• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

30 Days of Final Fantasy (2019)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Blue Mage, 100%.

Blue Magic has some of the most versatile, powerful and useful abilities in just about every games they appear in.

Mighty Guard, White Wind, 1000 Needles, L5 Death, Magic Hammer, Moon Flute, Aqua Breath, Bad Breath, and then a highly powered neutral magic attack on par with Ultima (i.e. Grand Trine, Pandora's Box, Shockwave Pulsar, Nova, Cry in the Night, etc) are just some recurring examples of really good Blue Magic spells that never fail to be awesome. They're the best of all mages in terms of versatility, and usually have stats that are great for magic AND physical strength.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Blue Mage type thing is awesome in some games, and dull in others. I loved it in FF7 even though it wasn't part of a "class". I also enjoyed it with Quina with how you had to eat them. That was a good way of framing it.

Otherwise, Dragoon!

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Day 22: Yojimbo (FF10)

Summons that have intant kill abilities become useless during boss fights, with their ability being replaced with a high damage attack but as far as I'm aware Yojimbo is the only one that can completely ignore that and go full on "Fuck You" and one shot any boss with his Zanmato overdrive. Bonus point: on his boss fight as a Dark Eon, Zanmato can kill your party and cause game over even if you have Auto-Life (auto-revive spell when 0 HP), so badass.

Day 23: Squall and Eclair's gunblade, it's sword AND a gun, two awesome weapons in one :monster:

Day 24: I think I like Dragoons the most, jumping to the sky and falling with piercing attack is such a badass imagery.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Plenty of super bosses I decided not to bother with, but I dunno if any of them pissed my off that much. I think Dark Elf and Demon Wall actually pissed young Roger off way back when. Oh and Great Crystal, what dungeons are concerned. No, thank you!

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Day 25. Great Crystal in FFXII. Took a wrong turn and got lost in there for HOURS. Hours and HOURS. This was back when we had super limited time to play games while my dad was out and not hogging the telly so he came home and wanted to turn it off and I was sweating and raging but it was so so long til we could find a save crystal. He nearly banned us from playing again for a while.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Pitioss Dungeon
Pitioss Dungeon
Pitioss Dungeon
Pitioss Dungeon

Because suddenly, Noctis inexplicably finds himself in a 3D platforming puzzle game with absolutely no training, or specifically refined controls or tools to tackle such a challenge.

But fuck it, do it anyways, scrub. Or else Gladiolus is gonna laugh at you.

The prize wasn't even worth it. I just was doing it for the challenge and completionist's sake. That took like 5 hours or more and I'll never do it again.

Ghost X

Day 25. *Tries to recall traumatic FF experiences*. Nothing really comes to mind. I think I recollect more the situations where I'm grinding for experience or rare item drops and trying to return to a save point and die. Lots of dungeons qualify there, particularly in FFXII, iirc.

Final Fantasy X
Dungeon: Omega Ruins

I went too far into the dungeon and then had hours of progress destroyed by being killed by a Great Malboro.

My initial impression of FFX was that I really didn't like it (and in many aspects I don't) but I did enjoy the battle system and the endgame content allowed you to truly revel in it. I was considering to go really, really far with the endgame content but the Omega Ruins put a stop to that. I had already gotten a Game Over screen so many times from a Great Malboro in the early regions of the dungeon. It was exhilarating when in one run I actually managed to make it quite far and even defeated the first boss. But on my way back, hoping to save my hours of progress, I got a Game Over and I just couldn't deal with that frustration anymore. I put FFX down and haven't touched it since.

Last edited:

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Ruby and Emerald weapon in FF7. My first time beating Emerald, I had accidentally sold the underwater materia and had to defeat it with the 20 minute timer, or whatever it was.
-_- Beating them was sooooo satisfying though, and I’ve done it several times. Omg, though, easiestly two of the hardest fights of any game ever.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Do you mean party as in the entire character roster, or party as in the 3 or 4 specific ones you chose?

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Ffvii - the entire team were just the best written in my opinion. They all had their own reasons to fight but in the end came together for the betterment of the planet.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Favourite to play, gameplaywise? Probably the Type-0 crew. Specifically my goto squad, Eight, Cinque, King and Jack.

All the Final Fantasy X party members. The battle system in FFX is the most satisfying I've played of all the FFs. I may not care much for the characters plotwise but in battle I appreciate all their specialities and how you benefit from regularly using all of your battle characters.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
I like the characters of FF7 the most, of course. I don’t even know if I could pick an actual favorite party from there though... Probably Cloud, Red XIII, and Cid. Maybe swap out Cid and Tifa so it isn’t a sausage fest.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
omg i keep meaning to answer my own questions :sadpanda: also thanks crash, you're a doll!!

Day 27.

Who's got the best haircut? And who's hair do you personally think you'd look good in? Note that these are two separate questions lmao.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Of all the white haired pretty boys, I think Firion wears it best.
149-1494416_final-fantasy-characters-final-fantasy-art-johnny-firion.png

Look at that artfully tousled head of hair.

Runners up would be Balthier, Laguna, Auron and Rikku (X or X-2)

Rufus Shinra's haircut would be ideal for me.

Top Bottom