• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

30 Days of Final Fantasy (2019)

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Day 22. I think it might be Shiva. I remember when I was first learning stuff about FF that she stuck in my head so much. I guess back then it was probably X's Shiva I was seeing but yeah something about the design just stuck with me and I was so excited the first time I summoned her in XV and saw her attack in that and stuff.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Bahamut in FFX.
All of the summons are awesome in that game because of how they're used, but Bahamut was surely the coolest. Especially at the point you get him.

I loved all of the summons in FFXV too but they were used very poorly. You can go through the whole game with hardly ever seeing them.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Favorite summons... Hmmm.... That's a tough one.

Knights of the Round from FFVII is one.

Ark from FFIX is another.

Odin, from FFXIII along with Bahamut from FXIII were amazing.

And Shiva from FFXV.

Those were the summons that just utterly amazed me in how epic and amazing they looked.

Special mention goes to Alexander from Type-0, because while it's not a summon you can actually use.. The scene of its summoning by Lady Caetuna in the story was fucking breathtaking.

That was the most epic, and jaw-dropping instance of summoning mass destruction ever seen in Final Fantasy.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Bahamut (all versions but especially ffxv)
Though you don't see much of him the sheer design and omnipotence of the summon being an actual god is amazing.

Plus he's a fucking dragon!

Ghost X

Haven't seen that Alexander one, Makoeyes987. Looks awesome indeed.

Day 22. Alexander has been up there in my faves. I like Zodiark in FFXII and the Sin-like appearance of Bismarck in FFXIV. Think Odin and Yojimbo have traditionally been my faves, but I'm a bit bored of 'em now :mon:.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Day 23.

Which weapon is your all-time favourite and why?

lmfao shout out to Joe and Crash for helping me come up with this one SPOILER I'M RUNNING OUT OF QUESTIONS TO ASK LMAO

Going to answer this from gameplay point-of-view:

Tie between Yuffie's Conformer and Vincent's Death Penalty.

Conformer because it performs normal damage even with the Morph materia/command, making it far easier to Morph enemies into items.

Vincent's Death Penalty because it grows stronger the more enemies Vincent has slain. The growth is slow, sure, but it's still a cool feature and the overflow capability is legendary.

@Makoeyes987 all your talk about Type-0, and that awesome cinematic, is making me quite close to actually looking up what the deal is with Type-0. :monster:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Tifa's legs, both on account of their effectiveness and I find them particularly pleasing to the eye.

The Slasher axe in Final Fantasy Tactics, for it's Slow effect, from a purely gameplay standpoint.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Day 23. Yeah, I gotta agree with Ergo, I really love Cloud's Fusion Sword in ACC!!! The way he uses it, he's so at ease with it and every piece serves a function for him, which is really clever. Also it's mad badass, let's be honest!

Also I'm a big fan of the broad swords (pretty sure it's the broad swords?) in XII and the way Vaan sits on them when you win a fight omg.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
My favorite weapon...

A toss up between the Fusion Buster Sword Of AC, Ultima Weapon from FFVII and Lightning's Overture Gunblade from XIII-2. Squall's Lionheart also gets an honorable mention.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Has to be the Buster Sword. It’s just so iconic not only for FF7 but for the entire series of Final Fantasy. Who didn’t cry or jizz in their pants or both when they saw Cloud’s buster sword on the FF7 remake reveal trailer?

The one thing I’ve always found interesting and a bit ironic is the fact that the weapon quickly needs to be replaced on the game, and then you never really return to it. It’s kind of sad that it has to be that way for such an iconic weapon. However, I have often thought that doing a FF7 playthrough strictly with the buster sword only would be a really fun endeavor. Maybe I will go ahead and try it on the Switch game that releases this coming up week? It’ll handicap me in terms of materia and damage, but I definitely believe it’s possible.

An honorable runner-up for me is the Brotherhood from Final Fantasy X that Tidus wields. It’s a beautiful sword.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I always enjoyed Barret's weird weapons. The Cannon Ball was pretty cool. Although slightly impractical.

The one thing I’ve always found interesting and a bit ironic is the fact that the weapon quickly needs to be replaced on the game, and then you never really return to it. It’s kind of sad that it has to be that way for such an iconic weapon.

That's because it only really became iconic in the years after the game was released. It was just the default sword in the original game, with no particular importance.
It's just because they chose to include it in the artwork that it became a bit of an icon.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Lol the buster sword has the same status as Tifa's boobs. The significance was largely fan-generated after the fact.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Both the Buster Sword and Tifa’s boobs were used pretty heavily in US print ads for FFVII so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ol’ Buster has been too unf’ed on by the prequels, redesigns, and “lore” it’d be like saying he’s your boo when you couldn’t even pick him out of a lineup and wouldn’t know what to do with him if you could.

Seifer’s gunblade is an excellently designed fantasy weapon but I have to agree that Brotherhood is just SO beautiful. It really encapsulates everything that is cool about the “magic sword” concept. My only beef with it is that I never added powerups to it because I was holding out for the best ones.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Both the Buster Sword and Tifa’s boobs were used pretty heavily in US print ads for FFVII so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep, that's probably part of the reason. But I just meant it wasn't obvious they actually intended for it to be a particularly meaningful sword. It was more of a "he looks better with a sword, lets just use the default one" situation.
They did do some promotional material with other swords if I remember rightly. e.g the Hard Edge:

latest

Reactions: Ite

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Day 24. Surprising no one, I think I love a good thief lmao. I remember seeing Rikku in X and changing up the way I wrestled with my brother and sister to match. Stealing things is fun. But I also like anything knight-ish cos just hitting shit with a sword until it dies is my entire gameplay technique.

Blue Mage / Mimic

Being cheap again by putting two answers together, but Blue Mage is essentially a version of Mimic. It's so satisfying to learn overpowered enemy skills and just see that skill list grow towards completion. I am also biased towards the Blue Mage & Mimic since I consider Zack to kinda belong to these classes because of how he "copies" (or adapts) limit breaks from his allies to use himself.

Top Bottom