• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

30 days of FF meme (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
If counts, the mini-game I liked the least, was trying to save Rinoa in space. It was so annoying !! The screen kept on moving, and just when you think you've finally got it right, Rinoa the douche goes off to the side, just to say a major 'F you' for all your efforts. These days, I think it's a better ending to FF8. Rinoa dies in space, and Squall goes home, grieves for a while, and then ends up with Selphie. No Sorceress troubles, no more whining and moaning, no more "OMG SQUALL, I'M A SORCERESS, HUGG ME BEFORE I DIIIEEE "...

Screw this shit.

tumblr_lkw0wzxKDb1qclt3z.gif

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
"You look like a bear wearing a marshmellow"

Admit it, it was EPIC. :D

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Least fave minigame: the Speed game in Gold Saucer. Probably most of my hate stems from the fact I'm awful at it.

Fave quote:

Lightning: "Worst birthday ever."

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Favorite Summon: Bahamut. FFIX's specifically.

Least Favorite Mini Game: Chocobo Hot and freaking Cold. While there are others that are worse (such as just about every single X-2 one), none are as required for just about every powerful item in the damn game. No other game that I can think of puts so many character ultimate weapons under the same sidequest. And after resolving to play it for an extended period time once, and after 2 hours having only gotten one chocograph and one piece of one, I said enough of that. So I just never get the ultimate weapons in IX. I've never had a hard time beating the game without them.

Favorite quote: That's a tough one... Cid's tea and hospitality rant is a good one but for humorous ones I might have to go with Gilgamesh:

Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
And ladies!
And ladies who dress like men!
:lol:

For badass quotes, I think I'll go with Auron's speech prior to fighting Yunalesca:

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Hell yeah Auron. Way to get me real fired up for a boss that curbstomped me moments later the first time :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Favorite quote(s):

"To be forgotten is worse than death"
-Freya

"You don't need a reason to help people"
-Zidane

"Farewell, my sweet loveable morons."
-Kuja

"W... Wait! I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!"
-Celes

"If you think and worry too much, everything tends to turn bad. Squall, why don't we just picture a brighter future?"
-Quistis

"A memory is something that is consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes, it can be mistaken or wrong. It's different from a memory locked deep within your heart."
&
"People have many things pent up inside of themselves. So many things they can never forget. Strange, isn't it?"
-Tifa

"I won't let you do it! The future is not only yours!"
-Aerith

"I've simply come to my senses. I've grown sick of siding with animals like you!"
-Kain

UMM... I'm sure there are more, but I cba to go find them all. :'D

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Gabranth: 'Futile, Basch! Long have I walked in hatred's company. As long as I can curse your name, I shall not be defeated!'

Basch: 'Then come! Wield your hatred and crush me. I welcome it!'

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Initial Reaction: FAVORITE QUOTES! YAY!

Ok so I've been sitting here trying to do this post for over an hour. I honestly had a hard time picking one. I had a list but it was too long. I tried cutting some out, but there were some I couldn't cut, and there were still too many. I thought of putting them behind spoiler tags, but I just couldn't limit myself. So instead I'm not listing any. :sadpanda: I HATE THIS DAY. IT'S TOO HARD. :catfight:

Let's just assume I like everything ever said in a Final Fantay game ever. I'm just gonna thank everyone else's posts on this subject.

Splintered

unsavory tart
There's too many good ones, will have to go gather possible favorites.

But as a rule of thumb: Pretty much anything Balthier says.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Well, any of Kefka’s famous lines could take the award, but this one takes the cake:

“This is Sickening! You sound like pages of a self-help booklet! Prepare yourselves.”

Best quote ever!!!!!! :monster:

Other than that, I like Sephiroth’s “I thought of a wonderful present for you. Shall I give you despair?” as well as Kuja’s “Peace is but a shadow of death…” poem.

Honourable mention go to the last phrase in Vivi’s letter:

“Farewell my friends! My memories will be a part of the sky…”

The phrase itself is very sad, but at the same time it has its unique poetic beauty.

texico11

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Suddenly realized that I don't know whether I quote has to be just one person's line :D if not;

Shinra Soldier 1 said:
"How 'bout, whoever stays alive, gets to take her out?"

Shinra Soldier 2 said:
"All right, you're on!!"
Shinra Soldier 2 said:
"But... What if both of us..."

Shinra Soldier 1 said:
"Whoa!! Don't even talk about that!"

If not it would probably have to be;

Aerith said:
This guy are sick.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
In one marathon session :)

Day 01 - favourite FF game - FFIV/FFIX its too hard for me to pick between these two

Day 02 - least favourite Final Fantasy game - FFII...I'm sorry I just can't get into it at all.

Day 03 – Your favourite Final Fantasy theme/song. I've too many too choose from seriously my ipod has a section devoted to all the FF songs I love and there's well over 200 of them so I'll try and pick my top five in no particular order

Fight with Seymour - FFX
Chaos Shrine - FFI (PSP version)
The Oath - FFVIII
The Red Wings - FFIV
Home Sweet Home - FFV

Day 04 - favourite Final Fantasy party from your favourite game.
In FFIV there was really only one choice towards the end which was Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Rydia and Edge but in the GBA and Complete Collections version you can change your party so I'd say I'm more partial to Cecil, Kain, Yang, Palom and Porom.

In FFIX Its definitley Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Steiner probably because they're in my opinion the most balanced and they're a classic tribute to the original FF parties of Thief, White mage/Summoner, Warrior and Black Mage

Day 05 - Your favourite Final Fantasy City/Town.
I love Cosmo Canyon, the location, the music, it just seems out of place compared to the rest of the FFVII world and its one of the only places you see the party really relaxed and discussing a lot of their feelings. The game for me reaches a more dramatic turning point after Cosmo Canyon.

Day 06 – Favourite part of your favourite Final Fantasy game.
In FFIV its definitley when Rydia comes back into the party during the battle with Golbez
In FFIX its when everyone comes together to help Zidane in Pandemonuim on Terra.

Day 07 - Least favourite part of your favourite Final Fantasy game.
In FFIV its losing Palom and Porom after Cagnazzo's defeat, they're two of my favourite characters and they have the best magic stats in the game :)

In FFIX its definitley the party split between Oeilvert and Desert Palace I found it a bit frustrating having to go around in the Desert Palace and grab all those bloodstones in order to stop Valia Pira having all those status enhancements and also because of this...

FFIX battle said:
Command failed Dagger can't concentrate
aggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Day 08 – Favourite Chocobo Version - FFVII's they go Wark, they dance, come in Neon colours and bounce up and down when they have a baby:monster:

Day 09 - Favourite Moogle Version - FFIX's they're so friggin cute, they're funny, they've got personalities, they're kupo nut addicts, plus one of them swears at you in the Ice Cavern....Moogles with attitude, you gotta love it.

Day 10 – Best Final Fantasy scene ever.
Top three are:
1. Cloud Cross dressing...now that is the best piece of genius right there.
2. Bartz and Galuf discovering Faris is actually a girl
3. FFVII Red XIII/Nanaki discovering his father in Cosmo Canyon, that's a really moving scene.

Day 11 – Final Fantasy game that disappointed you - FFXIII

Day 12 - Final Fantasy game you’ve played more than 5 times
FFI, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2

Day 13 – Your favourite version of Cid. FFVII hands down.

Day 14 - Favourite Final Fantasy male character - Zidane

Day 15 - Favourite Final Fantasy female character - Lightning

Day 16 - Your favourite Final Fantasy limit break. - Great Gospel (Aerith's final limit) and Renzokuken followed up with Lion Heart (Squall)

Day 17 - Favourite Final Fantasy mini game. FFIX Chocobo Hot and Cold I adore this game I could very happily sit and dig for chocographs and treasure hunt for hours with this game.

Day 18 - Favourite Final Fantasy opening sequence. This is actually a toughie...but its gonna have to be FFVIII, its a fantastic opening song, beautiful FMV sequence and a really charged fight scene between Seifer and Squall, love it :)

Day 19 - Best Final Fantasy outfit. Top 5 in no particular order

1. Cecil's Paladin outfit in the DS opening of FFIV
2. FFV- Krile's White Mage Job outfit (so freakin cute)
3. Yuna's X-2 Floral Fallal Dressphere
4. Serah (XIII)
5. Rikku's X-2 Trainer Dressphere (she has these funny long sleeves and this really cute monkey on her head)

Day 20 – Best Final Fantasy hair - I actually really like Beatrix's loose curls, its my favourite because you also don't see enough FF girls with curly hair

Day 21 - Favourite Final Fantasy pairing/ship.

Zidane/Garnet, its brilliantly paced, its funny, its emotional, argumentative, they're both there for each other, they actually act like a proper couple that have their ups and down and even though its never properly acknowledged that they are a couple, it just seems like a much more realistic approach to a relationship than the way some of the other FF canon relationships seem to play out.

Day 22 - Favourite Final Fantasy summon.
While its not a major summon I love FFIV's Mist Dragon, the importance it plays in the beginning of the story with Rydia and her mother and how it kicks Golbez's Shadow dragon's arse later on.

Day 23 - Least Favourite Final Fantasy mini game.
I don't like FF8's card game and I forced myself to play it everytime so I could convert the good cards into necessary items, but its incredibly annoying and frustrating at time and required a lot of resetting for me.

Day 24 - Best Final Fantasy quote.

Tellah said:
You Spoony Bard!

Auron said:
Once Lady Yuna fixes her hair we're leaving

Zidane said:
o0o0o0o0o soft

Aerith said:
Walk more nicely Miss Cloud

Yuffie said:
You Spikey Headed Jerk!

Rikku and Yuna said:
Oh Poopie!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
There are so many memorable quotes. Final Fantasy insults are almost Shakesperean in their originality. You look like a bear wearing a marshmallow, you spoony bard, I figured you were a private with that cheap rusty armour. And so on.

The first quote that came to mind, honestly, was "All right everyone, let's mosey." said by Cloud in Final Fantasy VII. First of all, it's funny, and it's managed to make its way into my everyday vocabulary (along with things like 'shiny' from Firefly and 'frak' from BSG). But it's wonderfully indicative of who Cloud is and how far he's come. Cloud from the beginning of the game never would have said anything so... Woolseyish. He was too busy trying to be a superhero. And wheelchair!Cloud wouldn't have said it either, he was too full of self-loathing. The kind of guy who would say this to his friends is a person who is comfortable with themselves. Assured. Relaxed. That doesn't describe the Cloud from most of the game, but when he arrives there, it was clear that he was heading there, slowly but surely. Moseying. The Cloud at the end of the game is the Cloud I finally wanted to be, and it took two simple words to show that to me.

Another great moment is on the rocket, where Cid orders Cloud to leave him behind and Cloud says "I'm not leaving without my friends." Another example of how far Cloud has come, but every time I read it now I can only think of how AC ruined that line.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^I'm usually the one to make the 'Let's mosey' reference, I'm surprised I didn't think of it. But good call indeed. As you say, at no other moment was he closest to a confident version of the guy who left Nibelheim 7 years ago. The moment of levity before a serious battle is common, but Cloud didn't even intend it that way which is part of what made it great.

I don't personally think AC ruined the friends line, but we're been down that road before :monster:

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Cid's classic line "Sit down and drink your tea " yet. 0__0

SEPHIROTH - "What I have shown you is reality. What you remember...that is the illusion."

VINCENT - "The gate of tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness in the depths of the Earth."

FREYA - "We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

KIMAHRI RONSO - "Pick spot! Shut up! Wait!"

Gilgamesh: Starkle, starkle little twink... Now it's time that you guys SINK!!

Squall: Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.

Yuna: I don't like your plan. It sucks.

Sazh: All this dampness is damp.

Sazh: (to Vanille) You think you just die and everything will be sugar and rainbows?!

Ite

AKA
Ite
Someone mentioned Cid's tea line last page. That last Sazh line was so epic. I love how he managed to still be witty even at a time like that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, that scene is one of the most intense scenes I've encountered in a video game.

"But the bird...the bird says no," is another of my favorite Sazh lines.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Christ... So many great lines. I honestly can't choose. There have literally been too many.

....And seeing so many good ones posted reminds me again why I love Final Fantaasy so much, despite how much shit I've given it, and how I've become jaded over it too.

*sigh* Oh, nostalgia :monster:

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Final Fantasy game thinking of re-playing, old or new ?

I'm thinking of replaying FF7 and trying to complete it, now that I'm older and can play games so much better than did when I was a kid. Also I haven't played FF7 in a while, because I feel like it's been spoiled by the spin-offs and Last Order's. So it would be nice to replay the game again, and enjoy the legendary FF7 in all it's glory~~

Ite

AKA
Ite
Well I just started replaying FFIV, but I don't know if I'll keep going. Putting up with slow-sprites and a bad translation might nip that nostalgic need in the bud.

I will probably play Final Fantasy IX several more times before I die. Maybe VIII again. I think I've FFVII'ed myself to death. I can recite the damn thing by memory so playing it is like talking to myself very slowly. That being said, if Team Avalanche over at qhimm ever remakes the whole game I might have to do it. We all might have to do it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm playing the PSP version of FFIV right now. I also have a game of FF7 going that I haven't touched in a few weeks. I'm about to go to space, I think. Everytime I've replayed VII I've mostly powered through it. This game is intended to be the first that I actually go after all the sidequest stuff that I haven't bothered with since my first playthrough.

I didn't get bored with it, per se, there are just so many games to play right now....

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I want to replay all of the Final Fantasies. I've been thinking a lot about FFI & FFV lately.
Does the PSP version of FFIV count as a replay? Then I would like to play that one the most I guess.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
I need to replay FF9. I haven't touched it since...I was in high school. And that, my friends, was a long time ago. D:

I also need to get myself a new copy of FF6 because I lost the old one. :'( But the shit is so rare, I keep postponing it.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I really want to play FFIX again, but o wait I forgot my PS2 decided to be a piece of shit and die on me. :rage: So I thought about picking up FFIV on the DS again, but... cba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom