• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

30 Days of Final Fantasy (2019)

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Sephiroth is oddly respectful for a final boss. Most other FF villains say something like 'you can't possibly defeat me', he says 'I dunno, maybe you can, bring it'. Makes him feel a lot more dangerous, actually, much like the silence in the OG.

Day 13: Chocobo hot and cold, less for the game itself than how much you get to explore the world. Side quest, uh...Fort Condor? Morrid's coffee? Not sure.

Day 14: Quotes.

"You don't need a reason to help people." Zidane's mantra.

"You're stupid! You're Really %|@:<&! stupid!" Cid, FF7, when you don't leave him in the rocket.

"I can't believe it's been 500 years since the war of the Magi." Biggs or Wedge, FF6, the single worst line of dialogue I have ever seen.

"Huh...I guess I have no choice. It's time... to save the world." Vincent, Dirge.

"Hojo, I said I'd heard enough." Vincent, in Dirge, after Hojo keeps talking and talking and talking. People keep monologueing to Vince the whole game, he just doesn't care enough to engage.

"If you live, everybody behind you lives, if you die, they die." Cid, Dirge. Such a contrast to the standard heroic speech.

Ghost X

Day 14: "Bleh! You people make me sick! You sound like lines from a self-help book! If that's how it's going to be... I'll snuff them all out! Every last one of your sickening, happy little reasons for living!"

Not sure if best translation, but I have a similar hatred of self help books and motivational speakers :p. Tis also amusing critique of the whole heroic speech thing.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
“Whew... fatigue rears its ugly head.” - Steiner
“I didn’t come here to drink coffee!” - Steiner
“Even a fly lives for a day!” - Steiner

“My memories will be part of the sky...” - [redacted]

“A veritable emergency of terrible urgency!” - Zorn

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Day 14: "Bleh! You people make me sick! You sound like lines from a self-help book! If that's how it's going to be... I'll snuff them all out! Every last one of your sickening, happy little reasons for living!"

Not sure if best translation, but I have a similar hatred of self help books and motivational speakers :p. Tis also amusing critique of the whole heroic speech thing.

You reminded me of that amazing line and the other part that comes before it. I can't believe I nearly forgot about Kefka. That was another favorite of mine. You're using the Advance translation which is the best one. :mon:

Kefka: Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die? ...Knowing that none of it will have meant anything once they do?

His entire monologue and questioning of why people endure and persist even in the face of impending, unyielding despair, really struck me as surprisingly poignant and fitting for him. There's a tinge of just his own personal unyielding madness and despair in his words that make it as if he can't see his personal existence as anything else. And for a brief moment, he really is puzzled at why humans continue to fight and struggle while he just accepts that death is the ultimate fate of everything. Like, he can't comprehend it. And it angers him.

When he repeats the same line to Terra in Dissidia's Shade Impulse storyline upon his defeat, he sounds depressed and confused, which hints at the severe mental damage he apparently is under. But then of course it fades and he goes back to just sheer insanity :mon:

EDIT: And the more I think about it..

I guess you technically can't use a line from a game/expansion that's not out yet, but I really, really wanna shout out Ardyn's line from the trailer of his upcoming DLC. Because he's just awesome and I'm hyped for it.

Ardyn:
Do forgive me for interrupting the festivities. But I must tell you this day of rapturous revelries shall be your last. Call it divine retribution, that false kings and fraudulent nations are fated to perish. Resist if you wish, but know your fight against fate is a foolish and futile one.

I LOL'd and just was amused as fuck at this. Ardyn is like a mix of the levity and wit of Kefka, with the overwhelming hatred and malice of Sephiroth, in a unique and well done character design and delivery.

There's... Just so much to unpack in that well-delivered and awesome line. The jovial and comical delivery juxtaposed with the venom and grudge Ardyn carries behind his mask of levity just... Speaks to the hatred that burns within him. And in a twisted sense, he's right. Which makes it even more fucked up. He's right in a sense.

Ardyn is like one of my favorite villains in Final Fantasy, and I totally never saw it coming.

Last edited:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
'Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!' ~Auron

Man had few things to say but when he did speak he made it count.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Continuing on

I want to revisit Day 2 for a bit: FFRK may only be a mobile game, but this is one of my favorite limit break (soul break, really) that I think deserves a mention

Tyro's Fantasy Unbound:

HOW COOL IS IT TO BE ABLE TO SUMMON ALL 17 MAIN CHARACTERS TO BEAT UP THE ENEMY FOR YOU (even though the damage is weak lolol) it's so cute.

Day 3: OMG PLOT TWISTS

...come to think of it, there aren't many plot twists that shock me anymore, be it FF or non FF related. Huh. Buuut the scenes that really got to me are

When Terra transforms into an Esper for the first time. Not because it was a spectacle or a shocking scene or anything, but more of a "huh, I didn't expect the main character to turn into a pink glowy thing and fly off like that" kind of thing.

Aerith's Death.

When I was a kid, I couldn't believe that Aerith was dead for real -- I thought that AVALANCHE was going to go on a quest to bring her back to life and I was so sure that Aerith was going to come back right up until the other plot twist at the North Crater

where it's revealed that Cloud wasn't the SOLDIER that he claimed to be.

woooooo boy FFVII sure blew my fucking mind when I was 9 years old.

When Argath shoots Tietra at Ziekden Fortress. Like, I knew that Argath was a fucking jerk and everything, but to kill Tietra in front of Delita's eyes and to mock Delita like that in the middle of battle...oof.

...and when Delita stabs Ovelia in the ending. It's kind of weird, but in War of the Lions I found that scene to be even more shocking/sad, especially because WotL added in more content about Delita and Ovelia that made it clear that Delita cared about Ovelia, and that Ovelia could trust Delita, but it still ended with a double knifing.

That being said,

Day 4: Which game had the best storyline?

Can't I say all of them? No? Okay.

VII, Tactics, X, XIII, in that order.

Day 5: Best Cid?? HOHOHO.

THUNDER

GOD

CID

no explanation needed. Legends of Ivalice say that on the day that he was born, he simply willed himself into existence as the all powerful, all mighty badass old man Sword Saint he is, and spammed Hallowed Bolts willy nilly all over the battle field.

Runner up Cid:

Cid Raines. I really like his character design and lowkey ship Raines/Lightning because lol, weather ship, and their character designs contrast nicely, like Fang/Vanille. I really wished that he had more scenes in XIII.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Seeing Trainer Red's username brings to mind the fact that I never made a master poast of questions on the first page :closedmonster:

F U C K ! ! !

Shall amend that as soon as I am home.... we're only halfway into the event, 'snot too late eh??? :monster:

Day 15.

Which game has disappointed you the most and why? Be mindful of spoiler tags.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The game that's disappointed me the most...

That's a tough one. Certain games have disappointed me in various aspects that have annoyed me greatly.

FFXV's chapter 13 was terrible until it was updated with the Gladio and Ignis path. Hated that part of the game so much.
The ending you get from the main game also was a huge disappointment in terms of how tragic and twisted it is. Especially given what we know about gods of Eos and who Somnus really was.

FF Type 0's
epic downer ending with the entire death of Class 0 was horribly gut wrenching and just. It was well done and emotional but I honestly hate it. It's too much and just so fucking twisted. I get the message and it does what it does well but I just do not enjoy it and anytime I replay the game I skip that ending. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda happy that I'll never have to go through a Tabata heartrending FF ending like that or FFXV's again thanks to him leaving S-E for good. He kinda drove that kind of ending into the ground.

FFXIII is just entirely too linear until the last 1/4th of the game.

Overall though... I think the game that disappointed me the most was probably Dirge of Cerberus. I love the game and its story but I just wish there was more content to it. Like, it should've been bigger. More levels, more gameplay mechanics, refined shooting and action, etc. It just felt stiff and awkward and it shouldn't have been. Considering this was around when KH2 was released... Now I don't think Vincent should be jumping around and crap like Sora but they should've made more effort to capture the action and speed of Vincent's abilities in cutscenes and AC, than what they did in that game. But yeah. That's my overall disappointment game.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Day 15. Oh damn. I dunno. I'm so forgiving like I was SO excited for XV and yeah it has its flaws but I still adore it anyway. I guess maybe Tactics Ogre, the only tactics game I have, cos I'm just too damn stupid to play it hahahaha.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Ffxiii and all associated games - probably the biggest disappointment of my life and the only FF console games I've not completed. Don't get me wrong I bought and played them all it's just that I thought the plot was shit and the gameplay sucked to the point I got bored.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
FFXV at launch was pretty damn disappointing. But they have massively turned it around in my opinion. Especially the Chapter 13 update, Episode Ignis, Episode Prompto, Comrades and the alternative Chapter 14. All of those things massively improved the game imo. Hopefully Episode Ardyn will further improve it.

Other than that, I'd have to say FF12. It's still a really good game that I'd recommend to any RPG fan, but it didn't have that Final Fantasy magic for me. The characters are just so static. There's basically no character development throughout the game, and the story is focused on the larger political issues rather than the personal issues of the characters. If you remove Vaan and Penelo from the game, it's basically still the same game, which generally shouldn't be true with your main characters.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Day 15: Both FF6 & FF9

Simply because I had a hard time being engaged with their gameplay (the later was specially dreadful to play).

Last edited:

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
FFIV, for sure. This one gets so much praise, and I just. Don't. Get it. Boring characters, utterly predictable story, aside from the final boss which is just another "and HERE is the REAL bad guy at the last minute" moment that this series had a bad habit of doing in the 90s, and a slow, boring battle system.

FFIII and V were both better games, yet this one gets all the attention, for what I can only assume are nostalgia reasons from 90s kids who got this as their first FF.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Honestly fancy I’m not sure of my favorite quote. There’s so many. I’m sure it would be from Final Fantasy VII, though. Barret’s “$&@$ing pizza” comment was pretty great.

I also liked at some point when Cloud sort of did the whole “the road so far” moment and talked about Aerith’s.... ya know.. that small thing that happened, and then he basically brought up what they were going to have to do to beat Sephiroth and save the planet.

Pretty sure that was on the airship when he also talked about who he thought he was and who he really is, and how much he has changed. The feels, man. Can’t wait to play the game for the millionth time on the Switch. Any of you fools who don’t have a Switch, BUY a damn Switch! They’re amazing. And would I lie to you?! No!

Okay next question fancy pants. Yeah I’ve given up on the whole cid condom yellow fiasco. I’ve used about every combination in existence. I’m condomed out. Or out of condoms. Whatever I’m sleepy. Uhhh well... None of the Final Fantasies really disappointed me. I’d have to say XIII I guess? I couldn’t really get into it. But I could get into Lightning. In more ways than one. MOVING ON....

I also never could get into VI. When you’re tossing your tomatoes and rocks at me, please make sure to avoid the windows and only throw from ten yards out or more. Thank you. I’d also appreciate it if you’d avoid my head if at all possible. In the case of both games, though, I do want to play and beat them. Especially XIII because MY LORD... Lightning. Okay, sorry I’ll stop. BYE.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Okay next question fancy pants. Yeah I’ve given up on the whole cid condom yellow fiasco. I’ve used about every combination in existence. I’m condomed out. Or out of condoms. Whatever I’m sleepy.

omfg this is going in my signature

I also never could get into VI. When you’re tossing your tomatoes and rocks at me, please make sure to avoid the windows and only throw from ten yards out or more. Thank you. I’d also appreciate it if you’d avoid my head if at all possible. In the case of both games, though, I do want to play and beat them. Especially XIII because MY LORD... Lightning. Okay, sorry I’ll stop. BYE.

LMFAO NO NEVER STOP ALSO I SHIP IT TBH C.S. AND LIGHTNING, TRUE OTP

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
*fires anti-life beam from a monument to non-existence ten miles away, obliterating castiel and shattering all windows. Just all of them.*

FFX was my first disappointment, starting with its flat, boring, awkwardly paced and uncanny opening. Yet, everything I dislike about X was amplified in XIII. As far as the first 6 hours of a video game go, I would sooner take X’s confusion-marathon of infinite unexplained wormholes than XIII’s confusion-marathon of infinite unexplained character motivations and unnecessary terminologies. I thought X’s gameplay was ball-bustingly linear, shallow, and short, but man I had no idea.

Top Bottom