3D printed FF7 models !

Crissssss

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Designer
Hi there :blush:

I'm working for several years on making the 3D printed full set from FF7 (Overworld models).

All of them are now available on this website.

01-1.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

(Those pictures are from customers)

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
@Crissssss I'm interested in getting a few of these (because some are models I've never seen in a 3D print before), but I have a few questions:
1- It's difficult to get a sense of how these look in real life vs mocked up. Do you have any closer photos, possibly with better lighting? Also have you considered doing a "wash"? I've never painted minis, but the general consensus is that they really make the figures "pop". (EDIT: Never mind, a wash wouldn't really work on these types of models) I wonder if maybe a clear coat would help...?
2- I see that these are designs printed through shapeways, which I believe uses sandstone printing. While I don't know a lot about sandstone 3d printed minis, I've heard mixed things in regards to their durability. I was wondering if you can tell us how your experience has been. Have any of your figures chipped, cracked, or broken?

I have a color mini for my D&D group from Hero Forge on its way to me in a few days, which is also printed using Shapeways. If I'm happy with the result, I think you might see a few orders from me.

Crissssss

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Designer
@Erotic Materia Thanks for your messages ;)

1- This is the best photo i received from a customer, also i can say that all the customers are very happy with them, the models look really better in real life ;)
MLrzldZ.jpg

-the glossy finish is maybe what you mean, look at this photo : on the left there is a Chocobo with this finish.
Like this they are protected against dust, water .... But the best is to keep them on a safe place like this :
F2pPX1M.jpg

2-If they fall on the floor there is a lot of probabilities to break them. But if you take care you can keep them for year ;)
I never seen a chipped or cracked model, even after years.

I'm pretty sure that you will be very happy with your D&D figure !

Top Bottom