff said.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
My favorite summon is FFX's version of Shiva. She's absolutely stunning, and I spammed her the most out of all of my summons. xD I love when she uses Diamond Dust and she snaps her fingers and I'm just sitting here like:
*u* You are so fucking badass.

^ This ! FFX's Shiva is my favourite summon too. (=

Ite

AKA
Ite
Bahamut. Advent Children. 'Nuff said.

I personally hated Bahamut-SIN. It's like he flew in from FFX's art direction factory and didn't mesh at all with the FF7 style. To me, just another example of how little they cared about consistency with the OG.

"Divinity II" however is still one of Uematsu's greatest pieces.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Phoenix.

Shit saved my life more than once. Final attack+Phoenix= broken. Oh and Hades and Doomtrain are kind of awesome.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Can I add Anima? SO BADASS. I love how his eye bleeds and all those chains. The concept is just amazing. Because really, summons are our slaves. >D

Least fave minigame?

FFX-2. I loathed sphere break. Hated it. Fine, it's cause I sucked at it. But seriously, that shit pissed me off so much. Controller chucking was inevitable. Stupid Shinra, always beating me, the SOB. D<

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
My least favourite mini-game was Triple Triad. I liked, but some of the area rules were stupid and get past from an area to another like if they were a virus. :S

And I never got motivated to play Blitzball, so I would also consider it a least favourite.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
And the Espers in FFXII are (as far as I can tell) completely useless. Better to use mist charges for Quickenings.

That's not true, and we've had this discussion before. The Espers can be pretty handy when you learn how to exploit them strategically, and a few of them can hold their own, however, they aren't as 'user-friendly' as previous instalments. I think they're meant to be another string to your bow if you so wish, but not an integral part of the battle system.

Least favourite minigame? Hmmm... Dodging lightning bolts in FFX? That was lameoid.

Favourite summon?
I'll go for Knights of the Round (FFVII). I remember an overwhelming sense of achievement when I finally got that summon. I loved watching the knights take turns before Arthur himself lands the final blow.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Least favourite mini-game?

Random and All got stuck with me every time I tried Triple Triad, and I ruined the world. It's like the game punished me for wanting to play it. The guilt and shame still make me shake.

That being said, I think I hate Blitzball more. It's been insulted to death so I don't need to add to the negativity pile, suffice it to say that it's loathed for good reason and I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
^ It was so much worse in FFX-2.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Chocobo Hot & Cold for least favorite? Maybe that fishing business from FFXII.

Sphere Break is not that bad, imo. It's just math :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom