• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

30 Days of Final Fantasy (2019)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm not even taking the piss, I really love how they gave Sazh an afro, full stop. Its just awesome.

As for yesterday's answer, it's a toss up between FFVII's party or FFXIII's party. Hell, include VI's too. I love diverse parties and those 3 games had some of the most diverse and unique parties ever.

I loved FFXV's party don't get me wrong, they had a wonderful dynamic and chemistry that was unique and really awesome. It suited its story perfectly, and they're all awesome characters but I always love the idea of wildly different characters from all over the world coming together, becoming friends and saving the world. FFXV kinda subverts that trope with the team already being friends from the start which is cool too. But I just love how FFVI, FFVII and FFXIII has all these individuals unite for a common cause and fight together. That's always so cool to me.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Lol you ran out of questions didn't you.

I dunno, maybe alternative ending Ignis:

e9bfa908e68e696773e15ac431cabbc4.jpg

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
omg I have tried very hard to come up with clever, original ones, but fell short and had to pull a question from the original meme list, give me a break ???

you're gonna hate tomorrow's then :wacky:

Day 28.

What's your favourite reoccurring trope/motif throughout the FFs? If you haven't one, then what's your favourite reoccurring enemy and or creature?

Ghost X

Day 28. Agree with Roger. Job system. Hard to single out my favourite recurring enemy. I like a lot of them for varying reasons. Tonberry, Cactaur, Malboro, just to name a few offhand.

Behemoth.
My favourite recurring trope is protagonist of mysterious birth, or to put it another way, the protag is not who he/she initially seems.
I always enjoy their reflection on the brevity of life, the necessity of death, and the essential harmony, or balance, between humanity and nature that we tamper with at our peril.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Fave party: Cloud, Tifa, Aeris. First party I ever assembled, although having the choice to replace the main character in XII gave me my second favorite combo: Penelo, Balthier, Basch.

Fave hair: OG Cloud. :monster:

Fave recurring trope/monster: Chocobos! I love 'em so much I put 'em in my homebrew D&D world.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Favourite recurring thing has gotta be the Final Fantasy Theme. I wish they used it a bit more consistently though. It should just be the main intro theme for every game.

Last edited:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
FFX - Hope
If it wasn't for his constant fucking whining I wouldn't even remember he was in FFXIII

I mean I get what they were trying to do by have him succumb to his rage about his mother's death but it's the most anticlimactic event in history and his character design is just bland at best.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm not gonna lie, there aren't really any designs I loathe or just think are "bad" per se. I like to tease and give shit to fabulous, zebra-print, pride-parade Amano artwork Bartz but he even legit looks cool in a fantasy-esque unusual way.

But I will show you the design that irritated me the most when I saw it. It's technically not from Final Fantasy but it is of Final Fantasy characters....

70xh7a.png

Like.... I'm sorry but. Why are you even in this game? I loved FFX-2, and loved Yuna, Rikku and Paine. But, it's like Nomura read all the negative reviews of what people didn't like about FFX-2 and said,

"I welcome their hatred."

If YRP were actually meaningful and did cool shit in KH2, then I'd be more forgiving with the design. I mean, it's cute in a chibi-kawaii sorta way. But... It's all ridiculous. They did fuck all. They were mere stereotypical shells of their former selves. And the silly redesign only emphasized the stupidity of it. Like... I was so disappointed.

Comparing the version of Yuna and Rikku in WoFF to these versions and it's like.... I'm sorry but did Nomura just not have any fucks left to give by the time he got to writing and designing them or something? I have no idea what he was going for other than, "HEY LOOK! IT'S YRP! SMILE EVERYONE!"

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Day 30.

Name the moment(s) in all the time that you've played FF and have been in the FF fandom in general, that you have felt the most elated.

Thank you all so much for sticking with me on this <3

Last edited:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
First time I completed ffvii I legit nearly cried. I had literally just started high school and had spent an absolute age getting a gold chocobo, maxing out all my characters and defeating ruby/emerald weapons. Those final moments of battle will stay with me forever.

When the unused Honey Bee Inn scenes were uncovered eight years ago. It was a very exciting time and for a long time I felt "Wow, now my life has peaked" because of the small way in which I contributed to its discovery (in hindsight I should have given more credit to BrutalAl, since he was essentially the keymaker and I simply pointed him to a locked door that looked suspicious).

The ecstasy was also palpable here at the forum when the discovery was revealed. I fondly remember all the joy.

The original video upload of the unused scene:

@yellow condom cid
Thank you for all your hard work with this wonderful thread activity idea! <3

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^:touchingu:

I think seeing the Remake trailer for the first time is what did it. My brother had already trolled me from footage from G-Bike and so when he insisted that there was an actual Remake trailer that dropped, I didn't believe him. Then he linked it to me. I saw it. I cried. I was so, so, so, so, so, so happy.

Top Bottom